Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Might it be a good idea to promote the spaces in division 7 in the fantasy sports forum arena ? If theres still space available of course. The guys there usually play fantasy EPL and put in good effort to leagues so they'd be good to have around and it would hopefully promote fantasy football even more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Might it be a good idea to promote the spaces in division 7 in the fantasy sports forum arena ? If theres still space available of course. The guys there usually play fantasy EPL and put in good effort to leagues so they'd be good to have around and it would hopefully promote fantasy football even more :)

Thats good thinking that should fill up the remaining spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

With 3 weeks or so to go , I'm sure Div 7 will get the 12 it needs to have a competitive league. I think there was a flood of applicants towards start of the season.

Would people who were genuinely interested in actively participating not be making their way over here naturally?

poldebruin wrote: »
    With 3 weeks or so to go , I'm sure Div 7 will get the 12 it needs to have a competitive league. I think there was a flood of applicants towards start of the season.

Would people who were genuinely interested in actively participating not be making their way over here naturally?

Be surprised how many American Football fans on Boards dont come near this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

CoachTO wrote: »
    Be surprised how many American Football fans on Boards dont come near this forum.

True, I had almost forgotten about it myself. Recruit away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I go on holidays and when I come back I've been promoted :) must go away more often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

signed up

but gettin booted

where am i headin!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Joined the mock draft, but why is there a W/R flex?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Need another 5 teams to have a draft I think.

I could invite a few from another website if people want to draft tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Ok have that changed, its the default roster positions on NFL.com and i never even thought of it

Looks to be 4 spots left, cant draft without it being filled

• Advertisement

I have a second NFL account, if we're stuck for numbers near the end I can fill a space

I have a second NFL account, if we're stuck for numbers near the end I can fill a space

Same

Cos the league wasnt full half an hour before the draft the league automatically postpones the draft. I've reset it til 10pm tonight so people have an hour to fill the league

I just signed up my 2nd account. If during the next few weeks this fills up and somebody wants a space, I'll either withdraw the 2nd team or Spongey can kick them (Team Name = If They Go For This).

One team left to fill the mock league before 9.30 please

Would also help going forward for kicking purposes who Aaron Todgers, 4th and forever and Peyton Mannings shoulder are?

Peyton Mannings shoulder are?

My burn team

<- Aaron Todgers

I know, I'm a child.

<- Aaron Todgers

I know, I'm a child.

Actually suspected that one given your affinity with QBs :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm 4thandforever

Took the last place with a second account just to ensure it goes ahead. Post here if you want in and I'll leave the league.

Team name is bootifneeded

• Advertisement

Excellent stuff. At least we can draft tonight.

Dont know how often people want to do these drafts but i'll reset them for every weekday evening at 9pm.

There are 4 burn teams there so the next people interested will get those spots and then i'll kick people in rotation. If i kick you and you want back in just PM me and i'll kick someone else.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Took the last place with a second account just to ensure it goes ahead. Post here if you want in and I'll leave the league.

Team name is bootifneeded

Invited a mate to use my second account so one extra human in the draft too

How did people get on, I thought it was good to get a first draft in, drafted at 3 overall and went QB first and thought it worked out ok.

Aaron Rodgers
    Steven Jackson
    Adrian Peterson
    Steve Johnson
    Antonio Gates
    Toby Gerhart
    Darrius Heyward-Bey
    Santana Moss
    Peyton Hillis
    Ryan Williams
    Randy Moss
    Steve Breaston
    Dexter McCluster
    Denver Broncos
    Robbie Gould

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Good team, WR could be hit or miss though. As someone else said, smart move picking up Gerhart to compliment AP.

Any thoughts :

QB: Newton - Luck
    RB: Sproles - Richardson - Blount - Alex Green
    WR: Lloyd - Wayne - Doug Baldwin - Amendola - Gaffney
    TE: Vernon Davis - Rudolph
    D: Falcons
    K: Hanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mike Vick

Ryan Williams (Chargers, not Cards)
    Jamaal Charles

Anquan Boldin
    Vincent Jackson
    Kendall Wright

Jason Witten

Carson Palmer
    Rashaad Jennings
    CJ Spiller
    Nate Burleson
    Jacoby Ford
    Jermaine Gresham

Alex Henery

Houston D

Average team, like my RB, not happy with WR

Thought Gresham was a steal in 13! I love this guy, over 500 yd and 6 TDs last year, he'll be more then fine as backup and spot starter

Saw my man Carson Palmer taking abuse in the comments, he was a top 10 fantasy QB for the final weeks of the year. Don't have stats in front of me, may have been last 6.
    Yeah he had a shocking return but all that improved and is over.

I like CJ Spiller on my bench, Bills use him on lots of different packages, not necessarily as RB

Missed out on Ryan Williams Cardinals RB who I like a lot, I see adrian snagged him

nice team, probably banking on Richardson a bit.

Nice receivers. Not sure about Davis though, he blocks a lot and didn't really put up huge numbers last year until the playoffs. What pick was he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

What round do ye reckon Luck will be going in?

Mike .. Yeah I think ryan williams(ARI) can be good this year and I agree on palmer, good pickup at that stage.

• Advertisement

nice team, probably banking on Richardson a bit.

Nice receivers. Not sure about Davis though, he blocks a lot and didn't really put up huge numbers last year until the playoffs. What pick was he?

Not quite sure, think he was at least 7 or 8th?
    What round do ye reckon Luck will be going in?

I picked him up 10th or so.

Not quite sure, think he was at least 7 or 8th?

I picked him up 10th or so.

That's what I was thinking, really trying to draw up my drafting/roster plan

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

Hiya lads. I'm Adrians mate who stepped in. Think I rubbed a couple of you up the wrong way but never mind. I'm a bit of an anorak with regards to the NFL so was trying to offer help. Take part in a load of leagues. If I draft with you lads again I'll keep my trap shut.

Draft went well for me I felt (other than pissing everyone off :D ). Ended up with:

QB: Flacco, Fitzpatrick
    RB: Rice, Lynch, Smith, Goodson
    WR: Nicks, Meachem, Brown, Baldwin, Johnson, Hill
    TE: Pettigrew
    K: Zuerlein
    DST: Cardinals

I like Flacco a lot as a QB but took him a little earlier than I'd have liked. RBs aren't great but I've got 2 feature backs and guys who should see ok time backing them up. My WRs are my strength. Nicks will have a monster year IMO, Meachem should be the WR1 in San Diego, Antonio Brown should benefit from Mike Wallace holding out, Jon Baldwin is a breakout candidate (especially with Dwayne Bowe missing camp) and Chad Johnson is a shot to nothing as is Stephen Hill. Rest are solid pickups.

Picking smack bang in the middle at number 8.

6. Jay Cutler (CHI)
    13. David Garrard (MIA)

1. Chris Johnson (TEN)
    4. Stevan Ridley (NE)
    7. Michael Bush (CHI)
    8. David Wilson (NYG)

2. Brandon Marshall (CHI)
    3. Jordy Nelson (GB)
    5. Denarius Moore (OAK)
    10. Jerome Simpson (MIN)
    11. Randall Cobb (GB)

9. Jared Cook (TEN)
    12. Dwayne Allen (IND)

14. Cincinnati Defence

15. Ryan Lindell (BUF)

Would have been happy enough with that for the real thing. Still a believer in the age old drafting of defence and kickers last :o
    Think I rubbed a couple of you up the wrong way but never mind. I'm a bit of an anorak with regards to the NFL so was trying to offer help. Take part in a load of leagues. If I draft with you lads again I'll keep my trap shut.

Was only messing with you mate (Aaron Todgers), welcome to Boards. Feel free to sign up for one of our leagues here, the more the merrier!

PacFish wrote: »
    Hiya lads. I'm Adrians mate who stepped in. Think I rubbed a couple of you up the wrong way but never mind. I'm a bit of an anorak with regards to the NFL so was trying to offer help. Take part in a load of leagues. If I draft with you lads again I'll keep my trap shut.

Wouldn't worry about it. The banter on the chat is what makes those drafts fun at times.

Really liking that team JaMarcus. Can see the Bears having a good season so Cutler should put up some decent numbers for a QB picked that late. You've a lot of depth at each position - Cobb with the 11th pick is a nice one too given he's only going to put up bigger numbers from here on.

It's alright man, only thing was that the 'git' who picked was on autodraft! Welcome to the boards btw.

• Advertisement

No worries then lads. I know I ramble on a bit when it comes to the NFL. I know nothing useful in life but I can tell you who's the 3rd string tackle is for most NFL teams :lol:

Before Berty outs me I better tell you all I'm actually English (cue mountains of abuse) so not sure if I'd be eligible for your leagues!

Nice team jmr, what do you think about Ridley this year?

Really liking that team JaMarcus. Can see the Bears having a good season so Cutler should put up some decent numbers for a QB picked that late. You've a lot of depth at each position - Cobb with the 11th pick is a nice one too given he's only going to put up bigger numbers from here on.

It's alright man, only thing was that the 'git' who picked was on autodraft! Welcome to the boards btw.

I have found that later round QB's are better value well outside the elite 3 QBs in the league at the time. Especially when you could draft a WR or RB as both position's can be very thin once you go past round 4

PacFish wrote: »
    No worries then lads. I know I ramble on a bit when it comes to the NFL. I know nothing useful in life but I can tell you who's the 3rd string tackle is for most NFL teams :lol:

Before Berty outs me I better tell you all I'm actually English (cue mountains of abuse) so not sure if I'd be eligible for your leagues!
    Berty doesn't really post on here..Welcome to join the fantasy league if you like..You'll be in division 7 though.

Stay out of the madden league tho:-)

Berty doesn't really post on here..Welcome to join the fantasy league if you like..You'll be in division 7 though.

Stay out of the madden league tho:-)

Division 7 just means 6 consecutive promotions :D If theres a spot I'd happily take it

Theres a Madden league you say.... :p

• Advertisement

Nice team jmr, what do you think about Ridley this year?

Think he has a good chance. He was very impressive last year - 5 yards per carry in a rookie season is nothing to be sniffed at, and by all accounts has been one of the most impressive players at Pats training camp this year. Has nailed down the starting position and of course there's no Lawfirm to contend with this year (the fact that Addai was cut so early also bodes well).

Even though the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Josh McDaniels being home is how potent the passing attack could be, that would obviously mean more carries for Ridley if the Pats are to be running down the clock in the 4th quarter (we had the 9th most RB carries in the league back in 2007 in Brady's 50 TD season, and 6th most the season before).

****e I dunno how I managed to forget about this seeing as I only signed up a few hours ago ! Had a look at the team that was autopicked for me and it's okay I guess !

Been listening to a few fantasy podcasts today and don't think I;m going to draft a Kicker of defense at all. Best off to play the matchups each week IMO :)

What are peoples thoughts regarding MJD btw ? He's still not in contract and is surely slipping down draft boards with every day he misses. Obviously still an excellent player but missing training camp could have bad effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Sign me up for tomorrow's mock draft. Have to say after picking Charles last year I want to play it safe with a QB, but if I'm late first round I could go TE, big difference between the best and the rest there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I missed last years draft and tonights one as well. This is my second year playing and I've never actually taken part in a draft of any kind. If there is a space in one next week sometime I'd like to give it a shot I suppose.

I won't be around at the weekend. I lead a very busy life :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Didn't get the time to post here last night, but seeing as almost everyone (who was active anyway) has already posted their teams here's my one for anybody who's interested. Had the second pick.

QB - Rivers, Flynn
    RB - Foster, Reggie Bush, Leshore, Moreno
    WR - Manningham, Torrey Smith, Blackmon, Collie, Jeffrey
    TE - Fred Davis, Moeaki
    K - Succop
    DEF - Cowboys

Wasnt paying too much attention to last nights draft and ended up from the 16th pick with

QB - RG3, Kolb
    RB - Forte, Fred Jackson, Mendenhall & Taiwan Jones
    WR - Austin, Britt, Little, Washington, Michael Floyd & Laurent Robinson
    TE - Graham
    K - Barth
    DEF - Eagles

Have the draft reset to tonight at 9pm (gonna reset it for every night to give everyone a chance at it. If anyone wants in send me a PM

Spongey, i think Graham is a great pick, top of the second, mendenhall and Britt are risky picks though. The rest of it is pretty good though.

Lionbacker...like that team, a lot of receivers who could work out very well, and foster should be great this year too.

Okay I should make it tonight !

I'll drop my second team if anyone wants to draft tonight..Just let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'll drop my second team if anyone wants to draft tonight..Just let me know.

I would like to draft tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement