Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons of Anarchy (Irish Pace)

Options
  • 28-05-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

Anyone looking forward to the 3rd series (I refuse to call them 'seasons') of Sons of Anarchy on RTE? From what I gather, it's Belfast based, and the accents are crap :D
    Loved the first two series. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

seen it all on the internet a whiles back, its not a total mare to be honest ( ala brad pitt ) but they do the whole formation riding thing which has never ever worked in ireland funny out...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Penfailed

kilkennym wrote: »
    seen it all on the internet a whiles back

I've yet to see any of it. Looking forward to it though :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've yet to see any of it. Looking forward to it though :)

clear a day for yourself and treat yourself...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why wait for it on RTE when the 3rd season finished last November? :confused:

Why wait for it on RTE when the 3rd season finished last November? :confused:

I don't do downloads. I haven't got Sky TV.

• Advertisement

I didn't see the first episode the other night...I was watching the last episode of The Event on C4. I've taped it though. I'll have to get watching before next Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just a heads up that the next episode is Tuesday morning at 01.15 on RTE 2.

lord lucan wrote: »

Ah...no way. FFS! I'm going to have to bail out on it. I usually get up for work at around 6am...:rolleyes:

Just checked - it's on at 12:25am on Monday night :)

lord lucan wrote: »

Turns out you were right and the RTE Guide was wrong... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Turns out you were right and the RTE Guide was wrong... :)

I was just going by the Sky planner as i have it set on Sky+. Watched it online last year but enjoying watching it again. Handy refresher ahead of the new season too.

Stephen King cameoed in tonight episode...playing a character called Bachman! :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Stephen King cameoed in tonight episode...playing a character called Bachman! :D :cool:

Have RTE just stopped this, not on tonight or next week

thomasm wrote: »

Ah no way! :(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

thomasm wrote: »

My Sky Plus picked up the next episode at 12.55 next Monday night/Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

I didn't see the first episode the other night...I was watching the last episode of The Event on C4. I've taped it though. I'll have to get watching before next Monday :)
    is this season 2 or 3 they are showing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

the bolt wrote: »
    is this season 2 or 3 they are showing?
    Season 4, no messing with the R.T.E.

:p

It's season 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

why oh why oh why is it on so late?

A primetime US show which has
    Irish characters
    Epsiodes set in Ireland
    Eposides with Irish names

I cannot think off top of my head any other us primetime Drama show
    with such a direct link to ireland off top of me head
    It should be on at 10:00 it's primetime show

Really enjoying this. The guys are just boarding a plane bound for Belfast, via Manchester :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

opie forgave stig quickly for killing his wife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

does anyone know why american TV series feel the need to set episodes in Ireland but don't bother to hire anyone who is Irish or has even heard something approaching an Irish accent? I thought Heroes was as bad as it could get, but wow Sons of Anarchy step forward for the worst collection of Oirish accents since 'far and away'
    special mention to this guy Jimmy O'Phelan (WTFing F!!!)
    I also do not believe for even a second that any of the cast set foot in Ireland - the scenes with the main characters in them look nothing like Ireland.

Other then that loving the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ah poo poo. I didn't know they were up to series 3 already. I saw series 1 and 2. They were fantastic. Ron Perlmann and Katey Sagel are excellent, as is Charlie Hunnam - a Geordie believe it or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Ah poo poo. I didn't know they were up to series 3 already. I saw series 1 and 2. They were fantastic. Ron Perlmann and Katey Sagel are excellent, as is Charlie Hunnam - a Geordie believe it or not
    OOOh yea, I never copped who he was, he was in Green Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

lynski wrote: »
    does anyone know why american TV series feel the need to set episodes in Ireland but don't bother to hire anyone who is Irish or has even heard something approaching an Irish accent? I thought Heroes was as bad as it could get, but wow Sons of Anarchy step forward for the worst collection of Oirish accents since 'far and away'
    I also do not believe for even a second that any of the cast set foot in Ireland - the scenes with the main characters in them look nothing like Ireland.

Pretty much why I gave up on Season 3 after 5 episodes. I'll be on board for season 4 in the autumn though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

They didn't - all scenes with main cast in were shot in California as usual, the footage shot in the North was just body doubles on bikes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

This is the same Ireland that "Murder She Wrote" regularly visits. Same accents and all! :D

Massive generalisation coming up here - most Americans would have difficulty understanding a proper Belfast accent. That's why it's done the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Massive generalisation coming up here - most Americans would have difficulty understanding a proper Belfast accent. That's why it's done the way it is.

Absolutely. Trainspotting had to be subtitled over there due to the Scottish accents, Northern accents can be pretty hard to follow if you've never heard one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I watching this programme for the first time last night and I was absolutely amazed at how bad the Oirish accents were. Usually when you hear American attempts at the Irish accent it's pretty funny but this was cringeworthy at it's highest.

To cap it all, the scenes filmed in rural areas looked nothing like any part of Ireland I know. They did, however, remind me of California countryside.

I have a whole week to decide if I will watch another episode of this cringefest. Can it be any worse, I wonder ?

Advertisement