Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS XL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

cloud493 wrote: »
    img_tradeoffer_3DS_XL.jpg

Even when you factor in the exchange rate, still cheaper than gamestop.

no GAME Shops in dublin anymore, they have closed down since march in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's okay to just post something once, wampy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Where's cheapest place to buy a 3ds xl cash???

Cloud can I use your staff discount?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

HMV haven't announced a price yet :pac: I asked in symths yesterday, the guys was obviously talking crap, he said 'you'll be looking at 250 - 300 for the console like, same deals as you get for the 3DS now just more expensive'

• Advertisement

HMV haven't announced a price yet :pac: I asked in symths yesterday, the guys was obviously talking crap, he said 'you'll be looking at 250 - 300 for the console like, same deals as you get for the 3DS now just more expensive'

i saw the price yesterday in HMV and its €209.99 for 3DS xl

Where's cheapest place to buy a 3ds xl cash???

hMV €209.99 full price

but HMV are only accepting Nintendo 3DS as trade in and €120 off the original price

HMV or Smyths dont accept DSI XL or DSI or DS-Lite

gamestop only accept DSI XL or DSI or DS-Lite as trade in

you get 3ds XL for €99.99 when you trade in your 3ds plus one game

you get 3ds XL for €149.99 when you trade in your DSI XL

you get 3ds XL for €159.99 when you trade in your DSI

you get 3ds XL for €169.99 when you trade in your DS -Lite

in gamestop only

smyths has trade offer as hmv but there starting price €214.99

dont trust the game ads, because no game in dublin or limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I presume if you trade one in, they require all the original packaging, cables, power adapter (!) and assorted tat that came in the box, including games?

Kinski wrote: »
    I presume if you trade one in, they require all the original packaging, cables, power adapter (!) and assorted tat that came in the box, including games?

HMV might be a bit stricter, but as long as you have box, nintendo official charger, you'll be good. I haven't heard of that deal in work, but if thats true thats pretty damn good. I shall ask tomorrow.

Edit - they will take consoles without boxes and stuff. But it lowers the value, so I don't know how it works in this particular deal.

I have it all anyway, but I have the Mario 3D Land bundle; would rather keep the game.

Trading in for the 3DS and 90euro I would do, but the deal does sound a little to good to be true.

• Advertisement

HMV might be a bit stricter, but as long as you have box, nintendo official charger, you'll be good. I haven't heard of that deal in work, but if thats true thats pretty damn good. I shall ask tomorrow.

Edit - they will take consoles without boxes and stuff. But it lowers the value, so I don't know how it works in this particular deal.

Cloud can u post up minute u find out please? If I can trade a 3ds and 90 cash in hmv happy days :)

Well I'l be around today, so I'm gonna ask :p

I checked the HMV I work at, henry and grafton street, and they all said 'no confirmed trade in deals' Price is 209.99 though/.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/358496/blog/blog-hmv-advertises-a-fake-3ds-with-2-circle-pads/

It's probably safest to not listen to anything HMV are saying regarding the 3DSXL:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

If I can get the system and kingdom hearts 3d for around €250 It'll be mine :)

209.99 isn't a bad price anyhow. And only gamestop's announced their trade in deal anyway, symths and HMV still have to reveal their hand./ Or since I'l be up north on the 28th anyway, just get it there.

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    If I can get the system and kingdom hearts 3d for around €250 It'll be mine :)

Buy 3ds xl in hmv for €209.99

then purchase the kingdom hearts 3ds in SMYTHs for €35.99 if u have a smyths card plus when u joins smyths membership theres €5 fee to join but u get a smyths membership card and €5 smyths store voucher, smyths membership card give u €10 off any new release games or €2.50 off non new release games

wampyrus77 wrote: »

then purchase the kingdom hearts 3ds in SMYTHs for €35.99 if u have a smyths card plus when u joins smyths membership theres €5 fee to join but u get a smyths membership card and €5 smyths store voucher, smyths membership card give u €10 off any new release games or €2.50 off non new release games

No it doesn't :confused: it gives you 10% off selected new releases, or 2.5% off selected pre owned games.

No it doesn't :confused: it gives you 10% off selected new releases, or 2.5% off selected pre owned games.

ive paid €35.99 for many new releases in smyths,

also €2.50 off view games were not pre owned games, i never buy pre owned games

That's why I said 10%. 10% of 40 quid is 4 quid. So, 35.99.

• Advertisement

jaydoxx wrote: »
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/358496/blog/blog-hmv-advertises-a-fake-3ds-with-2-circle-pads/

It's probably safest to not listen to anything HMV are saying regarding the 3DSXL:pac:

Wtf? Why would anyone do that??? (But I do like how they were so precise about the size of the screen - "82% larger" rather than "Twice as big!" - even when making a dodgy photoshop with fake features.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

wampyrus77 wrote: »

As per Cloud, it's 10% off new release games during their first week of release usually, so that would be €5 off most DS/3DS/Wii games and the guts of €20 off Guitar Hero World Tour back in the day :)

Official Blurb :
    Benefits
    • All registered cards get up to 10% off selected new releases in the first 7 days after release
    • 2.5% off selected titles at any time
    • We will update you on new releases and special offers via email or SMS
    Taken directly off the application form, which I happened to have in my bag, with a spare card attached to it. Didn't know they charged for these cards now. I've never used this one so if anyone wants it and is willing to go to all sorts of awkward lengths to get it, be my guest.

Worth noting, you can't use your 10% off and the free €5 voucher you get for joining at the same time unless they've changed their Ts and Cs recently.

Edit: I've been doing a lot of pro-Smyths posting recently. Has my ghost been hacked? Damn this cheap open-source cyberbrain.

Well they let me use my loyalty card when I bought unit 13 at the same time, but otherwise I believe you have to wait a week. And symths are really good. Better than gamestop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

ya smyths almost always have sealed stock and there prices are competitive to hmv at least with the loyalty card, with HMV and most Gamestop stores selling gutted games at new prices I usually buy games in Smyths or Amazon

Will smyths be cheaper for console if u have a loyalty card?

thought 3ds was out next friday its next saturday weird doesnt all games console release on a friday

anyone seen any cases for 3ds xl i havent seen any on amazon either surely ill need one ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

anyone seen any cases for 3ds xl i havent seen any on amazon either surely ill need one ha ha

Probably need one of these...
    Lowe%20Alpine%20Bear%20Tooth%20Air%2035L%20rucksack.jpg

That's why I said 10%. 10% of 40 quid is 4 quid. So, 35.99.

the games said the price normal €44.99, our price with smyths membership card €35.99

some where price normal price €49.99, our price with smyths membership card €39.99

• Advertisement

The symths loyalty card discount off new games in 10%. Fact. .

Advertisement