Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

donalg1 wrote: »
    That wasnt so hard now was it Gerry.

Hows about next time you want to mention me in a silly post of yours you think twice and make sure its accurate and factual and is in some way related to me, otherwise leave me out of it and stop making up lies ok.

I stand (sit) corrected and thoroughly scolded.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Pro taxers want all your money Sam, they'd be happy if your destitute as long as they're protected.

Yes them being protected is right. It seems a "fair share" from the pro taxers, is to pay more tax, even if it means hardship only for some. Not for them though. In reality, they only see the overall benefit to themselves, hardship for others does not matter.

Why this county puts up with phil and the like`s with their massive expenses, paid trips to exorbitant priced hotels , huge wages, and pensions, while threatening people struggling to get by, is beyond me. The way he disappears for the referendum, then back once its passed, like a snake waiting for its prey.

And according to one of phils messenger boys now, you are a tax evader even if you can not afford the property tax, or if you post saying you dont agree with it in principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I stand (sit) corrected and thoroughly scolded.:o

Let that be a lesson to you now, and get back on topic quick, before you are also ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

He could try asking the people in the council/social housing with access to libraries and parks to cough up for their amenities maybe? :cool:

for generations they have lived on generous state handouts. why would they make a contribution to society now?
    they do not have a hundred euro to spare. all their money goes on drinking and lavish Christmas gifts.

Does every citizen include renters who, the last time I looked, use all the same services that the rest of us do?

Or are you happy enough that one section of society can get off paying for the services they use?

This tax discriminates against homeowners.

Cue dv or donal with the ridiculous car tax argument......

whoever owns the house should pay the property tax, not however is renting it.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    Unless I am mistaken I contribute enough in taxes all ready. Every citizen should pay the same regardless of circumstances.

compared to other countries we pay less taxes. we not for example pay a tithe to the church, which Germans, even if they do not go to church are obliged to pay. we do not have to pay any tax to the local community either.

there was an argument put forward that the tax should be in relation to the size of the house. eg pay less for a two bedder than a five bedder.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    compared to other countries we pay less taxes. we not for example pay a tithe to the church, which Germans, even if they do not go to church are obliged to pay. we do not have to pay any tax to the local community either.

there was an argument put forward that the tax should be in relation to the size of the house. eg pay less for a two bedder than a five bedder.

Comparing to other countries?
    In the UK renters pay the council tax.

Comparing to other countries?
    In the UK renters pay the council tax.

they probably have more rights as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

for generations they have lived on generous state handouts. why would they make a contribution to society now?
    they do not have a hundred euro to spare. all their money goes on drinking and lavish Christmas gifts.

:eek:

That's a pretty big generalisation there.

Must be cold up there on your high horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

So if David Drum,Sean Quinn and Mr Fingleston havent gone to jail for their massive fraudulant and criminal activities and can get away with it all scot free and evade justice....,and if Phil Hogan can blow 12,000 euro of "tax payers money" on a weeks luxury holiday and expenses to Brazil and get away with it too....does that mean all 50% of people who SAID NO and who HAVE NOT PAID wont go to jail for not paying 100 euro and wont be had??

PS-Has Big Phil payed his own Luxury villa property fees yet????

• Advertisement

whoever owns the house should pay the property tax, not however is renting it.

A tennant will most probably pay it....in the form of higher rents next time rent price/contract needs to be renewed.

Has "Big Phil" payed up on his "luxury villa" property fees yet????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Hijpo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

paddy147 wrote: »
    So if David Drum,Sean Quinn and Mr Fingleston havent gone to jail for their massive fraudulant and criminal activities and can get away with it all scot free and evade justice....,and if Phil Hogan can blow 12,000 euro of "tax payers money" on a weeks luxury holiday and expenses to Brazil and get away with it too....does that mean all 50% of people who SAID NO and who HAVE NOT PAID wont go to jail for not paying 100 euro and wont be had??

PS-Has Big Phil payed his own Luxury villa property fees yet????

I doubt they will jail anyone for not paying this charge unless that person is really stupid and talks themselves into jail or ignores the courts decision leaving them with no option other than to jail them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Just because other countries do things their way does not make it right nor should we feel obliged to copy them.

The size of the house should not matter imo, this tax is for local amenities which everyone uses and in that respect everyone should pay the same.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

We've always operated progressive taxation, e.g. those who earn more pay tax at a higher rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

We've always operated progressive taxation, e.g. those who earn more pay tax at a higher rate.
    Actually we havn't. Until very recently Irelands tax regime was classified as regressive as the more you earned the smaller percentage of your income you paid in taxes, which is still true for many high earners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

paddy147 wrote: »
    It was a conference.

dvpower wrote: »
    It was a conference.

A conference that required him and six 'special advisors' to attend.

When FF were in power everyone was shouting about 'junkets', now it's a 'conference'!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

A conference that required him and five 'special advisors' to attend.
    Exactly. A very important conference.
    When FF were in power everyone was shouting about 'junkets', now it's a 'conference'!:rolleyes:
    Junket, business trip, conference - whatever you want to call it.
    It most certainly wasn't a 'weeks luxury holiday', as paddy147 said it was. I'm just correcting the error/lie.

A conference that required him and six 'special advisors' to attend.
    Six 'special advisors' you say. Who were they?

Exactly. A very important conference.

Junket, business trip, conference - whatever you want to call it.
    It most certainly wasn't a 'weeks luxury holiday', as paddy147 said it was. I'm just correcting the error/lie.

I wonder did he bring yer wan who writes letters for him to influence local councils.
    I also wonder is she one of the 'special' people who gets €35k more than was agreed for working as a 'special advisor'.

You tell me, you seem to know everything about phil.

You tell me, you seem to know everything about phil.

I don't know - you are claiming that Phil Hogan had six 'special advisors' with him.
    Did you just make this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

1. Sneezy
    2. Sleepy
    3. Dopey
    4. Doc
    5. Happy
    6. Bashful
    Phil was Grumpy.

I don't know - you are claiming that Phil Hogan had six 'special advisors' with him.
    Did you just make this up?

Yes.

He didn't go to Rio at all.

There was no 'conference'.

No advisors went to Rio.

It hasn't cost the Irish taxpayer a single red cent.

Yes.

He didn't go to Rio at all.

There was no 'conference'.

No advisors went to Rio.

It hasn't cost the Irish taxpayer a single red cent.
    Who were the six 'special advisors' that you say accompanied Phil Hogan to Rio? Any why are you posting blatant lies.

Who were the six 'special advisors' that you say accompanied Phil Hogan to Rio? Any why are you posting blatant lies.

Back on ignore for you dv, had enough of your trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

donalg1 wrote: »
    Well lets see Robbie, I have 49 posts here (50 now) you have 199 and Gerry has 300, bit of a difference really.

How do you know these facts ? Not great on the old computer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement