Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

San Pellegrino Orange or Lemon soda (18 / 20% fruit juice) 6 packs of 33cl cans for 3Euro (Lucan, Celbridge and Maynooth have them- probably elsewhere too)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

brian888 wrote: »
    Rolson Multi Tool & Pen Torch for €1.60 ! I bought mine at Tesco in Prussia Street,Dublin 7. This type of pen knife normally sells for around €20 + I found it next to the BBQ aisle. Selling out pretty quick so go get one !

Went into the Cavan store and asked for these but the guy behind the counter said the manager had cleared the shelf and the stock was to sent to another store. This has happened before in the Cavan store and when I asked why, the guy told me because it was a smaller store and they needed the "end of aisle" for other offers....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

10 cans Beck's Vier, €5.00 in Tesco Rathfarnham today. Guessing a mis-price, but at €0.50 a can, serious bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

juke wrote: »
    10 cans Beck's Vier, €5.00 in Tesco Rathfarnham today. Guessing a mis-price, but at €0.50 a can, serious bargain
    I think they might be coming near the BB date (not that that worries me, but not a misprice). I got them a while ago, they are UK market 440ml 4% cans, so probably a much cheaper wholesale price, nicer than I expected. EDIT: stupid me -I was thinking of stella 4%, though it could still be the same/similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

rubadub wrote: »
    I think they might be coming near the BB date (not that that worries me, but not a misprice). I got them a while ago, they are UK market 440ml 4% cans, so probably a much cheaper wholesale price, nicer than I expected. EDIT: stupid me -I was thinking of stella 4%, though it could still be the same/similar situation.

Just checked - June 12....like you, though, best before doesn't worry me - and with an outdoor BBQ style wedding next weekend, they won't last too long either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Lots of Tesco stores have been running this offer for a while. Very good bargain IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

All Tesco stores are now selling lots of lovely summer flowers/plants.All Irish grown too,which is a good thing.;):)

Large Oxide Daisy plants and also Salvias for the garden for 6 euro a pot.

Lovely summer flowering plants indeed,just bought a heap of them for the garden.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

muincav wrote: »
    Went into the Cavan store and asked for these but the guy behind the counter said the manager had cleared the shelf and the stock was to sent to another store. This has happened before in the Cavan store and when I asked why, the guy told me because it was a smaller store and they needed the "end of aisle" for other offers....:mad:

They did the same in Cabra after Christmas sent all their reduced Christmas stock to Clearwater!! You would be hard pushed to get a bargain in Cabra (have I said this before!!!) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

et101 wrote: »
    They did the same in Cabra after Christmas sent all their reduced Christmas stock to Clearwater!! You would be hard pushed to get a bargain in Cabra (have I said this before!!!) :(

Given up on Cabra, crap store, gone back to Clearwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Ronson tools in Artane, picked up some earlier on for 1.64 each or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Just checked - June 12....like you, though, best before doesn't worry me - and with an outdoor BBQ style wedding next weekend, they won't last too long either :)

The 12x275ml bottles of Becks Vier are also going for a fiver, picked up a few crates in Dundrum. The expiry is March 13 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bottles of Faustino IV for €10 and Faustino V for €15 in Tesco Santry

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

robk24 wrote: »
    Bulmers 24 can slabs are not included, in Naas anyway.
    Bulmers not included in Greystones either

Bottles of Faustino IV for €10 and Faustino V for €15 in Tesco Santry
    That's a really good price for the Faustino V! Its by birthday Friday so will pick up a few bottles and the OH won't be able to complain. lol
    Edit: Hopefully UB will put my salary in my account so I can actually pay for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Tesco selling off Pure Siesta Mi clock radios. I saw it in Naas reduced to €35 on Saturday when they had a few left. I was in Maynooth earlier and they had them further reduced to €23.

FM/DAB with 16 presets and dual alarm. It seems to be £45 on Amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭rameire

Thanks for the post above on the dab radio. Hubby came back after reading the post with a Sony dab radio for my 30th as they had no discounted pure radios.
    Also came back with some socks that were 50c a pair.
    They are ex Christmas . Halloween and UK design socks.
    This was tesco ardkeen.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

nudger wrote: »
    Given up on Cabra, crap store, gone back to Clearwater.

Me too only go to Cabra for basics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I recently bought a 10.1 netbook and went to tesco Douglas last night for a case for it.I found a technika 10.2 case on the shelf but there was no price so I scanned it and it scanned at 1 cent.So I finished my shopping and purchased said case for 1cent.It is black with red around the zip and has a extra zipped pouch for mouse or other extras.

I recon it is a mis-price...there might be a chance of this mis price in all stores...just scan the item first to make sure:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tescos have a double pack of pork loins for 5.88 one of these is usually that price.
    Saw it in ashbourne so should be nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tescos have a double pack of pork loins for 5.88 one of these is usually that price.
    Saw it in ashbourne so should be nationwide

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

got a dvd player in tescos for fifty euros - still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Sony DAB/FM portable radio reduced from a crazy €69 to €17

There were 2 left at 10 pm at Mahon Point tonight.

210942.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

dowtchaboy wrote: »

210942.jpg

You will only ever use the FM feature. DAB is limited in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

210942.jpg

Picked one of these up in tesco extra naas mid may http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78668880&postcount=1630
    for €18. Its a great portable radio. Only has 3 presets on FM so the DAB presets are fairly handy for the RTE channels.

What I don't like about some of this sony gear is the "sealed" 3 pin plug socket - no screws etc if wires come loose, and no obvious place to loosen. Anyone have a guide on how to open them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

donnacha wrote: »

210942.jpg

Picked one of these up in tesco extra naas mid may http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78668880&postcount=1630
    for €18. Its a great portable radio. Only has 3 presets on FM so the DAB presets are fairly handy for the RTE channels.

What I don't like about some of this sony gear is the "sealed" 3 pin plug socket - no screws etc if wires come loose, and no obvious place to loosen. Anyone have a guide on how to open them?

Just cut the plug off and put your own one on in that case :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You would want to be absolutely swinging out of the plug for the lead/wires to actually come out of a sealed plug unit.

Sealed plugs have a pull out cap in between the 3 plug prons where the fuse cap sits.

You just pop that out and there is the fuse.

Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale *hic* €1.50 a bottle *hic* fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CombatCow wrote: »
    Just cut the plug off and put your own one on in that case :P

Just a safety warning... The plug unit supplied is a transformer unit supplying 6 volts to the radio.
    Cutting the " plug " off would not be advisable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Tesco Monaghan and perhaps other stores have a slection of carlube motor oil 4l for €12.50, seen 10w40 and 5w30 possibly other all fully syntethic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

[/IMG]

I got mine about about an hour before you. Great bargain at €17.
    I also bought a Tesco own-brand DAB111 radio for €5. This was the
    last one on the shelf.

They both work very well. The cheap Tesco branded one is a little better
    than the Sony at decoding weak signals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement