Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

New Post Here Every Time You Get Something Old?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

this is the retro section of boards after all , we love all last gen stuff , so why should this thread be any different??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

noooooo dont lock this thread!!!!! its literally the only good one ive ever started on boards :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Where will I put all 5 suitcases full of new GETS in July? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    noooooo dont lock this thread!!!!! its literally the only good one ive ever started on boards :(:(:(:(

Start a new one now before the mods notice this, then all they have to do is lock this one?

I don't like change :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

inb4 the lock.

This just got plopped onto my desk... a lovely delivery from Japan. I couldn't find a decent price for the PAL release of Space Channel 5 on Dreamcast (some bloke on Gumtree wanted well over €30 for it, feck that) so I decided to hunt for it in other territories... this cost me a grand total if €6 with shipping included... score.

Anyway:

ycph5.jpg
    39qbZ.jpg

Doesn't have the spine card as you can see but I'm not really bothered about that.

Can't wait to play this little gem again (the iso version has serious lag on background FMV.... so I've heard anyway)... can't be that hard to learn the japanese for 'up, down, left, right, chu...' can it? :P

Achilles wrote: »
    Doesn't have the spine card as you can see but I'm not really bothered about that.

:eek:

I'll have to unthank your post now. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say I have bought the DS game Retrogame Challenge on eBay, 14 all in, not to bad although that is for an unboxed copy.
    I'll let Retr0 or Sera explain why it's so good!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just to say I have bought the DS game Retrogame Challenge on eBay, 14 all in, not to bad although that is for an unboxed copy.
    I'll let Retr0 or Sera explain why it's so good!

I nearly bought a copy last night! The NTSC-J one is too text heavy to enjoy (not that the text will matter to me soon enough with my awesome katakana and hiragana skills taking shape!). Was much text changed in the translation to suit 'western audiences'? :confused:

If not, I'll buy a copy tonight I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »

@Steve_SI: Surprised at how big that TurboExpress is, bigger than the Nomad! :eek: Guess it feels like value for money with the size of it, looks great it does. Is it possible to capture that screen in action in a youtube vid maybe? Is it better played with earphones or what's the speaker like? :)

I'll see what I can do later on. Screens never quite look as they should when recorded but I'll try and keep it as clear as possible. Sound is actually pretty good out of it, but you can hear a slight high pitch sound in the background when playing it on full volume. No issues with the sound when on headphones.

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    :eek:

I'll have to unthank your post now. :o

OOOoooooooooOOOoooooohhhh... someone's touchy. :P

I didn't buy it mint condition or anything... besides it's only a piece of cardboard!

only a piece of cardboard!

heart-attack-3.jpg

A SPINE CARD IS NOT JUST 'A PIECE OF CARDBOARD'!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bunch of snes games arrived today! These 2 are known to give problems on modded consoles

This one works fine

5168lt.jpg

But alas this one doesn't! Which is a pain cause it was pretty expensive!

9bj0c7.jpg

I'm expecting a switch-less snes to arrive any-day and apparently its meant to work on them consoles fine, if I have no joy there its either modding the carts board or buyin a NTSC snes! Kinda wanted one anyway just the postage is a killer in most places

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

^^^^ Some people can be so spineless on this forum. ;)

waveform wrote: »
    ^^^^ Some people can be so spineless on this forum. ;)

Aye, no backbone at all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just to say I have bought the DS game Retrogame Challenge on eBay. I'll let Retr0 or Sera explain why it's so good!
    lifein16bit: Retro Game Challenge

Yeah Super Mario RPG is the most known for NTSC-PAL issues. Personally I'd bite the bullet & order an NTSC Snes rather then messing with the innards of the game.

Also, there are a few switchless mod types, afaik, this game only works with the new Super CIC method...though I could be wrong. Again, not worth doing if you ask me...I'd quicker go the import route for the console itself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah Super Mario RPG is the most known for NTSC-PAL issues. Personally I'd bite the bullet & order an NTSC Snes rather then messing with the innards of the game.

Also, there are a few switchless mod types, afaik, this game only works with the new Super CIC method...though I could be wrong. Again, not worth doing if you ask me...I'd quicker go the import route for the console itself

Do you know if it works with that adapter yoke for PAL Snes's where you plug in a PAL and NTSC game to allow the NTSC to play?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do you know if it works with that adapter yoke for PAL Snes's where you plug in a PAL and NTSC game to allow the NTSC to play?

Nope it won't work. Well there are supposed to be two versions of the game, one that works with the consoles cic chip disabled [ntsc mode] & one that won't work. No way to tell visually though.

Best bet is a universal NTSC console.

heart-attack-3.jpg

A SPINE CARD IS NOT JUST 'A PIECE OF CARDBOARD'!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The spine card is intact on my mint condition copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Edition... hell it's still shrink wrapped.

There, you feel better?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I nearly bought a copy last night! The NTSC-J one is too text heavy to enjoy (not that the text will matter to me soon enough with my awesome katakana and hiragana skills taking shape!). Was much text changed in the translation to suit 'western audiences'? :confused:

If not, I'll buy a copy tonight I think.

The text hasn't changed much at all to be honest and it's really well localised and still has lots of in jokes that only fans of the show would get. The only big annoying change is that in the magazines. The writers pictures were all of the AD's on the GameCenter CX show and were changed to the faces of the localisers. It's localised by XSeed though so you know it's a quality localisation.

Just a shame the second game isn't getting localised. Probably mostly to do with one of the games being a very text heavy adventure game.

There, you feel better?
    No. You need to send the game back and get one with a spine card. Very disappointing behaviour. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Might as well contribute a bit more

This week I've been mostly wasting my money on
    206132.jpg
    206133.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ibtl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

@Pyongers, not sure I posted it before, but I know how much you like you're CIB

7256827268_7ec75b43a3_b.jpg

I've no way of playing it though, I have a Genesis and a Megadrive, need to get a .jp one.

Master of the Universe

That'll play on both your Genesis and your Megadrive right now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Might as well contribute a bit more

This week I've been mostly wasting my money on
    206132.jpg

I demand to know the English name of the cart in the top right!

Is it Merc's or something like that?

I just hope nobody demands I leave the forum for not being able to identify the game! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

Looks like I made it home just in time!

Master of the Universe

I just hope nobody demands I leave the forum for not being able to identify the game! :o

GTFO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

I demand to know the English name of the cart in the top right!

Is it Merc's or something like that?

Yeah its Mercs or Senjo no Okami II

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement