Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭clare ny

hi all,
    would love to join the fantasy football this year if possible ..
    not on this site alot in the off-season but really enjoy the banter on the forums at game time.. roll on september...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

clare ny wrote: »
    hi all,
    would love to join the fantasy football this year if possible ..
    not on this site alot in the off-season but really enjoy the banter on the forums at game time.. roll on september...

Hi Clare, make sure to keep an eye on this thread if you want to get involved, we will be sorting the leagues out very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭clare ny

will do , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

So what are the final standings for last yrs Div 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

persie11 wrote: »
    So what are the final standings for last yrs Div 4?

Check here for the final div 4 standings (its my spreadsheet on the makeup of this years divisions assuming all come back to play). I got them from the Division 4 thread last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Is there a standardized rules structure in each division...

What I mean is the team & league layout the same throughout the entire structure? Also is the scoring the same, or is the scoring determined by the GM of each division?

Is there a standardized rules structure in each division...

What I mean is the team & league layout the same throughout the entire structure? Also is the scoring the same, or is the scoring determined by the GM of each division?

Yep, same rules for all divisions which are mainly
    - NFL.com standard scoring
    - 9 starters (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, PK, DEF) and 5 man bench
    - Waivers, pick and back to the end of the queue
    - 6 team playoff run over wks 14, 15 & 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Yep, same rules for all divisions which are mainly
    - NFL.com standard scoring
    - 9 starters (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, PK, DEF) and 5 man bench
    - Waivers, pick and back to the end of the queue
    - 6 team playoff run over wks 14, 15 & 16

Sweet, with the draft is that decided or voted upon?

Sweet, with the draft is that decided or voted upon?

The drafts normally take place the week before the regular season starts, its up to each divisions GM to get the best time that suits most of the participants (usually by poll). Unfortunately no time will suit all 16 competitors. The draft order is completely random and not known until half hour before draft

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Have GMs been in contact with their leagues regarding availability? I contacted the division 2 lads a few days ago and response has been good. Only waiting on 3 replies and all replies so far have been people looking forward to another great season of FF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Have GMs been in contact with their leagues regarding availability? I contacted the division 2 lads a few days ago and response has been good. Only waiting on 3 replies and all replies so far have been people looking forward to another great season of FF.

Im away with no internet connection so it will be another few days before i get around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭decies

I would be interested in playing thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll be playing again this year. Thanks Spongey for the PM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Also could people just have another quick look over the charter/rules thread in the Fantasy subforum. I think we had a set of rules that everyone was happy with pretty much laid down but if anyone has anything they would like to talk about having added/removed nows the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Guys I will be back online properly on Wednesday and will pm everyone then. Those Relegated guys you will also be removed and promoted guys send me a pm if you can and I will send you the entry details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thanks for the reminder Spongey, Looking forwarded to relegation this year. Won Prem 3 years ago, then relegated, won 1st division last year. So I'm due ;)

Once again, big thanks to all the GMs and admin. Serious amount of work done by all

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hells Kitchen

Hey guys, i'd love to play FF this year. Be great if ye could stick me in the lowest league. I'm still really learning the game but i'm guessing this is a real fun way of learning players and the game in general. Cheers.

boardsffconfirmed201224.jpg

This is the current state of play with people confirming their participation. Anyone in green has posted on this forum and as such i assume are playing this year. If i've missed anyone let me know and i'll update accordingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Lads what's the story with Division 4 ?

The league hasn't been re-activated at all since fantasy football went live again and the G.M. (WilcoOut) has neither posted here about his interest in taking part again this year or made any contact (to me anyway) as to what is happening with Division 4.

He was active yesterday so maybe he isn't interested in F.F. this year or just hasn't seen this thread but things need to start moving for Div. 4.

barbarians wrote: »
    Lads what's the story with Division 4 ?

The league hasn't been re-activated at all since fantasy football went live again and the G.M. (WilcoOut) has neither posted here about his interest in taking part again this year or made any contact (to me anyway) as to what is happening with Division 4.

He was active yesterday so maybe he isn't interested in F.F. this year or just hasn't seen this thread but things need to start moving for Div. 4.

I dont think there is anything to worry about here, a new league can be set up on NFL.com for division 4 if the current one is not reactivated

Maybe if you want to PM the division 4 players from last year as a reminder if WilcoOut is not around to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

In again for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Despite being shafted in Div 4 last year, I will indeed be returning to try and secure back to back promotions! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Frisbee wrote: »
    Also could people just have another quick look over the charter/rules thread in the Fantasy subforum. I think we had a set of rules that everyone was happy with pretty much laid down but if anyone has anything they would like to talk about having added/removed nows the time...

Was reading this article today and it made me think - what happens in the event of a draw in the playoffs in our league?? have we any provision for it or is there even anything we can do about the setting... There was a regular season game that ended in a draw in Division 4 last year so no reason why it couldn't happen in the playoffs. ESPN leagues default is to give it to the higher seeded team which seems a bit unfair but I suppose there has to be some way to split a tie... Is the NFL fantasy the same does anyone know?

Probably not going to happen very often but I'd feel like I was robbed if I lost a playoff game on a technicality like that

Link to article

On a side note - just sent a PM to everyone in Division 4 asking about playing again this year - except expensivewino... username was't found when sending a message to him so if anyone knows who it is or was there a typo in Spongey1975's post or something let us know

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    On a side note - just sent a PM to everyone in Division 4 asking about playing again this year - except expensivewino... username was't found when sending a message to him so if anyone knows who it is or was there a typo in Spongey1975's post or something let us know

Its a typo, checked back in last years forum and his username was exspensivewino, i had taken his name from a general post about division 4.

As for the tiebreaker issue, there is tiebreaker rules in NFL.com that splits ties by Bench pts first then QB pts and so on. Chances are slim though with fractional scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

I'm back in for div 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

In again this year.. Div 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'll be returning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

I'm in again this year

Advertisement