Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More violence in Dublin City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Those are the parts of the CC I had in mind, but I don't know if you've been around Dublin recently - the zombie plague has spread well beyond its former borders. And O'Connell St. has been a zoo since God was a lad.

You'll be fine, unless walking past a single person slouched in a doorway ruins your day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

gosplan wrote: »
    You'll be fine, unless walking past a single person slouched in a doorway ruins your day.
    I'm a native, so I'm used to it. I'm just ashamed that my friends will be seeing it. I saw nothing like that in their cities - and I wandered all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I love this video, I watched it about twenty times yesterday and about the same since seeing this thread. Saw this on fb yesterday
    The scumbag with the umbrella let it smack into one of the foreign lads' faces as he walked by, then chased them down the street when they had the temerity to complain. The scumbags then proceeded to attack them even though they were completely in the wrong and had no chance of winning. Life lessons ha ha...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

No one knows how it happened tho so everyone assumes it was the two scumbags but that's no excuse for the two juice heads to hit them on the ground or kicking when they on the deck
    Their the scumbags if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I don't condone violence but that was a thing of beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ahhh leavve ihhh ouuuuu! Leave the ****ing umbrella out you stupid bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The two guys look like they've done some MMA, good take down at the start, hammer fists at 0.14 and a good solid knee to the face at 0.20.

Maybe these cvnts will think twice next time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

One of the comments on youTube
    I liked the bit where they left it out

:D

No one knows how it happened tho so everyone assumes it was the two scumbags but that's no excuse for the two juice heads to hit them on the ground or kicking when they on the deck
    Eye witness reports say that the knackers in the tracksuits were completely in the wrong and got what they deserved.

Another person on Youtube commented that they were there and that the scrotes were hassling the other 2 lads for ages until they had had enough.

• Advertisement

cournioni wrote: »
    Eye witness reports say that the knackers in the tracksuits were completely in the wrong and got what they deserved.
    I retract my statement :D
    No excuse to get hit on the deck
    If your gonna wreck someone do it while they're standing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Bollox.
    If you randomly attack someone you deserve much worse than what they got in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

**** them, they had enough chances to back off, plus the cheek of them starting trouble in the first place. Got what they deserved imo and I hope they guy in the blue STILL going after them when the video ends got another few slaps for his trouble

Something tells me that scumbaggary™ do not abide by Queensberry Rules so why should anyone else that they decide to have a go at?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

The embarrassing thing for me is that I'll be acting as a tour guide in Dublin for some guys from Eastern Europe in a couple of weeks and I know there's no way I can take them around without them seeing zombie junkies and scenes like this. I saw nothing like that when I was in their cities. :(
    Depends what part of Eastern Europe,my mate got his head kicked in for his wallet at the Euros and a bottle over his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Sappa wrote: »
    Depends what part of Eastern Europe,my mate got his head kicked in for his wallet at the Euros and a bottle over his head.
    The Euros would be more along the lines of the Swedish House Mafia concert - an outdoor drink fest. You'd expect more bother at big events like that than you would just walking down the street on a weekday morning.

The rules went out the window as soon as he swung the umbrella.

They had every excuse to. The guy nearly took his mates eye out with the umbrella if you watch the video. Assault with a weapon. If he was getting back up to hit me with an umbrella I would do the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

That guy should be kicking for Leinster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Sappa wrote: »
    The Euros would be more along the lines of the Swedish House Mafia concert - an outdoor drink fest. You'd expect more bother at big events like that than you would just walking down the street on a weekday morning.
    Don't get me wrong,there are scum bags and violence in the majority if cities in Europe it's not just Dublin that is this way.
    I have to say you wouldn't see this very often on the streets of Paris or Rome as they are heavily policed and they but a squeeze on the vagrants to stick to the suburbs.
    That's the solution really,if we could fence them in and have free zones where they would be immediately hassled if they set foot in them by the police say the entire city centre.

seamus wrote: »
    Picking a fight even when the other guy is quite clearly twice the size of him in all directions. That's a level of stupidity that only scumbags can attain.

They ****ing love doing it though. If there's no reaction they look like hard men, if there is a reaction there's still no "win" for the big lad.

• Advertisement

He already has them beatin it's obvious they can't defend themselves to why continue it
    Their just as bad as the scumbags if you ask me

He already has them beatin it's obvious they can't defend themselves to why continue it
    Nope, they're absolute heroes, I'm sorry to break it to you. It might teach the wasters not to go around assaulting random people in the street. It is the only language they seem to understand.

Bull****, if someone starts something on the street for no reason you have to keep going until they're properly stopped, can't give them a chance to come back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Bull****, if someone starts something on the street for no reason you have to keep going until they're properly stopped, can't give them a chance to come back again.

I'd nearly even argue that they should have kept going on the second lad. Obviously he was no threat to them, but he clearly hadn't learned his lesson when he followed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'd nearly even argue that they should have kept going on the second lad. Obviously he was no threat to them, but he clearly hadn't learned his lesson when he followed them.

In all fairness I think they made their point. Seeing that there was only two of them and they were in scrote-central, there might be other scobes lying in wait to hop in so they were right not to continue.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm surprised they did not keep going and give them a proper pasting. These toe-rags are used to the odd beating - I doubt any real hard was done to them other than a few bruises. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

The fact that they STILL followed them after the hiding they got should tell you why you should keep going at them. Plus, if you hit the ground against scum like the tracksuits they wouldn't be too quick to leave you back up.

If they're willing to swing a weapon, and at someone unarmed in this case, then they're certainly willing to face the consequences. Worst thing about this is that you can be sure they learned nothing from it, and will be back at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

If he'd paid more attention in his physics classes he'd have learned why bread crumbs make poor missiles.
    Nah, watch again.

Scrote #2 comes back after getting his slaps, red bag of some description wrapped in left hand/arm. He pulls someting out with his right hand ( probably a stolen can of dutch gold ;) although the missile looks to be white in colour ) and lets fly, the momentum causing his large bag of stolen crisps to meet the concrete, and become bird feed.

Still though, 20secs, right boot to head, as dangerous as it can be, was carried out with sublime perfection, and no doubt caused little to no damage to scrote #1, immune to beatings at this stage.

Guessing the lads dissing out the goods were eastern european.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The video with hurleys looked like any game of hurling any given weekend, except without the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

cournioni wrote: »
    The rules went out the window as soon as he swung the umbrella.

:pac:

some choice language in the clip, beware

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement