Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landis admits doping, points finger at LA - Please read Mod Warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

looking forward to the movie, Russel Crowe could play Paul Kimmage, Christian Bale as Lance?

What about a scene where Russell (Kimmage) Crowe has a complete melt-down during a press-conference with Christian (Lance) Bale. Rather than just the stare-down, turn-away that was the event they could start throwing phones and beat the cr*p out of each other.

That would have made some cycling headlines. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Get y' now. Though I'd still rather Arnett as Gob Bluth to play LA. He can perform feats of incomprehensible magic too!

tumblr_l0u70mrmqF1qzfpx1o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I get the feeling some people aren't taking this seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

lennymc wrote: »
    I get the feeling some people aren't taking this seriously.

Doping is a cancer that is eating away at the heart of our sport.

Happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

wheres that oul sarcastic font when ye need it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

but this sequence of events is too funny to not post......

Livestrong deal to see Armstrong compete in Ironman

10 February 2012 | Posted in Sponsorship, Triathlon, North America | By Eoin Connolly

Cancer charity Livestrong has agreed a new partnership with the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
    The deal will see Livestrong founder and seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong compete in a number of the WTC's flagship Ironman and Ironman 70.3 events which will be added to the endurance series' schedule. Armstrong will compete as part of Team Livestrong, with places available for other competitors, in a partnership which is aiming to raise at least US$1 million for people affected by cancer.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/livestrong_deal_to_see_armstrong_compete_in_ironman/

Incidentally.....The Ironman(WTC) branch of Triathlon is not under the IOC umbrella so can decide themselves who is to be drug tested. But I must state that correlation does not imply causation.
    Lance Armstrong almost wins Ironman 70.3 Panama

It was almost a fairy tale return to Triathlon for the seven times Tour de France winner; Lance Armstrong. He was leading going into the final mile of the 70.3 mile course (1.2mile swim, 56mile cycle, 13.1mile run), but two times Olympic medalist and former world triathlon champion; Bevan Docherty (NZ) ran past him in the final mile.

Lance Armstrong started out in triathlon in the 1980′s before starting on a career that transformed cycling forever.

As is always the case when Lance races, controversy is never far behind. Two tweets for 4th place finisher Rasmus Henning were trending high last night.

rasmushenning Feb 12, 8:00pm

“I thought it was common practice to drug test Top3 and not just random from 4th and down? That was not the case at 70.3 Panama.”

rasmushenning Feb 12, 11:43pm

“For the record I would be upset about any race with prize money where Top3 didn’t get tested. Regardless of who. Even if I was IN the Top3.“

http://www.irishtriathlon.com/index.php/2012/02/lance-armstrong-almost-wins-ironman-panama/

Armstrong finishes second in ironman and then 'snubs' winner at finish line

By Sportsmail Reporter UPDATED: 10:41 GMT, 13 February 2012

New Zealander Bevan Docherty says he was snubbed by Lance Armstrong after beating the seven-time Tour de France winner into second place at the Panama half ironman on Sunday, Armstrong's first professional triathlon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2100362/Lance-Armstrong-snubs-Bevan-Docherty-finishing-second.html

The old charmer. Enjoy him while you can triathlists.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Armstrong suggests he won't contest USADA case:
    “In my mind, I’m truly done. You can interpret that however you want,” he said in a long Men’s Journal interview, being released this week and dealing mainly with his bid to win an Ironman. “But no matter what happens, I’m finished. I’m done fighting. I’ve moved on. If there are other things that arise, I’m not contesting anything. Case closed.”

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

can i lock this thread now then ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Life is unfair.

Now you can close it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Whilst not beating the bike, at last years TdF there was a guy opposite me wearing LIVESTRONG* cap, t-shirt, jawbone and wrist-band, I assume he had matching shorts, black socks and sandles. I looked further down and in a corner I could huddled in a corner, Jesus weeping.

*Do you like what I did there? :trollsmileyface:
    somebody bought clothing which supports a charity?

Disgraceful! I hope you laughed in their face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Its just the next stage of the strategy.........from villian to down-beaten victim. Poor him. Everything changes, everything stays the same, he's still a COTHO, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It must be at the point now where anyone but the most blinded Fanboy knows for certain Armstrong doped, its simply not possible to have won 7 tours in the EPO era without doing so, so perhaps he's doing everyone a favour here by not contesting any further inquiries. He loses at least one Tour title, he's name gets officially tarred with the doping brush and we can all move on safe in the knowledge is a doping COTHO. (Nice acronym TheBlaaMan)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Inquitus wrote: »
    It must be at the point now where anyone but the most blinded Fanboy knows for certain Armstrong doped, its simply not possible to have won 7 tours in the EPO era without doing so, so perhaps he's doing everyone a favour here by not contesting any further inquiries

The standard Lancefan reaction has for some time been "....and even if he did, everyone else was doing it and he still beat them all, so he's still the greatest cyclist of all time".

The only change will be removal of the "even if he did" clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lumen wrote: »
    The standard Lancefan reaction has for some time been "....and even if he did, everyone else was doing it and he still beat them all, so he's still the greatest cyclist of all time".

The only change will be removal of the "even if he did" clause.

at least we seeem to be getting away from the TDF being the only race that matters scenario at the end of the day its tough winning any race (i guess never have won anything)

(and the fact he pretty much only won the tdf rules him out of "greatest cyclist of all time " imo)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

(and the fact he pretty much only won the tdf rules him out of "greatest cyclist of all time " imo)

We need that up in lights!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

He beat cancer, he won the tour 7 times in an era where everyone doped, maybe he's not super clean, but he's only human after all - we all makes mistakes. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We love Lance! Look at what he's done over the years to raise cancer awareness and fund research!

All the haters are just jealous.

USA! USA! USA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

joker77 wrote: »
    He beat cancer, he won the tour 7 times in an era where everyone doped, maybe he's not super clean, but he's only human after all - we all makes mistakes. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. We love Lance! Look at what he's done over the years to raise cancer awareness and fund research!

All the haters are just jealous.

USA! USA! USA!!

The same fund raising paid for his legal bills too.

G2ECE wrote: »
    The same fund raising paid for his legal bills too.

There may have been a note of sarcasm in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Now that the criminal case is out of the way (nice work there Lance - just shows that money really does buy justice in the States), he is playing this one perfectly.

The victim strategy, nothing left to prove, just getting on with my life now supporting cancer victims, I'm just going to have to accept there'll always be questions no matter what I do...

You have to hand it to him, it's nearly perfect. Nearly. I'd say his PR people have been cursing his Atheism, otherwise praise jebus - the God angle would have been all over this.

raise cancer awareness
    True
    and fund research!
    False

Sorry, even if the post is in jest. I can't not correct this point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

To err is human - to come clean is not.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

Inquitus wrote: »
    It must be at the point now where anyone but the most blinded Fanboy knows for certain Armstrong doped, its simply not possible to have won 7 tours in the EPO era without doing so, so perhaps he's doing everyone a favour here by not contesting any further inquiries. He loses at least one Tour title, he's name gets officially tarred with the doping brush and we can all move on safe in the knowledge is a doping COTHO. (Nice acronym TheBlaaMan)

Prove it. Thank god for democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mattser wrote: »

With Lance now apparently admitting to it there's no need to. What's democracy got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You are probably living in a different planet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Positive tests that were explained away by a UCI Inquiry from 99 ?

Thanking God for democracy eh? And you're a Lance apologist eeeeeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Zzzzzzzzz ....... Have we not been here before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

I thought all doping talk was forbidden by the charter?
    With that in mind I'll be as cautious as I can be.
    The thing that always confused me about LA and his alleged doping is that after his treatment for cancer that he would allegedly put toxic performance enhancing products into his bloodstream thus risking his long term health?
    Allegedly putting your own blood back into your bloodstream though.... maybe wouldn't surprise me so much.

CPL 593H

C3PO wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzzz ....... Have we not been here before?
    You could not open the thread.

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    The thing that always confused me about LA and his alleged doping is that after his treatment for cancer that he would allegedly put toxic performance enhancing products into his bloodstream thus risking his long term health?
    EPO can be used in cancer treatment, to help combat anaemia. It's not necessarily toxic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement