Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS XL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Will the DS games still have that annoying border like they had on the original 3DS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

They can still be displayed at their original resolution, or full screen. Full screen apparently looks better than it does on the current 3DS.

Mr E wrote: »
    Gamestop let me do a transfer when I switched from DSi to 3DS.

but to transfer from 3ds to 3ds you need the interent

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop had some advertising stuff outside today, price seems set at 209.99.

I pre booked mine on Wednesday, but price was €220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well if gamestop give 40 trade in a DS lite, and will sell the XL for 170 when you trade in a DS lite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Quick question. You know how DSi specific games are region locked, are they still region locked on the 3DS? I know, dumn question, but I just got to wondering on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths price is €214.99 for the console.

Smyths price is €214.99 for the console.

And it's 105 trade in for the original?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Quick question. You know how DSi specific games are region locked, are they still region locked on the 3DS? I know, dumn question, but I just got to wondering on it.

Yes they are.
    Furthermore, all current 3DS games are region-locked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Never even heard about NSMB 2 :eek:

New Super Mario Bros 2

they have talking about
    New Super Mario Bros 2 for past month in nintendo Official Magazine

• Advertisement

good news everyone just back from gamestop and did the deal 3ds xl for 99 euro no mention of traded in game its scraped

put down money on it 10 euro

theyll do transfer also tho i have let the 3ds xl with them for a day or two

RESULT

2 weeks on friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Can't afford this but I'll sell myself if I have to!!!!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!

Galloway81 wrote: »
    Preordered a red/black 3DS XL from Zavvi which is currently £167.95. Looking foward to it now there's actually a couple of games for the system I will care about. Cannot get enough of Mario platformers.

I assume when everyone is saying you could use an adaptor from a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS, that means the adaptor I got with my old DS phat would be no good?

only charger thats is suitable for DS-Lite/DSI/DSI XL or 3DS are compatible for 3ds XL,

the generation one DS has different path connector port charger are different compare to DS-Lite/DSI/DSI XL or 3DS port,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    only charger thats is suitable for DS-Lite/DSI/DSI XL or 3DS are compatible for 3ds XL,

the generation one DS has different path connector port charger are different compare to DS-Lite/DSI/DSI XL or 3DS port,

The DS Lite charger is NOT suitable.

Indeedy. I'm sure you can get them round for like a fiver though.

Indeedy. I'm sure you can get them round for like a fiver though.

almost i got my spare one for €6.99 from HMV

Like I said, its the principle of having no charger thats annoying. Its like how was it in the previous console gens, when you'd get a new console, bring it home, and find out you couldn't carry on your games cos you didn't think of buying a memory card :mad:

IS GAMESTOP deal good trade in old 3ds for 3ds xl for 99 euro i think so anyone ?

IS GAMESTOP deal good trade in old 3ds for 3ds xl for 99 euro i think so anyone ?

And u have to trade a game they are looking for with that offer like mariokart7 or mario 3ds

• Advertisement

I don't think its just mario and the what not. Think I saw cooking mama or something on that list.

anyone know hmv deals or smyths or xtra vision deals?????

And u have to trade a game they are looking for with that offer like mariokart7 or mario 3ds

i did the deal today for 99 euro and wasent asked or mention of a game

That might not have been that specific deal. Someone mentioned to me the other day gamestop still do 20% extra on pre order when you trade in./

That might not have been that specific deal. Someone mentioned to me the other day gamestop still do 20% extra on pre order when you trade in./

all i know is i went into the store mentioned the ad to thr manager trade in 3ds for 99 euro he said yes no mention or asked for a game put down 10 euro and left :)

Yes gamestop still trade in dsi for €80 for 3ds xl, i ask them still accept dsi as trade in for 3ds XL and they said yes for about €80

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How rigorously do they test the functionality of trade-ins?
    Not that I'm planning anything...

Banjo wrote: »

Not that vigorously, if memory serves.

How does it work exactly? I trade my 3DS in now, and they put 120 on a card or something?

Ok just to put GameStop trade in confusion to bed

IF you trade a 3ds and a chosen game from a specific list the 3ds xl will cost you 99

IF you trade a 3 ds on its own without a game the console will cost you 129 euro confirmed this morning from GameStop Naas!!!

Your ten deposit only holds a console for you after that you decide on day which u want to go for deal wise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Banjo wrote: »

Why, did you drop it in the toilet or something? Good plan, though.

Advertisement