Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

attacks are more vicous now,going to concerts when i was a teen was a completely different kettle of fish..
    why bring knives to concert events?another thing,i dont think the security were doing their job that night,were they intimidated by the scummy crowds i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

attacks are more vicous now,going to concerts when i was a teen was a completely different kettle of fish..

I'd suggest your memory is a bit flawed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i dont think the security were doing their job that night,were they intimidated by the scummy crowds i wonder?

doubt it , MCD security is usually pretty tight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Nodin wrote: »
    I'd suggest your memory is a bit flawed there.
    Maybe it's violent crime are more common amongst civilians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

:D class!

you should move down the country mate.

I am from down the country?

Getting punched and kicked were two annoying incidents that were over in about 2 seconds and had hardly any bearing on my night. I obviously wasnt saying getting kicked and punched was amazing.
    The music and atmosphere in general was fantastic.

Also every single scumbag I noticed was from Dublin, no excpetion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭R.F.

Is it true that 3 have died from overdoses at last nights concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

You've statistics to back that, I trust?

I certainly do.

http://www.tara.tcd.ie/bitstream/2262/2144/1/jssisiVolXXVII_135175.pdf

See figure 1 (page 138) showing the explosion in crime since the 1970s onward.

See here also: http://www.crimecouncil.gov.ie/publications_ncc_summary_crimeinireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Im sorry pal but that argument is pure b*llox

Its nothing but a drug addict or heavy users attempt to justify their drug use.

Take a walk around some of the flat blocks in the inner city and ask the residents what drugs has done to their community.

Narcotics drive addiction and mental issue, social deprivation, and Im sure you know damn well that drugs like coke and speed can induce mad behaviour that leas lead to violence, so can drink but nowhere near level narcotics do.

Id bet my life if was drugs related those stabbings last night

I'd bet my life that the drug responsible for 99.99% of voilence is alcohol.

I dont equate an old man having a pint with his dinner with some scumbag who buys white powder of unknown origin off some even lower scumbag then shoves it up his nose.

Give me the environment of a pub with pints flowing over some banter over sticking toxic subtances up your nostrils having a manic episode

I work in a pscyh hospital mate. alcoholics are a pushover to treat over psyhcotic drug addicts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

thebaz wrote: »
    what is it about stabbings and sunshine in Dublin - we moan about the poxy weather most of the time - then we get a blast of sunshine , and there is a new idiotic fad to pack knives instead of suncream - sickening - back in my day it was hand to hand combat amongst punks , skins, nothsiders/ southsiders - very rarely stabbings, a few broken noses was about it

Is that right Ponyboy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I wouldnt say their a pushover ive met some fierce hyper aggressive hobos in the past in a wet hostel not easy to deal with i can tell you!

• Advertisement

R.F. wrote: »

I heard the report on the radio just now, but they only said one person died and they're trying to identify him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Is that right Ponyboy?

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

E is the dangerous designer disco-infiltrating drug the tv shows of the 80s predicted. Became a must-take accompiament for most, to enjoy the 'music' what about the guy who has to collect his dole accompanied by his mother, lurching head-down brain- damaged and de-sensitized by one too many. Senses perma-dulled, unable to feel anythhing whatsoever anymore having got so high - that's the price; artificial buzz to artificial music in artificial environment. Robotic music/Robotic poeple. Don't be a sucker - don't be a hipster. Don't take e; don't attend raves. Nobody says you have to, ignore the hip herd majority and do yores own thing

thebaz wrote: »
    ?

Just a reference to 'The Outsiders' Was meant in jest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

R.F. wrote: »

http://www.thejournal.ie/phoenix-park-three-males-dead-swedish-house-mafia-overdose-513781-Jul2012/

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    I certainly do.

http://www.tara.tcd.ie/bitstream/2262/2144/1/jssisiVolXXVII_135175.pdf

See figure 1 (page 138) showing the explosion in crime since the 1970s onward.

See here also: http://www.crimecouncil.gov.ie/publications_ncc_summary_crimeinireland.html

Indeed.
    It is encouraging to note that the current trend in recorded crime reflects the trend in nonindictable and indictable crimes, which has fallen since the 1980s. In the eight years from 1990 to 1998, non-indictable crimes fell by 11 per cent, while indictable crimes fell by two per cent and the total recorded crime rate fell by nine per cent

The fact is that crime rates in Ireland are greatly related to emmigration. The lowest rates ever with in the 1950's. Violent crime in Europe generally has been dropping since the 1800's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So there's nothing to say that 2 of the 3 were even at the concert?

One died at the gig.
    Meanwhile, gardaí are also appealing for information on the identity of a man who was at the concert but died in Connolly Hospital last night.
    The man, who was in his early 20s, sought medical attention at the concert, before being taken to hospital.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0708/stabbing-phoenix-park-concert.html

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Also every single scumbag I noticed was from Dublin, no excpetion.

yep :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Indeed.

The fact is that crime rates in Ireland are greatly related to emmigration. The lowest rates ever with in the 1950's. Violent crime in Europe generally has been dropping since the 1800's.

How does that support your claim that crime rates were higher at the time when borstals were in existence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

You know things are bad when some of local scumbag element who live around the rough estates beside the park are digusted by the element there last night.

As one junkie said to me earlier 'bleedin vermin at that yoke man'
    Lol
    LH Pathe wrote: »
    Raves will always bring the ****ing idiot element; end-of.
    It wasn't a rave because it's 2012, not 1990. Plus, raves played good music.
    immersive wrote: »
    So many uneducated know it alls here. Typical narrow minded Ireland.
    I think "know-it-all" might be a bit rich. :p
    The type of music has nothing to do with all the scumbags turning up
    It most definitely did. Snoop and Tinie Tempah are deemed "bad-ass" by those eejits here. There was no such hassle at Stone Roses - so of course it was the music that attracted them.
    *sigh*
    Why the hell do people have to equate "scumbag" with class, welfare, money, location, accent etc?
    I agree, but you cannot compare life in Sandycove to life in an area with a lot of problems and intimidation, harassment etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

MCD are fucked now I'd say.

Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

E is the dangerous designer disco-infiltrating drug the tv shows of the 80s predicted. Became a must-take accompiament for most, to enjoy the 'music' what about the guy who has to collect his dole accompanied by his mother, lurching head-down brain- damaged and de-sensitized by one too many. Senses perma-dulled, unable to feel anythhing whatsoever anymore having got so high - that's the price; artificial buzz to artificial music in artificial environment. Robotic music/Robotic poeple. Don't be a sucker - don't be a hipster. Don't take e; don't attend raves. Nobody says you have to, ignore the hip herd majority and do yores own thing

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    How does that support your claim that crime rates were higher at the time when borstals were in existence?

I didn't make that claim. However in the 1860's when there was imprisonment for a vast range of minor offences, crime was higher than it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Have just seen this other video posted on another site...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp3ms6wsYLI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 immersive

Let people drink til 6 but don't sell drinks above a certain strength at certain times? People should be able to go out without being treated like children but strong drinks shouldn't be sold? Huh?

I've seen this work in Australia amongst other countries. A bar is opened all night. You can buy alcohol all night but the sale of cocktails is stopped at a certain hour, shots for example at another hour. It's just one example. Maybe it wouldn't work but this whole excuse of cheap alcohol and lets close venues even earlier is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

http://greginmotion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/03-cool-story-bro.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

No you stated:
    Then you said:
    So what one is is exactly? That we need to learn the affects of recreational drugs or that it's not the fault of other drugs bar alcohol?

I am not talking about the societal effects of recreational drugs. I am talking about their actual effects. If there was no alcohol at that gig yesterday (impossible i know) and everyone was just off their heads then i sincerely believe that we wouldnt be talking about the violence that occurred. Alcohol is the common denominator.

To others speaking about an old man enjoying his pint, thats not what i'm talking about. Alcohol makes the most timid people aggressive. But, as it's legal and taxable, it's consistently ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Arciphel wrote: »
    Have just seen this other video posted on another site...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp3ms6wsYLI

That security guard is awesome at pushing! Just look at him go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

where did you get this from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement