Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Options
  • 01-06-2012 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

That time of year guys to get the ball rolling. Might as well start by last years GMs posting up the list of teams in their respective leagues last year and highlight the Promotions and Relegations.

From the Charter to remind guys:
    1. Each League will have it's own specific thread that will be started by a Moderator at the start of July each year.

2. As well as this there will be a 'Sign Up' thread opened at the same time each year so that those who didn't participate the previous season have a chance to play in the coming season. All new players MUST register their interest no later than July 31st each year in order to be considered for a position in a league this year.

3. Each Gameweek will also have it's own thread that will be used for all divisions. This will be for general queries such as: “Who should I start this week; Garcon @ Oakland or Rice @ Cleveland?

4. Any players who go inactive for more than 3 weeks during the season will be disqualified from entering for the next season. (Within reason, if someone goes on holiday for three weeks that's fine as long as they mention it before they do.)

5. All League General Managers will have to be re-elected by those in their league for the next year.

6. ALL Boards League drafts MUST be held between the end of the final pre-season game and the Thursday night season opener.

7. ALL Boards Leagues MUST play by the same set of League settings to avoid any confusion. League settings will be attached in a seperate post as well as in the opening post of each individual league thread.

8. If a team is abandoned mid-season then the GM of the league will take control of that team. They will select the team each week purely going by NFL.com's 'Projected Points'. That team will not be allowed to take part in any trades, pick anyone up off waivers or drop players.

9. Promotion and relegation will take place via a '4 up 4 down' system. The 4 teams that make the semi's of the playoffs in a League will be promoted to the league above the next season. If there is inactive players in whichever division (say 2 for example) then they are removed from the league and only 2 are relegated to lower division, The four promoted then will keep that division at 16. As for the division below as only 2 are coming down and four going up there leaves a shortfall of two. This can be fixed by only relegating 2 from that division and along with the four promoted teams will keep that division at 16. This goes on all the way to the bottom division.

10. Anyone who sets out to deliberately mess up a league by signing up and dropping all their players after drafting or offering very obviously one sided trades to make another team too strong will be banned from both the Fantasy Football Forum and the American Football forum as a whole permanently.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

21742003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Boards.ie Division 3
    Screen_Shot_2012_06_01_at_15_47_50.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Division 1 Final Standings
    boardsdiv1final2011.jpg

Boards usernames: Dodge (Inchicore Warriors), Itssoeasy (Cork Eagles), Spongey1975 (Spawn of Spongey), Orizio (The Ironsides), Icepickle (Muppeteers), Fisgon (Stompers), D3PO (Dublin Blades), Oatesy23 (Packer Whackers), Sports fan (Lucan Liverbirds), Raddo (Dolfans), Raoul (Dundalk Oriels), Dr. Slurm (Super Best Friends), Trippie (Mehtastic), Frisbee (The Wildcats), Donkeypokertour (New York Rebels), Bobo The Clown (Bobo's Clowns)

Bobo The Clown was inactive for most of last season so will be dropped from the league altogether

Oh yeah and when the participants for Div 1 are finalised they will need a new GM too :D

Who were the GMs of the other leagues last year?

CoachTO wrote: »
    Who were the GMs of the other leagues last year?

Just had a quick scan over the threads for Div 2, 4 & 5 and possibilities for GMs are Malachyscott (Div 2), Johnmcdnl (Div 4) and Johnny Fontane (Div 5). If they are not the GMs they will definitely be able to point out who was GM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Well seeing as I followed up my stellar Premier League title win with relegation the following season, I don't mind being GM for Division 1 if no one else wants to (put me down as a reserve GM, if anyone else wants to volunteer go ahead).

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Is this the sign-up thread or will a separate one be opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

If Johnny Fontane doesn't want to be GM this year I'd like to put myself forward for division 5 GM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

lads where did ye get the image of last years standings ? I can't find last years standings to save my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

So what are promotion/relegation rules ?

• Advertisement

lads where did ye get the image of last years standings ? I can't find last years standings to save my life.

In the league tab there is an option for history and there you'll find the rankings

So what are promotion/relegation rules ?

Its basically top 4 go up and bottom 4 go down. It gets complicated when some players dont come back. In that case if we lose a player we just relegate one less player from that division

34ngv82.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Division 4 has not been reactivated - and there was the issue of the final week/playoff mixup to iron out also.

Great to have Fantasy to look forward to again - 98 days to the NFL kickoff?

Is it too early/correct thread to propose we have a TE/WR flex this year?

Lads I asked Frostie to move this thread out here temporarily to make sure guys notice it. Frostie agreed and it will stay here for a short while just make sure you keep an eye on the Fantasy section for when this thread gets moved back.

The aim of this thread is to sort out the logistics of the leagues again and get them organised in good time for the new season.

At the moment I am still GM. If anyone wants to step up and give it a go let me and I will pass it on to you. If we get no takers I am quite happy to do it again.

UCD AFC wrote: »
    Is this the sign-up thread or will a separate one be opened?

This tread will most likely be used to guage interest to fill spots or add new spots or divisions if needs be. Handy to keep it all in one thread at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Really looking forward to getting involved this year. You guys have a great set-up :)

I got promoted to D1 for this season so we need someone to take over as GM of div2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Put me down as interested in joining the lowest league if there's a spot please, didn't play FF on here last year

• Advertisement

Regarding inactives only one person from my divison last year deserves to be booted, username = jackc94.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Interested in taking part next year guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I'd be interested too.

Which website do you use?

Looking for a good website to use with my own mates this year too....

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

WilcoOut was G.M. of Division 4 last year.

Don't know if he still posts around here, haven't seen him around in a while.

I'll throw my name into the hat if a G.M. is needed for any division.

barbarians wrote: »
    WilcoOut was G.M. of Division 4 last year.

Don't know if he still posts around here, haven't seen him around in a while.

I'll throw my name into the hat if a G.M. is needed for any division.

AFAIK you can send the GM a request to activate the league through NFL.com (he'll get an email reminder from NFL.com). If you or someone from Divs 4 and 5 can do that maybe we can get the final rankings for both divisions

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

AFAIK you can send the GM a request to activate the league through NFL.com (he'll get an email reminder from NFL.com). If you or someone from Divs 4 and 5 can do that maybe we can get the final rankings for both divisions

Just sent Johnny the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

is this open to newbies????

swoody wrote: »

Yeah mate, I was told to make my interest known in this thread from someone over in the fantasy section

swoody wrote: »

Yup once we sort out the New Gms and then the promotions and relegations we will then fill spots from players who got kicked or left and if enough interest we will add Div 6. The more the merrier.

• Advertisement

CoachTO wrote: »
    Yup once we sort out the New Gms and then the promotions and relegations we will then fill spots from players who got kicked or left and if enough interest we will add Div 6. The more the merrier.

Wow 6 divisions...that would be 96 players, that's mighty impressive:eek:

Advertisement