Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I dearly love how Twink is such a consistent feature of this thread.
    Yep,I think she wins hands down followed closely by Kian from Westlife and with honerable mentions for Michael Jordan and Neil Delamare.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dublin80

My Personal experiences
    I met Brian McFadden and Kerry in a local pub a year before they split up. Brian was an absolute dickhead, and Kerry was lovely. we asked for autographs, Brian pushed us away and told us were to go, Kerry ignored him and said 'yes of course love' we got her autograph and a photo with her. Brian was such an 'up his own hole' dickhead.
    Met Van Morrison years ago, what an ignorant rude bas*ard.

Brendan O'carroll is a real funny man, sound bloke.

Met Keith Duffy years back and thought he was up his own hole

Met Bono in temple bar, always thought he was a knob, but we shouted out a window at him 'Hellllllo Bono' and far play to him he looked up, winked and waved at us.

Twink is 'loud', but actually very pleasant to talk to. (unfortunetly people judge her on her personal voicemail that was leaked out to the public)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Jerry The King Lawler - sound. Autographs, photos, chatted.

My friend worked on a set with Anne Hathaway - apparently a complete diva. Maggie Smith took the biscuit though. Got a crew member fired for very little apparently and everyone was scared of her. James McAvoy was on the same set and, according to my mate, he had time for everybody. Spent ages chatting to extras in between takes, which is unusual.
    I was on that set too, and Inside Im dancing, seems like a very sound guy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

dublin80 wrote: »

Met Bono in temple bar, always thought he was a knob, but we shouted out a window at him 'Hellllllo Bono' and far play to him he looked up, winked and waved at us.

Does this count as 'meeting' somebody now, shouting out a window at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dublin80

fullstop wrote: »
    Does this count as 'meeting' somebody now, shouting out a window at them?
    As good as... He looked at me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Bono seems to be sound judging by this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

My mate bumped into Bono in a bar in town, he has the pics on his FB page. Bono all smiles arms around everyone taking pictures. Seems quite a decent bloke . He said he was very approachable and chatty.
    Fair Play Bono

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

My mate bumped into Bono in a bar in town, he has the pics on his FB page. Bono all smiles arms around everyone taking pictures. Seems quite a decent bloke . He said he was very approachable and chatty.
    Fair Play Bono

If I had Bono's money I guarantee you I'd be at least 47.5% more "approachable and chatty". Of course that would still be less approachable and chatty than a particularly pissed off raccoon who's had to wait in a very long queue with a crowd of young D4 students.

And I don't know about "all smiles", I could maybe commit to "some smiles". Maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

foxy06 wrote: »
    Niall Tobin (Irish Comedian)
    Oh I'll second that. In my line of work i meet lots of 'Irish celebs' and that man is the most evil, ignorant cnut on the planet.
    Anna Manahan (RIP!) AKA Forty Coats -Whirly Gog Wich was a femal version of Tobin.
    Paul Brady is a bit of a Prima Donna as is Colin Dunne (River Dance) He wears shade indoors and consequently walks into doors (Funny but a fuk wit!)
    Gemma hayes (Schwing!), David O'Doherty, Tommy Tiernan, Lisa hannigan (Schwing!) and Ronnie Drew - all lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Griff Rhys Jones was the only 'celeb' i've ever met who was rude. He had no time to talk to me. Him, Dara Ó Briain and Rory McGrath were filming "Three men in a boat go to Ireland" and for one part they went into my Father's printing shop and had him talking ****e about posters for the competition thing they were having. I ended up making the posters and so me and my dad were invited along to the competition thing in a pub in Limerick. Went in and their director was great, introduced me to everyone, Rory was especially nice and was just joking around and just chatting to me and my dad. Dara had been off somewhere else when I first came in so my dad asked if I could go talk to him for a bit, sure enough I was introduced and I got a picture with him and got a signature. Griff the whole time didn't say anything and despite my dad buying them drinks he just took his and stayed quiet. Oh well.
    Tommy Tiernan was great, met him after a show he did in UL a few months ago. Got him to sign a poster of Tommy Flemming, on which I had drawn a beard. Asked him if he signed body parts - in retort he said "only my own" the quick witted cnut :P

Fergal Lawler Drummer from Cranberries lives down the road from me, never met him but my parents said hes friendly.

Rubberbandits: (IMO they're celebs) Two nicest guys you could ever meet. They were doing a gig in Dolan's warehouse for LIT rag week so I snook in with the support act to take pictures and stuff, didn't know it was them when they were sound checking because of the lack of masks, but when they were out in the smoking area amongst everyone (without anyone knowing of course) I went over to them with my religion copy from 1st class and asked if they knew anybody who could draw me a picture of 2pac playing charades with an albatross. Mr Blindboy boatclub told me he was my man and did it. Had a good chat too and they took pictures of me because I had some in-jokes written across my hands. They tweeted about me the next day too making the claim that I'm a gas cnut. Nicest guys you could ever meet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

+1 on the Rubberbandits. Sound as anything and really genuinely, casually funny blokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭skinny malinky

Gemma hayes (Schwing!)

I wholeheartedly agree.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Jack Owen from Deicide, he didn't wanna know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That fella who played the arty farty poet in Killinascully.Very full of himself and he talks exactly like that in real life.Have also met Sargent Roche and Dieter,both sound.(No I'm not a Killinascully freak in case Ye're wondering.They're all from Cork and it's a small place).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Just a bit disappointed on that one.

Did you meet any of the rest of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

I dearly love how Twink is such a consistent feature of this thread.

Just did a search there. She has 45 mentions on the thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SJPK

jacksie, from killinaskully, if that counts, complete and utter cun....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

dublin80 wrote: »
    My Personal experiences
    I met Brian McFadden and Kerry in a local pub a year before they split up. Brian was an absolute dickhead, and Kerry was lovely. we asked for autographs, Brian pushed us away and told us were to go, Kerry ignored him and said 'yes of course love' we got her autograph and a photo with her. Brian was such an 'up his own hole' dickhead.
    Met Van Morrison years ago, what an ignorant rude bas*ard.

Brendan O'carroll is a real funny man, sound bloke.

Met Keith Duffy years back and thought he was up his own hole

Twink is 'loud', but actually very pleasant to talk to. (unfortunetly people judge her on her personal voicemail that was leaked out to the public)
    Oh no, she's a complete spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

number10a wrote: »
    Just did a search there. She has 45 mentions on the thread!!!

Is that including the one or two votes for "Twint"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Griff Rhys Jones was the only 'celeb' i've ever met who was rude....me and my dad were invited along to the competition thing in a pub in Limerick.
    Griff has been off the sauce for years, so work out the reason for yourself.

Meanwhile, someone, somewhere, must have a 'positive' Van Morrison story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Griff has been off the sauce for years, so work out the reason for yourself.

Meanwhile, someone, somewhere, must have a 'positive' Van Morrison story?[/QUOTE]

dont_hold_your_breath_tshirt-p2355146815679621473wh7_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was reading the Evening herold one day many many years ago, they had one of their public opinion pieces where they ask random people on the street their opinion on something...and one of the random people on the street was Jack Owen!!

(i even remember the question...."is Ireland still the land of 1000 welcomes" Jack found Dublin very friendly!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Liam Cunningham - the Irish actor. Always laughs at me when I walk past him in the street for some unknown reason. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I would love to say Ryan Tubridy, but I can't. I met him last weekend and have to say he is a true gentleman.:D
    Ok I'm leaving now. :o

Shane Richie - sat beside him in Eddie Rockets and he thought I was a jounalist. Then he seemed annoyed that I didn't know who he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

FishBowel wrote: »
    Shane Richie - sat beside him in Eddie Rockets and he thought I was a jounalist. Then he seemed annoyed that I didn't know who he was.
    But you did know who he was? Confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Trapattoni. It was early 90s and I was at a Liverpool vs B.Munich friendly. He was the coach. I asked for his autograph and held out my program. He just whacked if out of my hand walked past me. John Barnes was so shocked he got me all the Liverpool autographs.

I asked one of the customers because everyone was getting his autograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Kathryn Thomas,
    Met her in a residents bar in Galway with her boyfriend.
    Was with the wife who could not believe how rude she was,treated the staff like her serfs.
    Funny how happy she looks on tv and how false it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I met Bono when I was 10 on the dart,he got on like any other passenger unfortunately I was just in awe and didn't open my mouth as I had never seen a major star before,he chatted to my folks n was real decent,Met Larry years later a true gent.
    My Sis in Law met Bono n the Hilton priv members lounge on the continent,she was running the bar and he was having a lunch.
    She told him she was set to marry an Irishman and he made a good joke,chatted away for a few mins and left a 100 dollar tip.

Advertisement