Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dancor wrote: »
    Where did you go for he honeymoon? Your in cork aint ya, any flood damage?

Jamaica and Miami. It was pretty incredible. Jamiaca moreso than Miami.

No flood damage in my area thank god. We are fairly high up so were never in danger. Some really bad cases around though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tickets came today!! Pretty impressed by ticketmaster.

You have to break the conformity and run on to the pitch if we win.
    Renewed my Dogs Licence earlier €20 quite a lot if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

GTR63 wrote: »
    You have to break the conformity and run on to the pitch if we win.
    If we win I'll go on the piss for the entire week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did you go for KFC afterwards :p

Will never look at a piece chicken the same way again!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Today in America, I went to a kids magic show that had far too many awesome Christopher Walkins references, and then into a chemist which had Kurt Angle's TNA theme playing for some reason. Yes, I walked up and down the aisle, pretending there were crowds cheering me :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Today in America, I went to a kids magic show that had far too many awesome Christopher Walkins references, and then into a chemist which had Kurt Angle's TNA theme playing for some reason. Yes, I walked up and down the aisle, pretending there were crowds cheering me :P

would think it more likely they were chanting you suck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

This new look boards does not work well with my Ipod. :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

^ is there a boards app? I'm just using safari on it, looks the same to me :o

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ^ is there a boards app? I'm just using safari on it, looks the same to me :o

I'm using safari too. Making a new thread is a pain. Writing goes all over the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Was watching the Joe rogan podcast there with Dom Irrera, and they started talking about being in Galway and Kilkenny and about irish people, and joe hadn't heard of hurling before, so redban stuck up a video of hurling for him. Joe was impressed anyway. Its mad how everyone outside of ireland who sees hurling for the first time thinks its crazy and rough, literally every person ive shown a video of it to who was foreign has said something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,059 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Pleased for Andy Murray, hope he wins on Sunday now. :)

Gradually I'm being hunted down by the Joe Rogan podcast. I'll leave a trail of weed in the wrong direction though and catch them out.

Long hair was annoying me tonight so I just shaved it all off there (blade 0) a few minutes ago,the bits I can see look grand but not sure about the back!

Cant decide to go the whole hog and shave the rest of it with a razor a la Steve Austin or just leave it as is!

Gradually I'm being hunted down by the Joe Rogan podcast. I'll leave a trail of weed in the wrong direction though and catch them out.
    If you could lead that trail to the edge of a cliff that'd be great.
    Long hair was annoying me tonight so I just shaved it all off there (blade 0) a few minutes ago,the bits I can see look grand but not sure about the back!

I could never do that to mine its long and staying long but I can't keep the beard shaved enough, annoying as f*ck it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Pleased for Andy Murray, hope he wins on Sunday now. :)

I hope he does as well should be a great game him against Federer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Gotta let off some steam somewhere and without the risk of trolls or any kind of bs.

I have to put my dog down this week. Bruno Sammartino the Rottweiler has severe bone cancer, with a tumour growing on his rib cage and pushing into his lungs. He has been given two months to live, but it will be a very painfull end so we have made the call to put him to sleep. He is getting a fry up for dinner and pigs ears with chocolate for desert, going out with a bang!

The thing is I'm angry as well as sad, because he is a rescue dog. We got him two years ago, where he previously spent 7 years as a forced breaking dog that was just skin and bones. If we never took him in then his old "owners" probably would have him still tied up and do nothing to help his pain. How anyone can do something so sick to an animal without a single bad bone in his body, that plays with my nephews and will give you non stop affection on command is beyond me.

He is living proof that there are such things as bad dogs, only bad owners. I'm glad he has gotten two years of attention, love, the highest quality food and got to be named after a wrestling legend :p I'm sad to see my best friend go, but happy he gets to go out with bang.

/rant. Sorry about that I just needed to vent somewhere :)

I'm really sorry to hear that mate. He's going out in style and loved.

God I just came across this comic strip labelled "The last Calvin & Hobbes Comic" and oh man, a piece of my childhood just died.

4702302_700b.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Dog thebostoncrab at least she had a great last few years and last supper, think my own Dog doesn't appreciate how lucky she really is. Family had to get our old Dog put down about 5 years back and that was tough considering she was 19 but her health deteriorated late on so we made the right choice.
    Clare are looking so bad I reckon i'd even get a game assuming I do a seanie johnston.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ah sorry to hear about Bruno. I assume you didn't call him by the full title every time you were calling him?! Anyway, yeah you feel kinda like you're failing the animal always when you get a pet put down. My cat of 13 years was taken last year and it really is hard. Man, I was at the Skerries 100 today, and I think I have sunburn, did anyone else venture to it???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I stumbled across this try earlier. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry to hear that thebostoncrab

Losing a pet is really tough. My thoughts are with you TBC and LisaLee.

Sorry to hear about Bruno thebostoncrab,at least he had a great few years with you guys though.

Still get choked up to this day when I think about putting our old collie Socks down about 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear the bad news. Really tough lossinf a pet. Hate to haveto do that to my golden lab. The end to the flim marley and me got me the first time I seen it. I was crying.

Oh man, that movie. I just don't go near it. I was told not to watch it a few years ago because I get so sentimental over animals and have managed to stay true to that pledge since!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

cena wrote: »
    So sorry to hear the bad news. Really tough lossinf a pet. Hate to haveto do that to my golden lab. The end to the flim marley and me got me the first time I seen it. I was crying.
    Sure that was sad, but this youtube video really got me. I cried for the first time in years while watching it. I think everyone who has a dog will know what the guy in the video and what thebostoncrab is going through.

My old dog of 12 years old had to put down a few years ago as he developed terminal cancer.
    But I wasn't living in ireland at the time. I think that made it easier in a way, not having to see him fade away. But keep strong TBC, its selfish to keep him alive if hes in pain, so your doing the right thing, think of it this way; hes going to be sharing a few bones with his mates and chasing bitches all day upstairs now! (see what I did there :pac:)

Anyway, here is the video, dont watch it if you dont want to cry, as if you've had a pet dog before, you will cry, but its a good video, such raw emotion during that moment we dog owners dread.

Man, that was a beautiful video. Thanks for posting that. Really inspirational (but on the other hand I can't imagine making something like that!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Thanks for sharing Charlie. It's just such a horrible decision but Bruno's become a shadow of his former self and he's in pain. I couldn't imagine documenting it, I'd rather remember our boy in his prime. Jumping around like an eejit, stealing food and chasing cats out of the garden!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement