Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Oh right, I didn't know that happened, not much of a online gamer on pc and havnt ever gotten messages like that on xbox live.pity that happens. I thought guest users were on different servers too. Maybe not. It'll probably get worse when the 'free' guest pass goes live next month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

good thing the general channel is hidden by default :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hmm... I just added a some gems to the kit of my lvl 22 wizard (2 perfect topaz' for intelligence and ruby for damage). Jumped dmg from 200 to about 350.
    Interesting point about gems is that they now have no level requirement and the opportunity cost of using them is whatever gold it takes to have them removed by the jeweler.
    So if at some point you have a radiant star, you could give a lvl 1 character an item with it inserted and become unbelievably powerful from the get go.

It's making act 2 normal a total farce. Still fun instantly killing everyone. Belial will be most enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just completed hell on my monk..cant do inferno because Im not 60 :( guess I have some extra grinding to do before inferno now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Got 60 on my barb tonight after getting to 50 on my witch doctor and re starting. Im on act 3 hell and was struggling a bit on elite packs so playing the action house game at the moment and its so easy to make a profit off it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gbear wrote: »
    Hmm... I just added a some gems to the kit of my lvl 22 wizard (2 perfect topaz' for intelligence and ruby for damage). Jumped dmg from 200 to about 350.
    Interesting point about gems is that they now have no level requirement and the opportunity cost of using them is whatever gold it takes to have them removed by the jeweler.
    So if at some point you have a radiant star, you could give a lvl 1 character an item with it inserted and become unbelievably powerful from the get go.

It's making act 2 normal a total farce. Still fun instantly killing everyone. Belial will be most enjoyable.

You can't do that, because there is higher requirement for socketed items. I had same idea to make levelling gear from high level gems and low level socket items :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You do find a few socketed items in act 1 but they are rare enough. Much more common in act 2.

It still works though, go onto the AH and search for a low level socketed item with "reduced level requirement" on it. power level your alts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

On my L59 Wizard, I ran into 2 packs of elites last night..spawned beside each other.

Fast arcane enchanted spiders & those Fast waller desecrated 'wisp' things. Good thing I wasn't playing hardcore, because it is impossible to survive...regardless of how well geared/skilled you are. Took 3 deaths, but I finally killed them and then proceeded to piss on their graves. They caused my first death. B@stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

On my L59 Wizard, I ran into 2 packs of elites last night..spawned beside each other.

Fast arcane enchanted spiders & those Fast waller desecrated 'wisp' things. Good thing I wasn't playing hardcore, because it is impossible to survive...regardless of how well geared/skilled you are. Took 3 deaths, but I finally killed them and then proceeded to piss on their graves. They caused my first death. B@stards.

I guess if you were playing on hardcore you'd pop invul and leg it, and if those mobs were in your way you'd leave game and relog to get them re-randomised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Auction House has made the game too easy.

After buying a bunch of +Dex gear, my Monk jumped to 400Dps.
    Level 27 now, one shotting most mobs in Act 3 normal...tore through Belial with ease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So I spent almost 5 million on upgrades over the past 2 days for my Monk. I now have 50k HP, 5k armour, 26% block, 35% dodge (almost 50% with FoT rune) and 500-600 in all resists, 16k dps with an attack speed of 2.4 and alot of passives and runes reducing enemy damage. Can tank all normal mobs without taking much damage in Act2 fine and most bosses don't scratch me but champions and elites are still crazy hard. It's looking like 1000+ resists will be needed to properly tank those packs and the gear is just not there for that yet!!

Will probably get Act2 finished tonight though, me and a Wizard friend are slowly pushing through it. Act3 should be fun :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

doing my pink boss run^^

KWy8Kl.jpg

gonna leave d3 for awhile from tomorrow :(

Big Knox wrote: »
    So I spent almost 5 million on upgrades over the past 2 days for my Monk. I now have 50k HP, 5k armour, 26% block, 35% dodge (almost 50% with FoT rune) and 500-600 in all resists, 16k dps with an attack speed of 2.4 and alot of passives and runes reducing enemy damage. Can tank all normal mobs without taking much damage in Act2 fine and most bosses don't scratch me but champions and elites are still crazy hard. It's looking like 1000+ resists will be needed to properly tank those packs and the gear is just not there for that yet!!

Will probably get Act2 finished tonight though, me and a Wizard friend are slowly pushing through it. Act3 should be fun :pac:!

how the feck you came up with 5 mill? lucky on some rares/legendaries?

natalies xbow is going very very cheap now. its a shame i cant just check if its better in offhand then my quilver :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

how the feck you came up with 5 mill? lucky on some rares/legendaries?

natalies xbow is going very very cheap now. its a shame i cant just check if its better in offhand then my quilver :(

Made some of it from Farming but being honest I made the majority out of it through the AH. Buying low and selling high, I spent so much time checking for Monk 1 handed weapons I learned the relevant prices for Rares and the equivalent DPS and someone will always put up weapons under priced but you gotta be fast ;)

Anyone know how much this is in gamestop bricks and mortar at the moment?

DH

139MF unbuffed

19k DPS

23.5k hp

i have good mf now, will need to work on other stas now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much this is in gamestop bricks and mortar at the moment?

€54.99 from what I last saw. If there is one nearby you try Argos, got the last copy in mine for €44.99 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Act 2 is a biiiitch.... finally managed to push through it last nite, stuck at belial atm. Big step up from the other bosses i've found. Spent a good 700-800k on upgrades this morning(The AH is making this game 1000x easier imo).

Sitting on about 38k damage buffed, 19.5k HP. Can get through first 2 phases every 4 or 5 attempts but kept making silly mistakes on the last phase. Should be doable with a little luck tho.

Actually would have been easy mode if they didn't nerf force armor tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

DH

139MF unbuffed

19k DPS

23.5k hp

i have good mf now, will need to work on other stas now :D

Is it really wise sacrificing other stats to obtain MF on your main set of gear?

I find it hard enough to obtain armour that provides vit, dex, speed, crit and resistance without adding MF to the mix aswell >_<

However I do have a set of MF gear I switch to when opening chests/last hits on a boss/gobin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Crafting seems to be utterly useless in this game. Lets make a rare wand for my wizard with 4 magic properties....+20 strength, dex, and melee damage.

Great...

• Advertisement

Is it really wise sacrificing other stats to obtain MF on your main set of gear?

I find it hard enough to obtain armour that provides vit, dex, speed, crit and resistance without adding MF to the mix aswell >_<

However I do have a set of MF gear I switch to when opening chests/last hits on a boss/gobin

well for me as DH there is no point getting more then 20k hp, i will be one shoted anyway, the only thing that keeps me alive is smoke screen. i am mainly farming act1 inferno too. still able to progress too. named bosses in inferno ar way easyer then most random elites. nothing will make you go nerdrage like molten,arcane,vortex pack of mobs when you are ranged ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im only lvl 46 on my bard playing nightmare act 4 and since lvl 30 the loot is a total joke.
    Nothing and i mean nothing useful has dropped,its not even that the gear is bad its the fact lvl 30 gear is dropping for a lvl 46.
    Its been this way since i started nightmare.

Yeah, i've got a set that i use to farm act 1 (Its more than good enough for act 1 with 19k hp, 154% MF and 19k damage). Seems to be the best way to go about it, once you get a decent weapon you can replace certain bits of your gear without too much of a sacrifice.

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah, i've got a set that i use to farm act 1 (Its more than good enough for act 1 with 19k hp, 154% MF and 19k damage). Seems to be the best way to go about it, once you get a decent weapon you can replace certain bits of your gear without too much of a sacrifice.

I am prety Similar. Though if I see elite leaper groups I just restart. Fecking waste of time and gold, when you are ranged glass cannon.

I am prety Similar. Though if I see elite leaper groups I just restart. Fecking waste of time and gold, when you are ranged glass cannon.

Just do the chamber of suffering/butcher run, takes about 20-30 mins, get maybe 8-12 rares, lots of blues and no ****ty packs.

Just do the chamber of suffering/butcher run, takes about 20-30 mins, get maybe 8-12 rares, lots of blues and no ****ty packs.

I have just entered it. I will start clearing tomorrow and see how it goes. I prefer more open spaces as kiiter . Cheers for tip though, I will defenetly try it out, but dunno if I will be doing butcher. It was a pain in a hole on hell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Act 2 is a biiiitch.... finally managed to push through it last nite, stuck at belial atm. Big step up from the other bosses i've found. Spent a good 700-800k on upgrades this morning(The AH is making this game 1000x easier imo).

Sitting on about 38k damage buffed, 19.5k HP. Can get through first 2 phases every 4 or 5 attempts but kept making silly mistakes on the last phase. Should be doable with a little luck tho.

Actually would have been easy mode if they didn't nerf force armor tbh.

what difficultly level were playing when you were fighting belial?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have just entered it. I will start clearing tomorrow and see how it goes. I prefer more open spaces as kiiter . Cheers for tip though, I will defenetly try it out, but dunno if I will be doing butcher. It was a pain in a hole on hell.

Plenty of room to kite. Yes, narrow corridors but they go on forever so its fine.

Also, butcher isn't hard. He only has two moves that trouble. He telegraphs his charge with a red laser type thing so you know its coming and know to move out of the way. The other one is the hook that stuns you while he bashes you. If you pop a diamond skin or just keep moving he will miss.

Only butcher runs that are difficult is if you are playing in a 4 man group and 1 or 2 players are terrible. Lack of dps makes him enrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The only things i bought on the AH was a 550DPS Magic 1h and Magic Mojo. Decent enough gear but im hitting 15k DPS IN my DPS gear. How in the hells are you getting 19k DPS with all the MF and 35k DPS as a Wizard only in Act 2. Are Witch Doctors really as underpowered as everyone says they are, or are Wiz and DH the ultimate DPS machines?

And how is the DPS stat actually calculated?

And whats the story with loot? It feels like im getting loads of awesome stuff for classes other than the class im actually playing. I swear i have got some really awesome DH loot but cant find anything decent with INT on it. Is this a Blizzard ploy to encourage AH use?

Im actually thinking of making a Demon Hunter and level him to 60 and deck him out in all the gear ill be getting on my Witch Doctor. Then ill farm for Witch Doctor gear on my Demon Hunter! Hah! All thats left is a Barbarian for my STR based drops!

• Advertisement

What kind of advice would ye offer a beginner,should i play normal and get as much gold as possible and loot or should I just get through it and wait until i get to nightmare before i start gold farming?
    Also a lot of people are giving out about the auction house,should i just avoid buying things from it and use the loot i pick up?

Advertisement