Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

voices such as yours, whose only purpose is drag people down to your level.

ffs...I'm trying to raise people up to my level !

Remember - cutting out the cancer is the first step to a cure ;)

Analogically speaking, ditching Big Phil will be a good first step :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

100% I'll not pay it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The alternative to landlords (necessary for those who do no want to own a property but want to rent) is more social housing which will lead to greater taxes.

PocketAA wrote: »
    So consider this - We pay 100euros as a charge.
    Government can plan to take less of our incremental earnings wages increases through direct taxation

Those who are Land Lord Wannabees pay for the privilege

In the future the worker pays VAT, property based charges and and income tax at a level that can stimulate the economy.

Less people want to become Landlords......

Landlord eh ? powerful word in this Nations history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Government can plan to take less of our incremental earnings wages increases through direct taxation

In the future the worker pays VAT, property based charges and and income tax at a level that can stimulate the economy.

You seem obsessed with landlords

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You seem obsessed with landlords

Well I dont blame him for many years I lived in america and coming back here I seen my fair share of gangsters play the landlord game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well I dont blame him for many years I lived in america and coming back here I seen my fair share of gangsters play the landlord game.

Yea, but home owners are not landlords.

steddyeddy wrote: »

The LA housing authority could teach those gangsters a thing or two. They place unsocial families into quite neighbourhoods and clean their hands of the trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 PocketAA

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The alternative to landlords (necessary for those who do no want to own a property but want to rent) is more social housing which will lead to greater taxes.
    landlords serve required function in a balanced housing market...but I hope you would agree with me that "less" rather than "more" would be the preference on our path to recovery ? :)

Originally Posted by PocketAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

hondasam wrote: »
    It will be a lot more than a €100 that's for sure.

I'm not paying unless everyone pays with no exceptions, If I have to pay for the local amenities than everyone should pay.

Everyone who pays tax, pays for public services.

What does it matter if this comes out of your salary or property?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Once again:I don't have mains water, mains sewage - no hope of getting either, public transport here (Killurin, 6 miles from Wexford) is a bus once a week to town, roads are ****e, three houses down the road dump their sewage and waste water straight into the Slaney i00 yards from a public quay. Remind me again what services I should pay the flocking household charge for?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    The LA housing authority could teach those gangsters a thing or two. They place unsocial families into quite neighbourhoods and clean their hands of the trouble.

True some states are dodgy but some of the tenancy laws here are from the dark ages.

I'd rather the private sector pick up the bill than the public sector. We need to private sector to create jobs and in order to do that the government needs to live up to its promises on upward only rents/leases and rates.

SMAs are our future along with agriculture. At the moment the current government has put all of its eggs in the export basket and abandoned our domestic economy. They wanted us to go out and spend and they increase VAT. We have seen how that has already hit the business sector. Fuel prices are increasing every week (over 50% you pay at the pump goes into the governments pocket), self employed people are getting less work and in some cases it has dried up. No safety net for them yet they pay just as much tax as PAYE workers and also collect VAT for the government. Why didn't they lower VAT on professional fees if they are concerned about doctor, solicitors and other professionals.
    landlords serve required function in a balanced housing market...but I hope you would agree with me that "less" rather than "more" would be the preference on our path to recovery ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sour grapes for being refused a mortgage?

Shatter is a douchbag who has made a living out of misery and divorce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Everyone who pays tax, pays for public services.

What does it matter if this comes out of your salary or property?

The ones who don't pay tax, they still use the public services.

It matters because it's another tax on workers/home owners. Do you not think the worker pays enough all ready? Most workers have had pay cuts all ready, we cannot be expected to work for nothing.

noddyone2 wrote: »
    Once again:I don't have mains water, mains sewage - no hope of getting either, public transport here (Killurin, 6 miles from Wexford) is a bus once a week to town, roads are ****e, three houses down the road dump their sewage and waste water straight into the Slaney i00 yards from a public quay. Remind me again what services I should pay the flocking household charge for?
    Noddy
    Ma says you have to get down from that bleedin treehouse and come in for your tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Nice to see the local town hall open on a Saturday for once. Looking forward to seeing the face on that sh1tebag when he gets axed under Ednas review programme.

Hogan and Sherlock, coming to an unemployment office near you in 2016.

This is typical of our government instead of trying to get up to pay up they are just annoying people more with their attitude.
    We need to get a life all right and they need to think up another way to screw us. They will bring everyone to court :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

This is typical of our government instead of trying to get up to pay up they are just annoying people more with their attitude.
    We need to get a life all right and they need to think up another way to screw us. They will bring everyone to court :pac:

In fairness, it's only been the FG-ers who've been threatening, bullying, and generally acting the dick about it. Labour's hands are tied, since they're sharing power with FG. Although I would respect them a lot more if they objected to the behaviour of the likes of Varadkar, Hogan, and Shatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Sionach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

These taxes can have unforeseen consequences - there is already a huge amount of illegal dumping going on all over the country and I have no doubt it will increase.

No doubt some people will think 'fcuk it, I've paid my €100, I may as well get some value for it' and dump their waste on the side of the road. It is ironic that whilst the local authority has the job of cleaning it up they do not get caught for the disposal costs, this bill is in fact paid for by the department of the environment of which Phil Hogan is the boss.

Remember......

"people who don't pay the fee can be brought before the courts and fined for their non-compliance"

The_Thing wrote: »
    These taxes can have unforeseen consequences - there is already a huge amount of illegal dumping going on all over the country and I have no doubt it will increase.

No doubt some people will think 'fcuk it, I've paid my €100, I may as well get some value for it' and dump their waste on the side of the road. It is ironic that whilst the local authority has the job of cleaning it up they do not get caught for the disposal costs, this bill is in fact paid for by the department of the environment of which Phil Hogan is the boss.

wtf, you think people who pays the €100 and who also pay bin charges will just dump their rubbish on the side of the road.

Get over it pay 100euros

Reduce Income tax in favour of fixed property taxes

Reward the worker - Reward Innovation

reduce the burden on direct wage taxation !!

UP HOUSEHOLD CHARGE - DOWN WITH UNIVERSAL SOCIAL CHARGE AND INCOMETAX

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Sionach

If everyone paid this charge would we get free waste collection service. Would people no longer have to pay management companies to provide the services that this charge is supposed to be for. I doubt it some how.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Remember......

"people who don't pay the fee can be brought before the courts and fined for their non-compliance"

Mod.

I can also read your deleted posts.

Do not post in this thread again, as per various on thread warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

wtf, you think people who pays the €100 and who also pay bin charges will just dump their rubbish on the side of the road.

Not everyone pays bin charges.

it's already happening, unfortunately. Last week there was about 20 bags of waste dumped behind a clothes bank near to where I work. Luckily for the council it was on private property and the owners of the clothes bank took it away for disposal.

• Advertisement

Sionach wrote: »
    If everyone paid this charge would we get free waste collection service. Would people no longer have to pay management companies to provide the services that this charge is supposed to be for. I doubt it some how.

No we still pay bin charges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement