Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel buddy to australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

I will go with you. I am 55, bald, 24 stone and as hairy as an ape. But I got a nice pair of speedo`s.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 debs1

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Im scared of flying on my own as well. I like to have at least one pilot with me. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Zambia wrote: »
    Im scared of flying on my own as well. I like to have at least one pilot with me. :-)

Now now, leave the smart stuff to us low/medium level trolls please, are you trying to put us out of a job:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

mod I merged a few threads here, as all pretty much the same, I'll also add it to the FAQ so people will know where this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

debs1 wrote: »
    Hey I'm 28 as well and flying over to Sydney on 16th August - going Dublin to Abu Dhabi then straight to Sydney if any1 is on that flight let us know - dreading flying on my own :). I'm gonna be staying with a friend and her bf when I get there for a while but hoping I land a job pretty soon and can then go and rent somewhere... wanna head to Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne as well during my time there.. Also dreading doing the 3 mths regional work by myself as well as all the ppl I know over there have already done it :(

I booked a return flight just in case but can always change the dates if I decide to stay the 2nd year!

But like every1 else I'm scared and nervous about going but I'm sure once I settle in and make friends I'll love it!!!!!!!!!

Throw on the headphones and watch a few films and the flight will be over before you know it.

As regards regional work, im sure plenty do it alone and make friends. Lifes too short to worry about it. Thats what I keep telling myself anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jimd2012

Hey,im a 26 year old irish lad and im heading to australia in the next few months too,wud like a travel buddy for the trip also,ive got my visa and am ready to book flights anytime now,dont really mind what part i head to first...anyone lookin for a travel bud pm me,thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nat89

luckylass wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Looking for some help? Have decided I want to go to Australia or New Zealand not too fussy, but don’t want to go alone. I am girl and 23 years old anyone thinking of travelling would love to hear from you!! Would be planning September to leave but would leave before this if I can’t get a summer job as I am just finishing college.

Hi I'm just wondering have you made up your mind on where your going? I would love to go to Australia. I'm also in the situation. I'm a 22 year old girl who is nearly finished college. I'm planning on looking for a summer job and leaving in September after I graduate but if I cannot get a job would be willing to travel any time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Molmac1

luckylass wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Looking for some help? Have decided I want to go to Australia or New Zealand not too fussy, but don’t want to go alone. I am girl and 23 years old anyone thinking of travelling would love to hear from you!! Would be planning September to leave but would leave before this if I can’t get a summer job as I am just finishing college.

Hi Luckylass,

I am heading to Oz in September as well, I am a 23 year old girl. I plan to go to Sydney first and then travel up along the east coast. I am going alone also because friends keep changing their minds about going and cannot wait to go anymore. I would love to travel with someone as I am quite nervous about traveling by myself. Have you booked your flights or visa yet?

Hey I am going to oz around September time....I was ment to follow bf out to Perth but we broke up so would really love a travel buddy to make it that bit easier...I know I'll be grand once out there but would be so much nicer (and less scary) to have people to go with...so if anyone's interested please let me no!! No plans yet so pretty open to ideas! Thanks everyone :D

Hiya :)
    Where you planning on going to first? Im planning on going to Sydney and then travel up the east coast. I got my visa last week and I plan on booking my flights in the next few weeks. Would love to travel with someone as Im not looking forward to traveling solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Smile it confuses people

Hey I'm 21(will be 22 when heading) and iv been on here looking for a travel buddy for oz in September for a while and have been chatting to a few ..seems to be a good crowd heading over round then would be interesting to see if it would be possible to get a group going!

If anyone is headed in Perth direction in September pm me :)

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

Hey I plan on goin to australia in august or sept depends how d saving goes!!..Im female 26.. I was jus wonderin if anyone else was plannin on goin rnd this time.. I av woted to go for yrs suppose to go wit bf but we broke up so its now or eva!!!.. Really excited bout goin jus nervous goin on my own wud luv a travel buddy to fly ova wit!!. No plans yet so open to suggests!!.
    Thanks..
    Bring me ill go :)

Molmac1 wrote: »
    Hey I am going to oz around September time....I was ment to follow bf out to Perth but we broke up so would really love a travel buddy to make it that bit easier...I know I'll be grand once out there but would be so much nicer (and less scary) to have people to go with...so if anyone's interested please let me no!! No plans yet so pretty open to ideas! Thanks everyone :D

Hiya :)
    Where you planning on going to first? Im planning on going to Sydney and then travel up the east coast. I got my visa last week and I plan on booking my flights in the next few weeks. Would love to travel with someone as Im not looking forward to traveling solo.
    Hiya!! I'm thinking Perth first but I'm pretty open to be honest!! Iv nothing booked just yet still getting funds together ;)

My plan at the minute is Perth for a while then move east and travel up I'm the same though I'm dreading travelling alone n would love to have a wee group going over...when are ya planning on heading??

Hiya!! I'm thinking Perth first but I'm pretty open to be honest!! Iv nothing booked just yet still getting funds together ;)

My plan at the minute is Perth for a while then move east and travel up I'm the same though I'm dreading travelling alone n would love to have a wee group going over...when are ya planning on heading??

I was gonna go to Sydney first, travel the east coast and then go to Perth to get a job there. I haven't any definite plans yet either tho. I plan on going the first week of September. Wbu?

Molmac1 wrote: »

I was gonna go to Sydney first, travel the east coast and then go to Perth to get a job there. I haven't any definite plans yet either tho. I plan on going the first week of September. Wbu?

A I'm still totally confused on which way to go first!...same first or second week in September hopefully if I have enough together hoping to get 5000 to make it less stressfull on the pocket over there!!..
    Are you hoping to stay in hostels for quite a while or get a house??

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭robgti

hi all I'm a 26 lad , I was thinking of taking this feat of my tod but im currently clearing some ends before I go for my visa ect but around start of aug (it's not set in stone) I'm heading to perth were I have family I never met and one of them work in the mines so I'm trying to secure a job there before I do, get the foot in the door as to speak, I'm a carpenter so i should get work handy, but was talking to afew few friends over here, all tied down and most working so they have no need to travel, they were saying it would be good if I had someone to go with, just someone i could chat to ect not saying I won't make friends and what not, just a buddy, so I tought I pop a comment on this.. I'm doing a lot running around for it this week, waiting to here from my cuz since he's in the mines I'm talking to a middle man another unknown family member :P to get this right so if anyone is looking for something dif and wants to head the mines, hit me up I could use a friendly face during it all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karen90

i'm female 22 heading 2 brisbane the 11th of sept and hate d taughts of flying alone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Karrie_

Hey I plan on goin to australia in august or sept depends how d saving goes!!..Im female 26.. I was jus wonderin if anyone else was plannin on goin rnd this time.. I av woted to go for yrs suppose to go wit bf but we broke up so its now or eva!!!.. Really excited bout goin jus nervous goin on my own wud luv a travel buddy to fly ova wit!!. No plans yet so open to suggests!!.
    Thanks..

Hiya,
    I'm heading to Oz & would love a travel buddy! I'm female, 28 & I'm thinking of going around sept ...was planning on heading over with a friend but she backed out so i'm going on my own as if i don't go now i never will! ...can't wait to go but i've no real plans yet but thinking maybe Sydney or Melbourne....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m_89

Hey! I'm travelling by myself Tuesday 18th Sept! Flying from Cork -> Heathrow -> Kuala Lumpur-> Brisbane. Anyone else heading this direction? I'm only staying in Brisbane for a week or 2, to visit a friend who's there and then heading down to melbourne afters! Total mix of nerves and excitement...dunno how i'm gonna last these next couple of months!
    Applied for my visa wednesday night @ 7pm and got approved by 10pm that night....ekkkk:eek:! No going back now :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karen90

i'm going the same way only dublin-heathrow-kuala lumpur-brisbane,i fly out on tuesday the 11th of sept same just heading over 2 a few mates in brisbane....flying alone so quite nervous:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 m_89

Malaysia Airlines? Ya i'm the same...i'm ok with flying i think it's more making such a big move alone etc! Are you staying in brisbane or have you any plans to head somewhere else? Are you setting up your bank a/c and TFN on this side or waiting till you get over there?
    I only decided end of last week so trying to find out as much as i can at the mo! It's very nerve wracking but the one thing i keep saying over in my head is that at least there are a few people i know in the country that if i find things very difficult i can get in touch with! Beats staying here anyways!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jimd2012

robgti wrote: »
    hi all I'm a 26 lad , I was thinking of taking this feat of my tod but im currently clearing some ends before I go for my visa ect but around start of aug (it's not set in stone) I'm heading to perth were I have family I never met and one of them work in the mines so I'm trying to secure a job there before I do, get the foot in the door as to speak, I'm a carpenter so i should get work handy, but was talking to afew few friends over here, all tied down and most working so they have no need to travel, they were saying it would be good if I had someone to go with, just someone i could chat to ect not saying I won't make friends and what not, just a buddy, so I tought I pop a comment on this.. I'm doing a lot running around for it this week, waiting to here from my cuz since he's in the mines I'm talking to a middle man another unknown family member :P to get this right so if anyone is looking for something dif and wants to head the mines, hit me up I could use a friendly face during it all ;)
    hey rob,just wondering have u gone to oz yet??planning on heading to perth too in the next month or two,have visa and everything sorted,but stil havent booked a flight as would rather a travel buddy for the flight over as dreading the taughts of flying alone...anyway get back to me if your not gone yet if ya want..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oprahnmantra

Hey all, makes me feel a bit better seeing how many people are heading over solo, im flying pretty soon July 10 trying to get the last bits sorted but im lost now, have visa flights will get bank ac and that over there, only think ive to sort out my insurance, and photocopy my Docs. does anyone know are the hostels set up to keep your valuables safe or should I have my passport with me at all times? or any other tips for travelling alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Hey all, makes me feel a bit better seeing how many people are heading over solo, im flying pretty soon July 10 trying to get the last bits sorted but im lost now, have visa flights will get bank ac and that over there, only think ive to sort out my insurance, and photocopy my Docs. does anyone know are the hostels set up to keep your valuables safe or should I have my passport with me at all times? or any other tips for travelling alone?

Snap. Im flying alone 9th july. Nerves setting in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jtmk3

Hi Guys,
    Great to hear so many travelling to Australia on there own. I heading over there to Perth first in March 2013. I'm going to Thialand first then Cambodia, Vietnam and then on to Australia. Cant wait for it, know a good few people over there but all my friends are either abroad or no into going have good jobs etc. Just wondering how the job situation is in Perth, I not fussy about what I do at all as long as there is some work, don't want to have to come home early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tievebaun4

Karrie_ wrote: »
    Hiya,
    I'm heading to Oz & would love a travel buddy! I'm female, 28 & I'm thinking of going around sept ...was planning on heading over with a friend but she backed out so i'm going on my own as if i don't go now i never will! ...can't wait to go but i've no real plans yet but thinking maybe Sydney or Melbourne....

Im heading to Oz in september and in a similar situation with friends backing out... Still want to do it though. Im female, 26. Hoping to go to Melbourne, have been before and its a lovely city... Nervous about going alone, be nice to have somebody to travel with/meet on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey,

Male, 26 here. My plan is to travel to Perth in October / November ( veering more towards November. ) I too, like countless others, will be travelling on my own. I know a few people out there already but I'm open to meeting new people and comforting any nervous wrecks! :pac:

Seriously though, when I have a solid date, I'll post here. I'll also be going from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 irishchick29

Hi anyone flying around 7th sept I'm flying from cork to Brisbane only own excited and nervous!!!: )

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

Hello there,

23 year old, male, just finished my degree from Maynooth.

I've been putting a lot of thought into making the move, but haven't made any solid decisions yet. I still have to book a visa.

I'm hoping to go to Melbourne, I hear its a good place, plenty of sports, a nice city and decent people. I have a friend there too on a WHV and already has a decent job in a field relating to our course.

I hope to go in November, I think that should be enough time to save up the €4000 recommended.

So far I've no plans for traveling around Australia, mainly because I don't know the land. However if I meet people who want to make a journey around the place, I'm all up for it.

Let me know if you're interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 bluecats

tievebaun4 wrote: »
    Im heading to Oz in september and in a similar situation with friends backing out... Still want to do it though. Im female, 26. Hoping to go to Melbourne, have been before and its a lovely city... Nervous about going alone, be nice to have somebody to travel with/meet on arrival.

Hi there,
    Myself and my friend are travelling to Melbourne around Mid Sept - we haven't booked the flights yet but we'll be doing it shortly, we're female & both of us are 28 - we're thinking about doing a stop over in Thailand on the way depending on the flights etc.

Advertisement