Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sure you guys heard about it by now (and maybe in the batman thread) but there was an awful shooting spree took place in Aurora, Colorado, USA last night before the midnight showing of the new Batman film. 12 confirmed dead and dozens injured. Thoughts go out to the victims' friends and families.

CBS news live stream

News article

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm sure you guys heard about it by now (and maybe in the batman thread) but there was an awful shooting spree took place in Aurora, Colorado, USA last night before the midnight showing of the new Batman film. 12 confirmed dead and dozens injured. Thoughts go out to the victims' friends and families.

CBS news live stream

News article

Absolutely horrendous, how a human being can do it on innocent civilians :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭deisedude

Did you enjoy the E-Street Band the other night man? I went last night. Plenty of hits, naturally.

There are no words that can explain what happened on Tuesday , but it was Epic , 3.5 hours of entertainment

Best encore i have ever seen. Went mad when he played American Land as the last song. My favourite Boss song :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I had only seen him with The Seeger Sessions Band before so this show felt even more authentic. I passed my driving test today and JBL tweeted me. Things just keep gettin better!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I had only seen him with The Seeger Sessions Band before so this show felt even more authentic. I passed my driving test today and JBL tweeted me. Things just keep gettin better!

Congrats on passing the driving test

Bruce gets better with age :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ah I dunno. I'd've loved to have seen the Big Man, but sadly I never made it to other shows. Yeah, I'm driving years but have never had a clear enough head to pass the test before. Thanks man!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

deisedude wrote: »
    Best encore i have ever seen. Went mad when he played American Land as the last song. My favourite Boss song :-D
    Not the only one , its also one of my fav songs bar The River . The second i heard the drums start i knew what was coming
    Well done on passing
    Ah I dunno. I'd've loved to have seen the Big Man, but sadly I never made it to other shows. Yeah, I'm driving years but have never had a clear enough head to pass the test before. Thanks man!

Yea would have loved to have seen The Big Man aswell but Jake did a great job on keeping his dads legacy intact

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So I've been uploading videos and some lets play for a while now, and I managed to get myself a copy of Here Comes The Pain.

As such, I've decided to record a playthrough of season mode. :D

BUT I'm not entirely sure who to pick. My gut says Jericho, any suggestions?

Maybe the WWE 13 thread would be better suited, i've no idea!

Hey I just saw there's a third Rec movie - "Red 3 : Genesis". What a cheap-sounding name! Anyone know anything about it? Did it even come out over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

deisedude wrote: »

Probably my favourite Boss song too. Had plenty of beer in me by then so was jumping around like a lunatic. Great gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Probably my favourite Boss song too. Had plenty of beer in me by then so was jumping around like a lunatic. Great gig

Went on Wednesday. My favourite song he played that night was rocky ground, the second last one. First time hearing it and loved it! Loved the whole show!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Probably should have asked this a few days ago so people had a chance but anyone been following the sales on Steam (the PC gaming platform)?

Have picked up....

Star Wars KOTOR, ARMA II Pack, Alan Wake franchise, Splinter Cell: Conviction, The Longest journey, Train Simulator, Anomoly: Warzone Earth, Limbo, The Walking Dead (all 5 Episodes), Mirror's Edge, Bastion, Orcs Must Die, Plants vs Zombies.

All for 65€ :P The damn sales always set me back but so much value in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah the Steam Sales are great. Haven't picked up much so far due to having a HUGE backlog as it is.

Got Payday: The Heist, Red Orchestra 2 and Just Cause 2 so far, thinking of getting the 2k collection and The Walking Dead later on today hopefully!

Arma 2 is great, I've been playing it loads over the last few months, takes a while to get fully into though.

I got Arma due to the Rooster Teeth discussions of DayZ which I love the look of (for those who don't know, DayZ is a mod which makes Arma2 a realistic zombie survival game where when you die, your character is gone for good and you have to start over. As I said, a realistic zombie game).

And yeah, I've got backlogs as well from Xmas, but the prices are too good :(

Yeah DayZ is fantastic, I've had some of my best gaming moments ever on it already, just the tense feeling you get when you see another player is crazy.

I've been meaning to pick up the Batman games and Max Payne 3 aswell but think I'll get them on xbox instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I nearly died when i seen the GTA complete pack for a tenner.
    Ever since joining the gta mod team i have grown in love for all the modding stuff. So i was looking forward to doing all that, like remapping cars and the like.
    But i could only get San Andreas, Vice City and III. :(
    Consequences of owning a mac i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Not on Steam thank god or I would have spend a obscene amount of money this week. Been playing Max Payne 3 the last day or so, not enjoying too much. It just seems to be entering a room then clear it enter the next room die then restart then go through it and repeat.

Quick question to all you crazy kids;

I'm away to england in the morning and got some money changed but would prefer to use my visa debit card where i can. Is there a charge for using it outside ireland?
    Like i know theres specific charges for taking money out of a non rbs/natwest atm, but dont know about say, using it to pay for dinner etc.

Anyone got any idea?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Quick question to all you crazy kids;

I'm away to england in the morning and got some money changed but would prefer to use my visa debit card where i can. Is there a charge for using it outside ireland?
    Like i know theres specific charges for taking money out of a non rbs/natwest atm, but dont know about say, using it to pay for dinner etc.

Anyone got any idea?

Well I have a UK debit card and if I use it to pay for stuff here then there is a charge. I'd imagine it works the same the other way around so best to check the rates. They should be easily available on the banks website.

At the very least, I'd imagine there's a conversion rate charge, and they'll give themselves the best rates there....

• Advertisement

Well I have a UK debit card and if I use it to pay for stuff here then there is a charge. I'd imagine it works the same the other way around so best to check the rates. They should be easily available on the banks website.

Its very hard to find any info tbh. I've looked and all i can find is "Yes, you can use your debit card anywhere a visa sign is displayed".
    What is the charge for you, cherry? Is it a percentage of how much you use or a set monetary value per transaction? 10p, 50p etc?

EDIT: I don't think there's a charge for non eurozone countries.
    The table below outlines Debit Card charges within the Eurozone
    ✓ Point of Sale Transactions - No charge

Transaction Type - (Outside the Eurozone)
    But of course england has to be different. Dam commies..
    1% of transaction amount - (min €0.25, max €6)

Not too bad, i suppose.

I'm with Lloyds and it's 1.5% of the amount with a max charge of £4.50.

Good evening from merry ol' england!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Where abouts in England are you?

Denny M wrote: »
    Where abouts in England are you?

Up north near wigan old chap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Coolio, I've only been to London and Ipswich myself.

Nice. Have you found a jolly old television to watch RAW on? Furthest north i've been is to Newcastle/Sunderland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

POMS

Steam sales are over now btw :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

New teaser trailer for Superman reboot film Man of Steel out next year

As you see Chris Nolan is involved with this also, looks quite promising

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement