Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

"let's go Cena" chants louder than "Cena sucks" chants!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,564 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Atmosphere here.... Unreal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What q fukin night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Just in the door, Amazing night. Atmosphere was so good coupled with amazing matches.

Leggo, you sir are a legend. Hopefully captains do something next year aswell, best night out in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just got home, have to go to work in 2 hours haha.

Just want to say thanks Leggo for all your hard work and effort, great atmosphere and a resounding success all-round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Quality night, muchos gracias Leggo. ;) Only beef I'd have is last orders not being announced. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Despite being slightly hammered managed to bookend the night with pics with the awesome Luke and Duane....deadly lads who didn't mind the very awkward me getting in a pic with them or being an utter nutter .:)

546913_3207329856977_1078085272_33004285_332073713_n.jpg

536207_3207359377715_1078085272_33004329_2141731293_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Just in

Amazing night ,would never do anything else again for the big show
    Atmosphere was amazing,craic was 90 results on the main was positive.

Tonight will go down as one of the top wrassslin nights of all time, I do not post much in PW but i suspect my photo will be in the recollection thread and a free pint next year for who guess's me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Excellent meet up lads, so good the gardai came and turfed us out. GREAT atmosphere, i think it turned a 6/10 show into 8.5. Jericho/Punk really did steal the show, not being able to do any of the drama Trips/Taker were allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Charisteas, i apologise if i repeated myself alot during our conversation... I had 4 or 5 pitchers....

Great night, fantastic atmosphere, though i was on the receiving end of too many knife-edge chops+woo's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Good auld laugh enjoyed meself so did me mates. Hopefully wont be last wrestlemania event in Dublin.
    Talked to one fella off of here thanks to a lot of drink forget his name!!!! My only problem was the seating and sound. Hopefully soon we will be able to have night like this in a more suited venue I guess at this stage just thankfull it happened!! :-)

Overall great laugh really good crowd whatever about wrestlemania the nite it self didn't let us down!!!

Fair play everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

highlight of the night..

tables beside the statue of liberty had 2 boards guys i believe and one female?

the women was so drunk got thrown out but before this she sat on my mates lap and are whole area started chanting "cj got a bonner"

if anyone can find famous flora in a cm punk top help us out!!

what a nigh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

All I can say after last night is...wow.

Everyone there took the original idea and turned it into something else, something really special. The atmosphere was unreal. Everyone was on top form and just wanted to have a good night, highlighted mainly by the fact that I believe there was no trouble whatsoever.

I apologise for not being able to get the classic matches on all screens, from about 6pm it felt as if things just weren't going our way and a bunch of freak happenings came one after another meaning we had to change plans on the fly. As I was saying "You can have every fine detail planned but you still just have to wing it on the night." You've no idea how relieved I was once the WWE signature came on the screen for the PPV. We'd no reason to believe it wouldn't, just the way every plan had switched to Plan B made it feel like we may have had to come up with another solution. I think we pulled it together well in the end though and it seems like everyone had a great night...so job done thankfully! :)

Thanks so much for everything guys. Without boards.ie, the night simply wouldn't have happened, plain and simple. It was your enthusiasm at the start that made me determined to find a venue because I knew that people would go for it and I hope you all got as good a night as you hoped for.

And don't worry guys, you won't be stuck for options for 'Mania 29. I'm sure some of you recognised the bouncer from The Woolshed, for example, walking around taking pics to show them what they missed out on. Other places are going to see the success of this and jump all over it. We've all started something very cool here and wrestling fans in Ireland are going to have a lot more choice from now on. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

The pics from last night will be available via my Facebook or Captain's page. I hope to have them up in the next day or two.

Now, who's in for Summerslam? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Fukin dying.

Quality night, muchos gracias Leggo. ;) Only beef I'd have is last orders not being announced. :pac::pac::pac:

They did the usual flash the lights on and off when it was last orders!

Also wanted to say that it felt very emotional after the Taker/Hunter match, it was awesome!
    Good job Leggo

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Getting ****faced and watching Mania... nothing beats it! Besides being so ****faced u wake up the next morning with no memory of watching Mania so you get to relive it a second time!!!

WINNING!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Good lord, what a night.

Paying for it today but it was worth it.

Cannot remember a ting after 3pm but it was awesome up until then.
    also, I lost my phone and I think i still might be drunk.

Leggo, you sir are a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Excellent night. And I'm not dying. :cool:

Something special happened last night. The place coming alive at every near fall was excellent, especially when HBK
    counted a 2 count which sounded like a 3.
    I think the awesomeness of the crowd can be summed up in one example. "Press select!" :D

Still feel hard done by we couldn't do my Sheamus chant btw... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

leggo wrote: »
    Still feel hard done by we couldn't do my Sheamus chant btw... :D

It probably would have only been
    chanted once seeing as the match was 18 seconds! :pac:

• Advertisement

between that and the US army guys getting boo'ed i didn't know what to think! Sheamo getting heat too :confused: Great stuff, had a blast; met @CM_Punked Charisteas and Denny at the show. Reading posts/tweets from last night, our own crowd reaction made the show. Mental for the closing sequences of the big match

Leggo you're a legend! Hope we can get this again either for S'Slam (card depending!) or Rumble :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thought it was brilliant, it was nice to meet a few of the boardsies too. The crowd in Captain's certainly made the night a lot better, probably the most fun I've had watching a PPV ever!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Leggo you're a legend! Hope we can get this again either for S'Slam (card depending!) or Rumble :)

Nail on the head there, I'd happily do it again and Rumble is almost a cert in my mind but SummerSlam is really down to what WWE give us and if the interest is there. If it is, it's happening. Captain's loved it too (well except for the staff who probably had to stay til 5-6am cleaning up) so they'll go for it if I decide to.

I'm glad me and my mates got there early enough to get seats in the Live section, started getting a bit crowded in there.
    I am still on a buzz, was so much fun, even with everyone singing along to the themes before Mania started

• Registered Users Posts: 11,564 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Unbelievably good night! Thanks to captain a's but especially Leggo, organised a cracking night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I feel horrific today.

Thanks for organising an insanely good night, leggo. The banter was amazing, especially in the main event. Brilliant, brilliant night.

Ha ha, yeah people singing along to Sexy Boy was awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My voice had almost gone by the end what with all the singing. Couldn't do any 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's after about 1am.

CENA SUCKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

we were by the entrance. Got a bit of slagging for my Daniel Bryan Tshirt, especially after that travesty.

What a night though. Started a load of chants, voice gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

An absolutely brilliant night. Fair play to Leggo for organising this, and to everyone else involved. Captains was cool, nice food, cheap beer! I think the boardsies drank them dry almost!

The atmosphere was electric, especially for the hell in the cell match.

Advertisement