Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I love this thread and never once felt like i couldnt post .. I kinda think some people are overly sensitive and need to chill out .. Stop taking things so serious its a forum guys not real life .. Now who wants cake ?!

That's the problem rainshowers, not everyone feels this way when they post on internet forums and some are more sensitive than others!!

I know I get upset quite easily if someone says something not nice to me on Boards. I try not to, but that's just who I am. Because of this I try my best to think before I post so as to not hurt others (even if it were to be unintentional).....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The way I see this thread is that while it has become more chatty, it still has the original theme underpinning it, I think. I don't know what the point would be in just having a strictly "I'm sad" "I'm happy" "I'm mad" thread if people aren't allowed to respond to what people say.

Today has been a bit bizarre, and I hope it's a one-off.

*edit*
    Jaysus, 3 sentences and I managed to mangle 2 of them with too many words.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

The way I see this thread is that while it has become more chatty, it still has the original theme too underpinning it, I think. I don't know what the point would be in just having a strictly "I'm sad" "I'm happy" "I'm mad" thread would be if people aren't allowed to respond to what people say.

Today has been a bit bizarre, and I hope it's a one-off.

I agree Westernnight that it should contain all types of chat and discussion as you've mentioned.

I'd definitely get bored very quickly with an I'm bored, I'm happy, I'm sad type of thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

For what it's worth, I like this thread as it is, despite today :P
    It's sad when people, for whatever reason, feel they can't post here anymore.

Can we have some more of....

happy-lol-cat.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

EmilyO wrote: »
    happy-lol-cat.jpg

My happy for the day:

While I was out all day it was sunny(ish). Went and played tag rugby and DIDN'T die from exhaustion (big step for me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I think tLL collectively needs to take a chill-pill today. It's the internetz, ffs. If you don't like what someone's talking about, there's an ignore function <---- right over there. I've made prodigious use of it during my time on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I don't think anyone's looking for a 'I'm bored, I'm happy etc' thread, in fairness, that would be deathly dull, but if the thread was ... (and I'm not going to phrase this right :o) less chatty perhaps? Like there have been pages where it is like reading a conversation between two or three posters, and that can be hard to break into at times, especially when all you want to post is 'I'm happy/sad/down/whatever'.
    I understand that certain posters will dominate at different times, and that's the nature of a thread at times, but when I'm reading back over it and I see a consistent conversation covering pages and pages, it personally puts me off posting.
    Whether this means I've grown away from this aspect of the Ladies Lounge, I don't know. I'd like to think not, but if it means I go back to reading and not posting much again, then that's what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

So I've been studying all day and I feel like i know nothing!! I hate exams :mad:

Anyone wanna do mine for me? Pleeaase? :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Daisies wrote: »
    There was an off topic chat thread here before and it was stopped as people complained it was too cliquey and the mods were very adamant that the off topic chat didn't need to be there. This thread, while absolutely brilliant, is basically that off topic thread under a different name.

I've said this to a number of people - and I said it when they closed the OT Nangers Bar thread that this would become more chatty and take over from that thread. There used to be an ot thread, a happy thread and a sad thread, which I liked tbh, because you could go into the happy thread when you were feeling crap and find some inspiration. This thread has worked, but not as an emotions thread - it is en extended chat thread now, with a larger number of regular users than the previous thread, which the post counts of the different versions will verify.
    Kiera wrote: »
    I remember it. But the mods obviously don't see a problem here if they themselves post in here. It would have been locked a long time ago if it didn't work.

At the start, there were a number of on thread warnings to users, but it was kind of allowed lapse because everyone made it that way. I think that having a separate chat thread and emotions thread - would cut down on the huge number of versions we'll be having! Anywho, can't believe this has blown up today, when I was actually thinking about it this morning, how its become a more chat thread than emotions thread.

back on thread - wrecked from today, I'm absolutely shattered - think I'm coming down with something, came home from the meeting last night and couldn't work, same again tonight - normally I can get over physical tiredness, but I've kind of a mental drag going on. I cannot be sick, I've my FYP plus a 4000 word essay to do before next week and I cannot get started, FYP will be easier to do but longer :( Kicking myself for taking a few days off last week - put something up on facebook earlier, and got a comment from someone, do you ever relax? Answer is no - and I think I'm hitting the wall :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ive been doing thesis work for 3 days straight now....im tired and i just want it over and done with! :(

also the nosebleeds and headaches have started...imma getting stressed! poo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

MissElle wrote: »
    So I've been studying all day and I feel like i know nothing!! I hate exams :mad:

Anyone wanna do mine for me? Pleeaase? :pac:

What are they on?? I'd consider if you'd do my methodology essay for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Ah rebelgirl, :( do you have much longer left in the year? Will you get a break over the holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Wow... big dramas since I was on this morning.

I love this thread. I love being able to post about the great/****/meh/stressful things in my life and feel like I have some support or someone to listen. This thread lets me vent and love that aspect of it but I hate to think that people feel intimidated about posting and like they can't because it is cliquey or whatever. Yes there are regular posters but I wouldn't like to think that someone felt that they couldn't comment or join in and tbh I was sad to read that there are people that feel that way. I hate seeing posters leave tLL :(

I haven't been posting in tLL for that long and was not around for the previous o.t.c thread so I cannot comment on that end of things but I hope that the ladies lounge can stay a place for us girls to talk but most importantly feel like it is a safe space to post about our feelings and not be judged.

Anyway for a happee:D
    Oblig cute kitten pic:
    32862272250456548_1PXEn4iM_f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If this thread became just one line postings of peoples emotions it'd die a death, the chat and sillyness and banter is what makes it and why the post count rockets through different versions probably faster than most forums on boards. I post when stuff annoys me and when I am chuffed about stuff, and yakking about stuff with other posters is just a natural expansion of that, be it movies, tv, books, cake, kittehs, dogs, boys, girls, work, etc etc.

Theres tons of stuff I dont really contribute much to on this thread, weddings, cake, dresses etc etc but not once have I ever felt I was unwelcome even being a blowin full of icky boy germs, nor that I was interrupting someones conversation.

now here's a basket of kittehs, everyone take one and be happy. I want a grey one, his name will be Skeletor.

box_o_kittens.jpg

What are they on?? I'd consider if you'd do my methodology essay for me!

Unexpected outcomes of pregnancy and birth! There's only 25 topics to cover :pac:

I'm so sick of it now I'd gladly swap! I don't mind doing essays, at least I feel like Im getting somewhere, the studying seems never ending...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

let my German shepherd Kojak in for a sneaky cuddle on our bed and he fecks it up by doing the world's most smelly dog fart !

baby java is all sorts of awesome!she is making movements similar to that of the loch Ness monster atm!
    used to have a lovely, polite, gentle prod or nudge from my little ballerina, now a drunk baby elephant seems to have eaten her and proceeded to do some star jumps!

sweet chaos !wouldn't change it for the world!

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Ah rebelgirl, :( do you have much longer left in the year? Will you get a break over the holidays?

6/7 weeks. This is my break, back to work on Monday! 4000 word essay due Tuesday, but have to have it done Monday because I'm heading to Dublin for 2 days with two classes, FYP was supposed to be in for Monday but need an extension because we haven't completed the second round of testing, 2 x 2000 word essays the following week, and both my teaching practise files due in the week after that, one folder is okayish, have about 40 lesson plans to properly do in my other one. Its basically like standing at the bottom of Everest and wondering how the hell I'll get to the other side. And I still have to teach my normal classes and fit the material in around it. Plus I've football meetings as well as training twice a week to fit in. I'm not going doing panic, never have never will, but I find it incredibly frustrating that I cannot get my head around some things. And now feeling like this is driving my head mad - I'll probably start lesson plans or something instead of doing the most pressing thing

MissElle wrote: »
    Unexpected outcomes of pregnancy and birth! There's only 25 topics to cover :pac:

I'm so sick of it now I'd gladly swap! I don't mind doing essays, at least I feel like Im getting somewhere, the studying seems never ending...

I'd nearly take it!!! :P Except I'm after remembering I have a nutrition exam on May 10th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Back to work tomorrow. Staying up late so the morning doesnt come so quickly. Genius logic, I know!

I'd nearly take it!!! :P Except I'm after remembering I have a nutrition exam on May 10th :(

God rebelgirl, that sounds really tough for you :( I was a bit like that a few weeks ago, had so much college stuff building up, I was feeling like I'd never get through it.

I just had to take one thing at a time and tried not to worry too much about the rest until it was done. I know its easier said than done though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

bubblefett wrote: »
    Sar_Bear they totally need to have puppies!! I demand puppies!

They would totally be the best puppies ever!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

ARAHAHAAJJAJA page 666!!!

Quick!! Everyone post random super long posts to get of the devil page :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I think tLL collectively needs to take a chill-pill today. It's the internetz, ffs. If you don't like what someone's talking about, there's an ignore function <---- right over there. I've made prodigious use of it during my time on Boards.

I can't bring myself to use it. If someone annoys me they annoy me for a reason and I'd just be curious to read their posts to see if they were still annoying. :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My dog died today anyway :(

We didn't have to put her down because she had a seizure and died herself at the vets, dunno is that's better or worse! My Mother is devastated. So is my brother. I'm alright but I'm also okay in these kinds of situations weirdly enough. Knew she was gonna die soon. She was 14...and we had her since just after we moved to this country! Guess it hasn't sunk in yet, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Lia_lia wrote: »

We didn't have to put her down because she had a seizure and died herself at the vets, dunno is that's better or worse! My Mother is devastated. So is my brother. I'm alright but I'm also okay in these kinds of situations weirdly enough. Knew she was gonna die soon. She was 14...and we had her since just after we moved to this country! Guess it hasn't sunk in yet, I dunno.

I'm really sorry to hear that about your dog Lia :( That must be so hard, I hope you will be okay x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Im very sorry to hear that Lia Lia. I saw pics of her before and she was beautiful. *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I have one question, what's wrong with this thread being a chat thread with a kind of easy access for new poster where they say what made them ___?

The amount of posts in these threads shows that it's successful.

Also nothing can get me down today, tsh is going down and I've seen more coriander shoots appearing.

Sorry to hear that Lia_lia

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lia_lia wrote: »

sorry to hear that,our dog is 12 and we've had him since a pup,hope he doesn't go anytime soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement