Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons of Anarchy (Irish Pace)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

chughes wrote: »
    I watching this programme for the first time last night and I was absolutely amazed at how bad the Oirish accents were. Usually when you hear American attempts at the Irish accent it's pretty funny but this was cringeworthy at it's highest.

To cap it all, the scenes filmed in rural areas looked nothing like any part of Ireland I know. They did, however, remind me of California countryside.

I have a whole week to decide if I will watch another episode of this cringefest. Can it be any worse, I wonder ?
    One of the best episodes so far last night.

Was there an Irish accent in it? I was to busy looking at **** blowing up and the orish lad getting shot in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I saw that the third series of Sons of Anarchy was on RTE last night, does anyone know if this is has just started last night on it or has it been on for a while now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

yeah its been on for a few weeks now...dont know if iplayer on rte will have it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Aw S***!!!! Oh well sure i might check the iplayer thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Penfailed

chughes wrote: »
    I watching this programme for the first time last night and I was absolutely amazed at how bad the Oirish accents were. Usually when you hear American attempts at the Irish accent it's pretty funny but this was cringeworthy at it's highest.

To cap it all, the scenes filmed in rural areas looked nothing like any part of Ireland I know. They did, however, remind me of California countryside.

I have a whole week to decide if I will watch another episode of this cringefest. Can it be any worse, I wonder ?

Your first mistake was joining a programme in the middle of the third series. Your second mistake was repeating stuff that's already been mentioned/discussed earlier in the thread. I'm surprised that it's going to take you a full week to make up your mind about whether-or-not to watch it again...:P

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 character

Penfailed wrote: »
    Anyone looking forward to the 3rd series (I refuse to call them 'seasons') of Sons of Anarchy on RTE? From what I gather, it's Belfast based, and the accents are crap :D
    Loved the first two series. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Saw the thrid season - the accents are awful, except for the great Paula Malcomson, who is a Nordie herself (though you wouldn't have known it in Deadwood).
    SOA is a class show, one of the best "undiscovered" gems around. Great cast, great setting.
    get with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Agent Stahl is dead :D, class I never hated a TV character more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Looking forward to the forth series now. Does anyone know when it's going to be shown on terrestrial TV? Don't have Sky. Hopefully it'll be on at a more reasonable hour...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Penfailed wrote: »
    Looking forward to the forth series now. Does anyone know when it's going to be shown on terrestrial TV? Don't have Sky. Hopefully it'll be on at a more reasonable hour...

It was previously shown on Bravo,since closed following being bought by Sky. No news yet on who'll show it on UK or Irish screens. It'll be Spring/Summer next year before RTE show S4 if they decide to pick it up.

Best bet is to watch the new season online,S4 begins in the US next Tuesday,September 6th.

Great end to Season 3....loved the Neil Young song 'Hey hey my my.!!...Hope you got to catch up with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

looky loo wrote: »
    Great end to Season 3....loved the Neil Young song 'Hey hey my my.!!...Hope you got to catch up with it.

Great version alright. Season 4 is starting next week in the US, looking forward to it.

Aw I'm in Ireland, we wont get to see it until next year....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissKK

It's been on RTE???? I have been searching to see that programme here!! Such a brilliant show! RTE probably had it on at a ridiculous time as usual! Just have to wait for the box set I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

roll on season 4 starting in the us on 6th sept... cant wait to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

MissKK wrote: »
    It's been on RTE???? I have been searching to see that programme here!! Such a brilliant show! RTE probably had it on at a ridiculous time as usual! Just have to wait for the box set I guess :)
    They just finished season 3, usually on at 1am on Monday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

looky loo wrote: »
    Aw I'm in Ireland, we wont get to see it until next year....:mad:

They have the internet in all countries now...

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    They have the internet in all countries now...

do you have a link for the new series when it starts...much appreciated if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissKK

They just finished season 3, usually on at 1am on Monday nights.
    Thanks a mill :) Had no clue it was on!! But season 4 starts next week so hopefully we'll have it on RTE soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Next tue night its back on in America, have no idea when itll hit the screen here but I cannot wait!! Been waiting all summer for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Great start to season four!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Anybody watching season 4?

Just saw ep 7. Epic episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I was told about this show last week, so I checked it out. Yeah, I've just finished season 2. Absolutely brilliant show, can't stop watching it. This is certainly filling the void that Breaking Bad has left, which is high praise in my opinion. Highly recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Just to let everyone know. RTE will be showing SOA season 4, but they have no date set to start showing it yet.
    Emailed them last night and got a reply this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You can bet it will be at random times every week, all after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

My suggestion is find somewhere else to watch it as season 4 is the best season yet by a long shot and RTE are bound to **** it up big style as usual

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You can bet it will be at random times every week, all after midnight.

Probably. Thank God for Sky+ :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Come on rte. get the new series on your lovely new hd channel for us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

It should be on at the same time as The Sopranos was when it was on RTE

Emailed RTE Monday. No start date yet to start showing series 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Season 4 just finished on Five USA which is now an FTA channel.
    Its now on repeat, half way through season 2 and playing regularly in the same time slot, unlike any Irish channel.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/sons-of-anarchy

Advertisement