Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb and Dumber 2 (with Carey and Daniels)

Options
  • 09-03-2011 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0308/carreyj.html

so the farrelly brothers confirmed they would love to make a sequel starring carey and daniels. this has to be one of the best comedy movies ever and one of my favorite films ever.

the prequel was ****ing atrocious and was one of the worst films i ever witnessed but with carey back i think i would enjoy seeing a sequel. id love to see harry and lioyd back together and a cheeky cameo by seabass :D

whats your thoughts ? do you think they should leave a classic alone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Leave it be.. the original's a classic!

1288225136395441.jpeg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Dumber and Dumbererer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The expression "KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!" springs to mind for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Best leave the film as it is and usher 'Dumb and Dumber 2' into a dark abyss.

A properly done Dumb and Dumber sequel i.e not sh!t, still wouldn't top the first. Surely movie makers must realise this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Other than this, what has Carrey been doing recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Other than this, what has Carrey been doing recently?
    Most recent thing I've seen him in was the ho-hum "I Love You Philip Morris"..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I don't get your question?

If this is what you mean? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000120/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Im all for it,given it might not surpass the original but no doubt we will have at least a good comedy to watch,and fairplay to the Farrelly brothers taking a stab at it,what else you going to be watching another "Date Movie" or what ever sh!te be spewed out.

So everyone on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

But it's easier to ask a forum and wait longer for an answer :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i wouldn't mind it if its even half as good as the original. lets be honest Hollywood just aint producing laugh out loud comedy's on a yearly basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Jim Carrey refuses to do sequels. He has said time and time again that Ace Ventura 2 was the last one and he's never going to do another. Why do these type of reports keep popping up? I do not know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

ricero wrote: »
    whats your thoughts ? do you think they should leave a classic alone ?

Nah, what difference does it make? If its sh1t the original will still be the great film its always been, they might as well have a go. It might be even prove the pessimists wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Renn wrote: »
    But it's easier to ask a forum and wait longer for an answer :/

Sorry.
    More a rhetorical musing about his quietness lately than anything genuinely interrogative.

Bah, if anything I want to see Carrey doing more and more serious roles - we've seen enough of him as the comedy actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Jim Carrey refuses to do sequels. He has said time and time again that Ace Ventura 2 was the last one and he's never going to do another. Why do these type of reports keep popping up? I do not know...

^^this!!

It is also the reason he refused to do "bruce almighty 2: Bruce the second coming"........which is why we ended up with the sh!te "evan almighty"

he hates playing the same character, so he doesnt (AV is the exception)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

^^this!!

It is also the reason he refused to do "bruce almighty 2: Bruce the second coming"........which is why we ended up with the sh!te "evan almighty"

he hates playing the same character, so he doesnt (AV is the exception)

yea but i think he would do it for the farrelly brothers as he has a good relationship with them and after all dumb and dumber launched him into the mainstream

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

He had and continues to have a great relationship with Steve Oedekerk (director of Ace Ventura 2 and Bruce Almighty. But even he couldn't convince Jim to do Bruce Almighty 2. Carrey took such a downspiral into manic depression after Ace 2 that he swore never to do a sequel again. Something about playing the same character again just depresses the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

So does that mean a Man on the Moon sequel is out of the question :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I would like to see Nick Cage and Keanu Reeves do it for the lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I would like to see Nick Cage and Keanu Reeves do it for the lulz.

cage-wicker-man.jpg
    Lloyd, these aren't M&M's, they're bees! You said there would be candy in here!

_11107.jpg
    Ha, gotcha Harry! That's for trying to steal Mary Swa.. Swami... Swansonite from me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This could be epic or it could be disastrous ,the first film is one of the funniest films ever.
    Surely after 18 years the Farrelly brothers have had time to come up with a decent script.
    Peter Farrelly, the co-director of the original Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels-starring 1994 comedy, has emphasised that this is the movie's first true sequel.

"We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," he told ComingSoon.net.

"It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."

The 2003 prequel Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd did not feature the original stars.

"We did not do Dumb and Dumberer," Farrelly continued. "That was a studio thing.

"So we've always wanted to do a sequel and finally Jim called up. Jeff always wanted to do it. We always wanted to do it.

"Jim was busy, but he called and said, 'We've got to do this thing again.' He had just watched Dumb and Dumber and he said, 'This is the perfect sequel. Let's do it.'"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sounds like they're desperate for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Awesome!

0004.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

No. Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bah, if anything I want to see Carrey doing more and more serious roles - we've seen enough of him as the comedy actor.

pfff, says you, if I ever win the euromillions I'm making Ace Ventura 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I've never gotten the who "don't do another movie/album/book because the first/most recent one was just sooooooooooooo amazing." Surely another movie, with many of the people from the first one, has the potential to be very funny. Who cares whether it's as good as one of the best comedy movies ever, or not? A load of auld pretentious nonsense if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I've never gotten the who "don't do another movie/album/book because the first/most recent one was just sooooooooooooo amazing." Surely another movie, with many of the people from the first one, has the potential to be very funny. Who cares whether it's as good as one of the best comedy movies ever, or not? A load of auld pretentious nonsense if you ask me!

I'd agree, mostly. Some are cash and grabs that have no chance of being worthwhile but something like an older Feris Bueller or Dumb & Dumber does have the potential to be a very enjoyable film. If it turns out badly it's not going to effect my enjoyment of the original and if it turns out well then you've suddenly got a good accompaniment to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Farrelly Brothers will just turn this into a love story as they always do these days

Galvasean wrote: »

I was actually watching The Mask recently and I was trying to rack my mind as to whether Carrey has actually ever done a sequel. Completely forgot about Ace Ventura 2. Its actually one of the things I admire most about him.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

This is either gonna be really good or really awful. I can't think of any good Farrelly films from the last 10 years and the Three Stooges looks to be complete garbage. It's gonna be hard to make it as good as the first one, particularly this scene:

Advertisement