Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

krudler wrote: »
    Links234 wrote: »
    Equilibrium is brilliant! I won't hear anything else! Come on, the bit with the puppy, how can you not love that? :D

It has great ideas but its too low budget to pull them off, that and the whole "no emotion" thing when the black dude is walking around with a sh1t eating grin on his face for the whole movie :pac:
    Oh I totally agree, and that guy really did make a muck up of things, but its just such a good bad movie! It's like a mish mash of dystopian films, but its so silly over the top its just fun. It's like a b movie that had some really good actors. I mean, the bit with the puppy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh I totally agree, and that guy really did make a muck up of things, but its just such a good bad movie! It's like a mish mash of dystopian films, but its so silly over the top its just fun. It's like a b movie that had some really good actors. I mean, the bit with the puppy! :D

and people arent supposed to wear colours, yet the dress Emily Watson in a roaring red cape in prison, err, alright then.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm going to rip bf's suit off him later, he looks so sexy! :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Was just thinking the other day that India hadn't made me sick in a while, so BAM! Now I'm sick. Neck glands swollen up like golf balls and I'm totally knackered. Spent all day in my nightie on the couch watching movies, feel awful.

Also, for anyone who hasn't watched Crash, don't bother, it's rubbish. I do however recommend How To Train Your Dragon! A very nice boardsie recommended it to me :)

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Was just thinking the other day that India hadn't made me sick in a while, so BAM! Now I'm sick. Neck glands swollen up like golf balls and I'm totally knackered. Spent all day in my nightie on the couch watching movies, feel awful.

Also, for anyone who hasn't watched Crash, don't bother, it's rubbish. I do however recommend How To Train Your Dragon! A very nice boardsie recommended it to me :)

Crash was terrible, I dont understand how it was so lauded with oscars. "racism is bad mkay- the movie"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Oh the excitement, c'mon Chelsea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Kiera wrote: »

Wash your mouth out :eek:

Lucyfur wrote: »

Wash your mouth out :eek:
    Never! I'm a true blue :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Both teams to spontaneously combust would be good.
    If that's not possible, then a Chelsea win would be good. Don't win Liverpool winning more silverware in a season than United.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :-P

• Advertisement

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :-P
    I'm divorcing you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm divorcing you!

GOOD!!!!!!! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

This football argument is easily solved - they're all shíte :p

This football argument is easily solved - they're all shíte :p

football is for wusses, overpaid prima donnas who get stretchered off the pitch if someone looks at them funny. rugby and NFL ftw, or ice hockey, toothless Canadians battering the sh1te out of each other and where fighting is not only allowed, it has its own rules :pac: saw a game in Canada and it was fantastic to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

football is for wusses, overpaid prima donnas who get stretchered off the pitch if someone looks at them funny. rugby and NFL ftw, or ice hockey, toothless Canadians battering the sh1te out of each other and where fighting is not only allowed, it has its own rules :pac: saw a game in Canada and it was fantastic to watch.

I love ice hockey and the nfl. Was at msg a year and half ago watching the rangers play hockey. What a night. was nice to spend time with the cousin from ny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Ohh I do love working early Saturday shifts, it feels like I'm only out of bed and already my day's work is over :D Seeing as Im not in work again until 5.30pm tomorrow, I think I may just have to have a good ol' shower beer for myself :p

Ohh I do love working early Saturday shifts, it feels like I'm only out of bed and already my day's work is over :D Seeing as Im not in work again until 5.30pm tomorrow, I think I may just have to have a good ol' shower beer for myself :p

Do,you deserve it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im in the mood to go out because its so nice out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

im in the mood to go out because its so nice out! :)

Me too! A cold pint of Bulmers in a sunny beer garden would be perfection :) But I have to work at 10pm tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

For the first time in ages I've decided to embrace my curly hair and not straighten it. I think it's because last night I had a dream that I was talking to X and he said he'd love to see what my hair looked like if I curled it and I told him that it's kinda curly itself but I usually straighten the bejaysus out of it and when he asked me why I couldn't *really* think of a satisfactory answer. :o My dreams are weird. I'm now resolutely refusing to think of it as bushy or frizzy even though it kinda is. :)

Heading into town now, quite excited!

Embrace the curls!! I used to straighten my hair all the time then during the LC I got too lazy. Turns out I have mad corkscrew curls, which can actually be pretty cool sometimes. Curls are cool :)
    I'm straightening my hair tonight, but just because I've not done it in months.

Also.............I'm finished my exams!!!!!
    Sorry to rub it in for anyone still doing them, but the relief will be unreal when you're done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Today has been horrible.
    The OH's dad got really ill, we thought he was going to fall into a coma at one stage. Very scary. This is the first time I've stopped since 9am. Fricking wrecked.

He's doing better, hoping he'll improve by friday. He's getting an award for 50 years service with a local charity and he really wants to go to the ceremony.

Where's the wine? Give me the wine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Brilliant day :D Total trip down memory lane. It's so weird to look back on secondary school and go back to things that I either thought of as "defining moments" that actually meant nothing or things I didn't realise were quite so significant. Feeling very lucky to have my old friend back in my life after so long :) Would have stayed the night, we were going to have an all-nighter sleepover but I've to study in the morning so we're postponing that until after my exams. Can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

[URL="[IMG]http://omg.wthax.org/ditzy.jpg[/IMG]"]ditzy.jpg[/URL]

So I bring my puppy to get groomed for the first time today...

After popping out for a bit, I return home to see Ditzy has eaten my lipstick in my absence... /facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Had such a productive day... I'm after a MASSIVE slimming world dinner which probably counts as two dinners.. Slumming it in bed with my doggie.. We're both knackered and going to watch a film together!

Jelly and strawberries downstairs for dessert, would someone mind bringing them up please? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Also, for anyone who hasn't watched Crash, don't bother, it's rubbish.
    Crash was terrible, I dont understand how it was so lauded with oscars. "racism is bad mkay- the movie"

Oh I remember that Oscar year. Emperor's new clothes scenario for me, I thought I was the only one who could see that this was a film built on wild coincidence and smacking the audience in the face with its "everyone's racist" message.

Duh, no sh1t?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Sad today: I broke my nail half way down on my nail bed. It is ridiculously sore, and I cut the half that was lifting off, to stop it catching. However, now the part was was fixed to my nail bed is now lifting. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

EmilyO wrote: »
    Embrace the curls!! I used to straighten my hair all the time then during the LC I got too lazy. Turns out I have mad corkscrew curls, which can actually be pretty cool sometimes. Curls are cool :)
    I'm straightening my hair tonight, but just because I've not done it in months.

Also.............I'm finished my exams!!!!!
    Sorry to rub it in for anyone still doing them, but the relief will be unreal when you're done :D

Just seeing this now because I'm blind :o Curly hair is so gorgeous, it's kind of funny how it's relatively rare to see on a day to day basis! It's way too much time/effort to straighten it all the time, I'm sick of it being so high maintenance. It was nice today to throw a bit of mousse in it and leave it be :) Ended up tying it back but I love ponytails when they're curly so I think it looks grand. Definitely something I'm going to do more often!

Hope you have fun tonight and enjoy your freedom :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh I remember that Oscar year. Emperor's new clothes scenario for me, I thought I was the only one who could see that this was a film built on wild coincidence and smacking the audience in the face with its "everyone's racist" message.

Duh, no sh1t?!

the bit with the "protective cloak" made me groan, awful stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

football is for wusses, overpaid prima donnas who get stretchered off the pitch if someone looks at them funny. rugby and NFL ftw

Yes.

Except for NFL. Waaaaaay too showy for my liking. And the fact that it takes about 3 hours to get through the 60 minutes... never understood that. All show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

got an email about the placement i did in january for college in a homeless shelter!

got me first class honours in it BOOM!!! :D

this make Pixie very happy!!

im starting to doubt how much of a girl i actually am....i just chose Die Hard over The Notebook......

then again the only girly things i do is wearing skirts/dresses/makeup....straightening my hair and occasionally cooing over babies :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement