Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More violence in Dublin City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Here's a another video of a man defending himself (and girlfriend) from some scumbags, he shows far too much restraint (could have given the guys a good few kicks to the head while they were down etc...) so the guys get up and end up following him

That was a great one. the guy was a pro boxer wasn't he?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I was just about to post that, quality...

This is the best one of a bully getting owned:

Oh and this guy is some sort of ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

smash wrote: »
    That was a great one. the guy was a pro boxer wasn't he?

Don't know about professional but he was definitely trained. From what I've read the two scummers were hassling people in the park all day which is why the guy was filming them from the tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

According to this news article they say it was a bag of crisps thrown at them lol you can clearly see chips, don't know how they can't see that. They got what they deserved and it was only a few light digs and a nice foot in the face so no big deal, seen a lot worse than that before.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/video-messing-with-the-wrong-people-fight-in-broad-daylight-in-dublins-talbot-street-3165184.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

fiacha wrote: »
    The criminal courts may have a different opinion there. AFAIK the "No retreat" clause only applies to you when you are in your home.

A couple of kicks to someones head while on the ground is all it takes to end up facing an assault / manslaughter charge. There was a lot more than "reasonable force" used there
    I don't see anything wrong with walking away from a fight / confrontation. I don't need to act the Internet hardman in order to reaffirm my masculinity.

I'm not defending the actions of two lads in tracksuits.

The courts assess these things based on law, right and wrong doesn't come into it.

The kicking doled out in the video may have been unlawful but it was completely right. The law only applies after the fact and the scrotes clearly ignored it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I just stumbled across this one shot by tourists on an open top bus in Dublin:

Doesn't exactly do wonders for our reputation!
    Every stereotype of drunken violence met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Solair wrote: »

A well-placed grenade there would have saved the state a fortune in legal fees, dole payments and prison costs, and given a boost to Dublin's average IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

A well-placed grenade there would have saved the state a fortune in legal fees, dole payments and prison costs, and given a boost to Dublin's average IQ.

Can I throw it please?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,179 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Solair wrote: »

Lol, the things they were throwing were getting bigger and bigger.

I was expecting someone to pick up a building to throw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

1 guy beats 4 video up there... He beat 1, and a 2nd guy slipped.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Zascar wrote: »

Oh and this guy is some sort of ninja

"Dawai!!"

*russian for "come on"!

Other than the chubby Aussie kid botching a powerbomb this is my favorite video ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Love watching scumbags get a kicking, fantastic stuff.

Cheers OP
    Would rather see some old guy pull a gun and shoot them dead.

Its not just Dublin though..here's celebrity halfwit Alex Reid enjoying a dignified rumble in the street with a team of bouncers "backing him up"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

^^^^

It actually looks staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Degsy wrote: »
    Its not just Dublin though..here's celebrity halfwit Alex Reid enjoying a dignified rumble in the street with a team of bouncers "backing him up"

thats faker than a hookers orgasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

The embarrassing thing for me is that I'll be acting as a tour guide in Dublin for some guys from Eastern Europe in a couple of weeks and I know there's no way I can take them around without them seeing zombie junkies and scenes like this. I saw nothing like that when I was in their cities. :(

I would expect any clued in tour guide would know where to go and not to?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,179 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

What ever about the fight, it's the voice of the woman, everytime I walk around Dublin and hear those accents I cringe, honestly it is the worst accent in Ireland.

Chorcai wrote: »
    What ever about the fight, it's the voice of the woman, everytime I walk around Dublin and hear those accents I cringe, honestly it is the worst accent in Ireland.

Its put on in a lot of cases..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

The embarrassing thing for me is that I'll be acting as a tour guide in Dublin for some guys from Eastern Europe in a couple of weeks and I know there's no way I can take them around without them seeing zombie junkies and scenes like this. I saw nothing like that when I was in their cities. :(

What would you want to show them on Talbot St /Gardiner St anyway ?

If you can avoid Abbey st LUAS as well

It is embarrassing and pathetic the only consolation is that the junkie scumbags are usually too caught up in their own dramas to bother the rest of us - still not pleasant to see of course.

There are other cities that have similar problems to ours but I think one difference here is that people live right in the city centre or attend one of the clinics around here and are therefore out on the main streets all day every day.

In a lot of other cities the problem is more hidden as the junkies / whoever are out in the suburbs on sink estates
    So tourists don't encounter them except maybe around train stations and places like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

"Ah HE-yere!"

They probably learned a lot more about how to behave in public in that 20 seconds than they did in all of their juvenile court hearings put together.

No. I doubt it. They never learn. No doubt that they will see themselves as the victims in all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Degsy wrote: »
    Its put on in a lot of cases..

Really do you think so ?
    In London some kids who fancy themselves as rude boys put on a ghetto accent usually known as Jafaican

I'd be stunned if anyone is making their accent more inner city Dub though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Two absolute units.

Classic.
    This is the second time today i've seen someone called a unit.. Is it autocorrect or a new word i'm not aware of?

Laneyh wrote: »
    Really do you think so ?
    In London some kids who fancy themselves as rude boys put on a ghetto accent usually known as Jafaican

I'd be stunned if anyone is making their accent more inner city Dub though

It does happen though..i grew up on a road where there were a lot of people's parents from other parts of the country who suddenly started drawling like smackheads and affecting a funny,chicken walk.

A lot of these chracters would have neutral accents verging on posh but wanted so badly to fit in they were talking like the bastard offspring of Ronnie Drew and Shane McGowan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Zascar wrote: »
    I was just about to post that, quality...

This is the best one of a bully getting owned:

Haha. Close the gate on your way out

I cant imagine a polish gym rat groping a female junky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

"We're going to need a bigger umbrella"

Can't believe this thread hasn't been locked yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Fair enough that they pushed the two lads to the ground for hassling them,but there's really no need to be kicking the lad in the head when he's down on the ground,makes them no better then scumbags either,in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement