Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just wanna say thanks again guys for your kind words and support. Bruno is asleep now, was very peacefull and he just went to sleep in our arms and that was that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In Orlando airport standing for 30 mins. Go to the toilet and come back to find my brother going nuts saying a TNA guy walked past. Doesnt know who but he reckons it was Roode. Gutted I missed him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The tag line for the Dark Knight Rises is The Legend Ends. Does that mean they are finishing the series after three movies? Better not do another poxy reboot in a few years time like Spiderman. Still have probably dozens of villians they could use, no need for it to end/reboot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The tag line for the Dark Knight Rises is The Legend Ends. Does that mean they are finishing the series after three movies? Better not do another poxy reboot in a few years time like Spiderman. Still have probably dozens of villians they could use, no need for it to end/reboot.

Nolan has apparently said he will only do 3 movies. So it will be the end of his participation, if Warner Bros want to go again, and another director will take up the challenge then there might be a fourth.

on a side note anybody se newsroom? seems pretty good and intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Its the end of Nolan's trilogy apparently. Just hope that the inevitable reboot doesn't suck. While I do enjoy Nolan's batman I feel it can be a bit dry and too realistic. Gimme a massive Bane not a guy in a soppy jacket. Bale's batman voice is a small bit cringey too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its the end of Nolan's trilogy apparently. Just hope that the inevitable reboot doesn't suck. While I do enjoy Nolan's batman I feel it can be a bit dry and too realistic. Gimme a massive Bane not a guy in a soppy jacket. Bale's batman voice is a small bit cringey too.

thats a voice!!! I've been sending strepsils over to hollywood for him for ages :cool::pac::p

Problem I have with the reboot's is we end up with roughly the same story being told over and over as well as the same villians being used over and over. Joker will probably be high on the list but we all know that nobody will be able to beat the performance of Heath Ledger. It's not like Batman is short on enemies, so a bit of variety would be welcome. The longer a series goes, the more likely we are to get that variety.

I read they plan to reboot it in a way that the character could fit into a larger universe as they move towards a Justice League movie in 2016.

I read they plan to reboot it in a way that the character could fit into a larger universe as they move towards a Justice League movie in 2016.

They are doing that with the games too apparently...f*ck the justice league.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

No. A justice league movie just wont work.
    The characters are just too blah, other than Superman and batman its too flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was never able to take to the Justice League. The reason they are rebooting it, as someone said above, is because Christopher Nolan says the paranormal doesn't exist in his.

This is my favourite version of Batman. Im not really into superhero movies. The only other one that I've really watched is Spiderman so a Justice League would suck for me. Not even a fan of Superman.

Also, started on the Soprano's last night and sweet baby jesus it's awesome! Cant believe I missed this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Oh man, you're in for a treat. It gets better as it goes on. You could nearly watch it once a year I think. Definitely very rewarding when watched in sequence on a regular basis. I preferred Michael Keaton as Batman, it has to be said. But I'm sure that's my age talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Kevin Conroy is batman - and everyone knows it!!

Batman-batman-bat-superhero-smiley-emoticon-000136-large.gif

I sat on the batpod the other day....

CMpunked wrote: »
    I sat on the batpod the other day....

Batpod/Tumbler or whatever Nolan calls them but they are still the fvcking batcycle/batmobile.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Watched "The Longest Yard" (remake) again there last night for the first time in ages , such a great film and Kevin Nash is brilliant in it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Happy Friday the 13th y'all!!

I enjoyed the justice league cartoon that was out a few years ago, its what endeared me to the green lantern as a character, any movie about the lot needs an avengersesque build up so when a group movie is made people arent sayin get that martian guy away wheres batman etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Justice league movie talk is just an attempt to to try and latch onto the avengers success isn't it. As you say without the build up movies like the Avengers it would make no sense.

• Advertisement

Justice League just don't have the amount of quality superheroes that Avengers/Marvel have. That Green lantern film that was on sky recently was bloody useless. At least the Avengers cast had a bit of a back catalogue of ok movies.

There had been talk of it before, I think. apart from the batman series all DC movies have been kinda crap really superman returns was meh, that green lantern was bad. the avengers were also flimsily linked in each other movies subtle hints etc... could you imagine Clarke Kent being in a press conference in this set of Batman movies an stuf like that.

It would be interesting to see a justice league adaptation but it would have to be seriously well scripted. all it takes is a bit of personal struggle and a character has depth and watchability

Wrecked. 26 hours without sleep now. Flight from Orlando to Gatwick and then Gatwick to Dublin. Universal Studios remains my favorite place on this planet though, even if they have gotten rid of the Jaws ride :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

they what!? thats devastating.

Yup. The area between Disaster and Fear Factor is completely boarded up, the lake has been drained and the buildings knocked :(

Welcome back TSC!

The jaws thing was class. Shame they got rid of it but it is a bit old at this stage.

How long was your stop over? I usually went Dublin to Atlanta which is about seven hours than about a two hour stop over in Atlanta then an hour or so from Atlanta to Orlando. Same in reverse. Last time I went was Fort Lauderdale instead of Orlando so going back we where is that poxy airport for about six hours before the flight. Couldnt get an earlier one and had to be out of the hotel before 12.

I'm having awful trouble with where and were today :o

You say Jaws is old but ET is still there somehow, and that's a lot worse than Jaws ever was. At least Jaws had some awesome staff who went way OTT on the "tour" and were a great laugh. The only redeeming feature of ET is you can give fake names and have ET read them out (this year, me and my brother went with Sam and Dean :pac:)

We only spent two hours in London, but that was because the initial flight out of Orlando was delayed by two hours. Last year though, we got a 13 hour delay in Heathrow though because something happened the plane :( Also yesterday, we had to be out of the hotel at 11 and the flight wasn't till 9, so there was a lot of waiting round, but we went to Denny's for a while and got awesome cheap food...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

Well yesterday turned out to be just a meeting. Mix up on the solicitors half it is next week it is to go into court. There was so much to talk about

• Advertisement

You say Jaws is old but ET is still there somehow, and that's a lot worse than Jaws ever was. At least Jaws had some awesome staff who went way OTT on the "tour" and were a great laugh. The only redeeming feature of ET is you can give fake names and have ET read them out (this year, me and my brother went with Sam and Dean :pac:)

We only spent two hours in London, but that was because the initial flight out of Orlando was delayed by two hours. Last year though, we got a 13 hour delay in Heathrow though because something happened the plane :( Also yesterday, we had to be out of the hotel at 11 and the flight wasn't till 9, so there was a lot of waiting round, but we went to Denny's for a while and got awesome cheap food...
    ET is a kids ride and it's always been packed whenever I went. So bad one time we didn't even bother going on it, that's how long the wait was. Jaws was definitely for an older crowd so wouldn't be as busy.

Remember the first time I went on Jaws. Sitting beside a hot girl and she got a fair few frights, was damn near sitting on my lap by the end of it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement