Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 9 (Twilight Zone)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

I'm going to have to admit defeat here; been writing off-and-on all day, but not going to be able to get it into a shape I'm happy with before the deadline (at the narrative pace I've settled into, it's going on far too long for one thing.) Sorry!

I am enjoying the premise though, so I'll keep working on it and post the results for feedback at some point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hcass wrote: »
    I sent mine in 3 PMs. :eek:

okay i sent mine in two there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Kinski wrote: »
    I'm going to have to admit defeat here; been writing off-and-on all day, but not going to be able to get it into a shape I'm happy with before the deadline (at the narrative pace I've settled into, it's going on far too long for one thing.) Sorry!

I am enjoying the premise though, so I'll keep working on it and post the results for feedback at some point.

You should submit what you have anyway just to see what everyone thinks. Even if it is an unfinished piece.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I did it, I freaking started the story today and got it done. I'm very pleased with myself.

The quality is questionable, but I'm glad I got something down. I haven't written a thing in months and this was a good kick-start.

i seem to have a routine of picking it up again every 6 months :confused:

I bought some books the other day, I'm gonna have to get back in the zone! This is a great start. Looking forward to the other entries and seeing what everyone comes up with.

• Advertisement

yeh, cant wait to read em

hopefully pick will put them up tomorrow so plenty of time for readin

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Arlecchina

I'm manically trying to get mine finished, but I'm not sure if I'll have anything presentable in three hours. It's like pulling teeth at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

You should submit what you have anyway just to see what everyone thinks. Even if it is an unfinished piece.

Knowing what I think is sometimes enough! I'm cringing at some of these sentences at the mo; couldn't put them out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Kinski sent me their template to use but I only logged in and saw it now. Oh well, better luck next time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Submitted. Best of luck peoples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Arlecchina

Ten cups of coffee and much gnashing of teeth later, and I've actually submitted. Phew. That was all totally pulled from the seat of my pants, but I'm so glad I did it.

Well done everyone! I'm really looking forward to reading them all.

Tsch, look at the time, why aren't the entries up yet?! Soooo unprofessional Pickarooney. :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Squeaked mine in.

I was too hungover yesterday to work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Realised at 11.25 that i had only 4 sentences written so whatever grammer mistakes are in it i don't actually care at this stage! That's what i get for playing song pop on fb for 2 hrs instead of writing. (so addictive!) Had a near panic when it wouldn't all fit into one pm and then had to wait 60 secs to send another but think it's all in there!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think I got 14/27 entries. I'll need to double-check later. These should be up Monday afternoon with a bit of luck. I think it's just under the limit for a single round so there will be no heats or play-offs or round-robin paper rock scissors contests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Wow that's a hell of a dropout rate! Anyone who didn't submit should be named and shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamed.

Antilles wrote: »
    Wow that's a hell of a dropout rate! Anyone who didn't submit should be named and shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamed.

First post updated. I wasn't really expecting over ten so it's a decent result. Well, I haven't read any of them yet, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

You got submissions from some very good writers. I'm looking forward to reading this lot! :)

tomorrow! aww, dying to read the others!

You got submissions from some very good writers. I'm looking forward to reading this lot! :)

Cream of the crop ex-winners among those entrants that submitted stories. Should be a good read!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Looking forward to some good reads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Not at all. I'd rather come 14th than 27th

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Not at all. I'd rather come 14th than 27th

I mean, technically the no-shows come last, right? So we'll all be placed in the top half no matter what happens! :D

I mean, technically the no-shows come last, right? So we'll all be placed in the top half no matter what happens! :D

everybody's a winner

http://www.matthaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/partrib.jpg

I'm putting these up now. Please PM me ASAP if there are any issues with the formatting of your story or if it doesn't appear by early afternoon.

looks like them all up now is it

Yeah, just added the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

How many votes can we have?

Just after reading the entries there on my phone (will write a reply and vote later) and they are all of a really high quality, i am seriously impressed by the standard of our forum members! At this rate we'll be able to launch our own short story collection. :P

• Advertisement

Story number 9 was missing the second part. If anyone has read it and found it a bit cliffhangery please go back and read on!

Advertisement