Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 9 (Twilight Zone)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I had been tearing my hair out over the synopsis I got, but I'm going to stick with it, as heaven knows, a new one could be worse!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oryx wrote: »
    I had been tearing my hair out over the synopsis I got, but I'm going to stick with it, as heaven knows, a new one could be worse!

yeah im a bit clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same here. I have an inkling of an idea though. I'll start fleshing it out at the weekend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You both (dk+bw) got relatively easy ones, believe me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i know mine's easy in a way but hard not to do something too obvious with it

anyway i'll stop :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    i know mine's easy in a way but hard not to do something too obvious with it

anyway i'll stop :pac:

That was the problem I had too. The idea I've settled on still isn't unique, but, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Am I the only one around here who is happy with his synopsis? :D

Antilles wrote: »

go away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Antilles wrote: »

I'm reasonably happy but the 'Mystery Box' is tempting....

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

can i write about my mystery box too? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

I saw that episode. They should never have made it into a film! :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    can i write about my mystery box too? :pac:

Maybe this belongs on Eileen's thread?

You both (dk+bw) got relatively easy ones, believe me.

Out of interest where's mine on the scale of relatively easy to desperately difficult?

It's a mixture of very generic and very specific. You could fit a lot of stories into it by changing names and faces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

I'm glad no-one uses my laptop other than me. My slight bit of (mainly wikipedia) research for this competition is going to make my web history very questionable. That's what happens when you go from link to link and end up in a completely different place!

I'm glad no-one uses my laptop other than me. My slight bit of (mainly wikipedia) research for this competition is going to make my web history very questionable. That's what happens when you go from link to link and end up in a completely different place!
    I thought the very same thing. If I ever end up in trouble and someone checks my search history, Ill get sent down for sure. I didnt even go from link to link, I had to search some pretty dodgy topics!

Story is just about done, though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Stories have to be ready by the 30th?
    If so, I'd like to have a shot if there's any place left. SF is just my thing.

Oryx wrote: »
    Story is just about done, though. :D

pah i havent even started

If you start writing more than an hour before the deadline, it's technically cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

OH MY GOD I HAVE A STORY TO WRITE! I forgot!

*panics*

• Advertisement

i didn't forget but i might start tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

I haven't felt a spark of creativity yet. I may have to make some offerings to the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I'm glad I'm not the only one in the procrastinating-uselessly boat

go me, i had an idea
    no time to write until 30th june though :D

I've got three entries so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 needacchelp

Just remembered this thread and got really excited until I realised we still haven't hit the deadline, so I don't get to read any of them yet...

Oh well, not long to go now anyway!

Pass the time by writing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 needacchelp

Heh, your persuasive arguments have won me over, send on a topic and I'll have something in on saturday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have to pull out. Have had issues finding anything-other-than-work time. Not going to have time to turn on the laptop this side of the weekend and sure as hell won't be writing 2000 words on my phone.

Work life balance? I fail at that game.

• Advertisement

Will the synopsis be given to readers with each story when it is posted for judging?

Advertisement