Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Labonth ??? Your man with 1 hit to his name in earthquake, that should be s*it to say the least.

I reckon they got him in because of the audience that will be there, it's basically a pop concert if we are going tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H41xdJoW6g

we need more of this and less of his gayer new stuff.even though i still like it,his older material was way better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

alexsmith wrote: »
    we need more of this and less of his gayer new stuff.even though i still like it,his older material was way better

One of my favorite Drake songs but it wouldn't get the crowd going at a concert or get many plays on the radio. Easy to say he should do more like this but while it's a great track, it's not one that would sell millions of albums or fill arenas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone looking for tickets for the gig or the VIP bash, checkk out Rap Ireland today:
    RAP IRELAND

As you know by now, LABRINTH is supporting DRAKE on Saturday... And to celebrate, from 9am tomorrow morning, RAP IRELAND & RTE's SPEAKERBOXX will be giving away 2 Tickets to the Concert & 2 Tickets to the Rap Ireland VIP Party... The Ultimate Night in Dublin!! Stay tuned!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can we please put an end to the fathers uncles sister type comments on the thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

rap ireland confirming that lamar and ASAP are on the european tour but wont be playing ireland, now that is some bullsh*t in fairness.

we get labrinth :D, thank f*ck i didnt take a chance on buying a ticket for this.

http://www.facebook.com/officialrapireland

Check this out - http://kendricklamar.org/category/concerts/

Official Kendrick Lemar website that has him listed on the Dublin date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Check this out - http://kendricklamar.org/category/concerts/

Official Kendrick Lemar website that has him listed on the Dublin date.

Not an official site, it's a fansite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

Can we please put an end to the fathers uncles sister type comments on the thread please.

what is wrong with makiing a few jokes on the thread, or is humour strictly forbidden? even A V A made fun of himself just there for it, so he clearly isn't feeling 'bullied' if that's the reason you asked them to stop.

I don't think rap ireland are correct on that front.. i posted a link earlier on where ASAP clearly implied he was finished touring with drake and wasnt going with him to europe. plus, we all know kendrick has a tour date on the 27th.. that means after the night in london on the 26th he would fly all the way to arizona the next day to catch that concert, then fly all the way back to europe to join drake for the rest of the tour? highly unlikely.

• Advertisement

IslandKid wrote: »
    what is wrong with makiing a few jokes on the thread, or is humour strictly forbidden? even A V A made fun of himself just there for it, so he clearly isn't feeling 'bullied' if that's the reason you asked them to stop.

I don't think rap ireland are correct on that front.. i posted a link earlier on where ASAP clearly implied he was finished touring with drake and wasnt going with him to europe. plus, we all know kendrick has a tour date on the 27th.. that means after the night in london on the 26th he would fly all the way to arizona the next day to catch that concert, then fly all the way back to europe to join drake for the rest of the tour? highly unlikely.

You have already had an on-thread warning for debating a mod decision on thread. Official Warning has been issued.

Humour is not forbidden, but there are reasons for this particular trend to be stopped on this thread. These reasons will not be discussed openly on thread.

no idea what an infraction is.. but aright man

edit: it's been changed to warning, im guessing not as big as infraction..?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cdotb

What's the story with the standing floor actually? Was only at a seating gig previously, is the floor pretty small? I may be there a bit late, will I end up stuck miles down the back or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm sitting tomorrow but I still can't wait.
    And one question, are you allowed bring bags with you to the o2? If so would it be possible to get drink in? I've been to the o2 before and I'm not paying them prices for drinks again :/
    And Labrinth is a joke really, I'm not impressed. Either way I'll be in early.

I'm sitting tomorrow but I still can't wait.
    And one question, are you allowed bring bags with you to the o2? If so would it be possible to get drink in? I've been to the o2 before and I'm not paying them prices for drinks again :/
    And Labrinth is a joke really, I'm not impressed. Either way I'll be in early.

You can bring bags in but they sometimes search them (it's hit and miss) I have a feeling they'll be searching them at this concert. If you have drink in the bag , they'll take it off you.

they'll defo check bags at this one

Please dont discuss ways of bringing booze into the venue. Not allowed here.

Please dont discuss ways of bringing booze into the venue. Not allowed here.

drinks* not booze. no one mentioned alcohol in fairness. we could be talking about coca cola.. anyways i actually emailed them about this and they told me that if your coke bottle or whatever is sealed then you're allowed to bring it in. otherwise they may take it off you and/or will def sniff it to see if there is alcohol in it. if there is no alcohol you can bring it in. you could always keep the coke bottle in someone's bra ;)

I get the impression that the few people talking about bringing their own drink in probably aren't old enough to buy alcohol.

i highly doubt they said you can bring a full bottle in with cap on it :rolleyes: not a chance you would be let in !!!!! they take the caps off when a bottled drink is sold inside to prevent them from being thrown!!! anything fully bottled and sealed is like a rocket when thrown through the air!!!

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    i highly doubt they said you can bring a full bottle in with cap on it :rolleyes: not a chance you would be let in !!!!! they take the caps off when a bottled drink is sold inside to prevent them from being thrown!!! anything fully bottled and sealed is like a rocket when thrown through the air!!!

I think IslandKid means, they'll let you take in your drink so long as its a new bottle (unopened) and they'll take the lid off you. But if the drink is already opened you can't take it in with you. I suppose as a way to ensure you won't bring in a water bottle filled with vodka, for example.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I get the impression that the few people talking about bringing their own drink in probably aren't old enough to buy alcohol.

Or they genuinely think the o2 prices for alcohol are overpriced......

dee. wrote: »

thank you. i get the impression that pretty boy is a close minded kind of guy. there is often more than one explanation to things mate

for people wanting to know about the after party - there's your answer..

https://twitter.com/#!/ovoHush/status/183235779307384832

they dont even know yet so everyone advertising about it is fake, i guess follow him on twitter if you really wanna go. for those who dont know hush is drake's friend, he is mentioned in miss me to name just one song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

What do ye say the average age of this will be? I'm 26, will I be surrouned by screaming kids?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cdotb

What do ye say the average age of this will be? I'm 26, will I be surrouned by screaming kids?!

You say it like it's a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

cdotb wrote: »
    You say it like it's a bad thing

That's kind of creepy.

dee. wrote: »
    Alcohol is overpriced everywhere, not just The O2.
    IslandKid wrote: »
    thank you. i get the impression that pretty boy is a close minded kind of guy.
    Not really, I know where you're coming from. I used to smuggle drinks into clubs when I was younger. Never said there was anything wrong with it, just get the impression that a few of the posters here are under 18 or barely there. That's all...

the take care video is on hold for some reason, something to do with being on the way to dublin ,was on his twitter

• Advertisement

Woo, today is the day! Not too happy I woke up at 6am..couldn't sleep with excitement!

Was checking all day yesterday for the Take Care video, don't see anything on drakes twitter about it

(edit: Nvm, i see the tweet now)

Advertisement