Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy (including discount codes) & other links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Going to take the plunge and buy this off Bargainvapour. Does anyone have any discount codes? Also, is there anything else I need to buy to get started? complete noob, thanks.
    Not sure what you are ordering, but...

Tbh, if you are starting off, I would stick with www.irishvapers.ie who are well proven and respected here - use coupon code BOARDS for 10% off (NB be careful to put the code on the first cart screen).

Definitely worth your while going for the Black iMist rather than the Silver one, imo. With the 10% off, it will come to €54 rather than €55 from BargainVapour.... (Silver would be €49.50 rather than €45 - but seriously, get the Black one! :D)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Was the silver imist i was going for, have placed the order, looking forward to not smelling like a walking ashtray:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

What is the difference between the black and the silver imists, I'm really fascinated to know why one kit is €10 more expensive when the only difference I can see is the color!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

eeloe wrote: »
    What is the difference between the black and the silver imists, I'm really fascinated to know why one kit is €10 more expensive when the only difference I can see is the color!
    Think of a car body with a bare stainless steel body versus one with a baked on, top quality gloss metallic deep paint job and you're getting there.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Anybody ever dry burn an iMist? I tried mine last night but I spent ages but still didn't get the red coil and was trying not to use up all my battery. I think mine improved a bit after the dry burnish that I did though. Less chemically/burnt taste. I do think it's a lovely piece of kit though. So so easy to clean.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizers-p-129.html

huh
    an irish supplier now selling SR boge's. hope no one makes the mistake or ordering them for an ego battery, but good news for variabe voltage owners

http://www.healthcabin.net/

also healthcabin having a sale from the 18-22nd for international welsh pirate victims day.

not the greatest sale they've ever had, but if you were planning on making an order from them.. it might be worth bumping it up to 80 dollars to get the 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

huh
    an irish supplier now selling SR boge's. hope no one makes the mistake or ordering them for an ego battery, but good news for variabe voltage owners

Can these be used in tanks as they only sell the black ones? I think I remember someone saying that the black coating can be peeled off but I'm not sure.

newmark wrote: »
    Can these be used in tanks as they only sell the black ones? I think I remember someone saying that the black coating can be peeled off but I'm not sure.

I got my answer in Sir Digsbys post in carto tanks thread:)

heh
    they can, technically.
    but it's a monstrous pain in the tits to get the black sticker off, and then you still have to deal with cleaning all the glue off. it's just not worth it.

still, for tankless carto vaping on a LT, can't go wrong with SR boge's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

huh

Why do you say not to use on an Ego battery. Is it because you think they are "too cool" a vape for normal tobacco flavours. I've read elsewhere that that the 2.7 ohm are not great for tobaccon flavour, but work well on fruity / sweet flavours?

achieve wrote: »
    Why do you say not to use on an Ego battery. Is it because you think they are "too cool" a vape for normal tobacco flavours. I've read elsewhere that that the 2.7 ohm are not great for tobaccon flavour, but work well on fruity / sweet flavours?

2.7ohm cartomiser need a higher voltage than an ego battery to work, the ego battery is approx 3.6 volts, while the 2.7 ohm cartomisers need around the 5 volts to work properly.

a 2.7-3ohm carto will have terrible performance on an ego battery
    the resistance is far too high for a 3.7-3.4v ego device. you'll get a tiny amount of vapour, flavour and throat hit.. and it'll feel like you're sucking on an ice cube it's that cold.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77582285&postcount=88

there's a chart in this post showing different ohm/volt/watts and such

--edit

for the tobacco v fruity ones, i think its possible you were reading about high voltage vaping. I have seen people sayy that 2ohm cartos are better for tobaccos at high volts because at a higher voltage, you get more wattage which leads to more throathit and a more "cigarette" like experience, whereas with the 2.7-3ohm cartos the wattage is a bit lower so it's not kicking you in the back of the throat as much.
    I just use 3ohms all the time anyway, they give enough throathit and flavour for me with my tobacco juices.. using the 2ohms at higher voltages is a bit much for me

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

eeloe wrote: »

Hi i got the gun metal imist and i must say i should have taken the silver one,
    as the gunmetal paint rubbs off/ comes off fairly fast in places.
    Its not a deal breaker but worth mentioning...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Esel wrote: »
    Not sure what you are ordering, but...

Tbh, if you are starting off, I would stick with www.irishvapers.ie who are well proven and respected here - use coupon code BOARDS for 10% off (NB be careful to put the code on the first cart screen).

Definitely worth your while going for the Black iMist rather than the Silver one, imo. With the 10% off, it will come to €54 rather than €55 from BargainVapour.... (Silver would be €49.50 rather than €45 - but seriously, get the Black one! :D)

I don't make a habit of clarifying things for vendors but I did get a request from BargainVapour to clarify the above which on this one occasion I'm willing to do. BargainVapour appear to be selling the 1100mah version. I can't see what version Irish Vapers are selling as the site is down at the moment but is it the 900mah version? This may explain price differences.

we're being watched! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 PROJECTSKYLINE

Just waiting for authorization to post on Boards :)

Paul from B.V

a 2.7-3ohm carto will have terrible performance on an ego battery
    the resistance is far too high for a 3.7-3.4v ego device. you'll get a tiny amount of vapour, flavour and throat hit.. and it'll feel like you're sucking on an ice cube it's that cold.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77582285&postcount=88

there's a chart in this post showing different ohm/volt/watts and such

--edit

for the tobacco v fruity ones, i think its possible you were reading about high voltage vaping. I have seen people sayy that 2ohm cartos are better for tobaccos at high volts because at a higher voltage, you get more wattage which leads to more throathit and a more "cigarette" like experience, whereas with the 2.7-3ohm cartos the wattage is a bit lower so it's not kicking you in the back of the throat as much.
    I just use 3ohms all the time anyway, they give enough throathit and flavour for me with my tobacco juices.. using the 2ohms at higher voltages is a bit much for me

I've been using Boge 2.7 -3.0 ohm cartos all weekend, primarily on my Ego 650 battery, but also on a standard 510 battery "for the crack". Here are my findings. On first use, I thought there was something seriously wrong with the new Boge carto, as the taste was awful, even ended up throwing the first one in the bin. BUT, after doing a little research, it seems that I hadn't left the Boge carto long enough to soak up the juice properly. No rule of thumb, but definitely, the longer they are left to soak on first fill the better. I guess the filler material must be fairly dense.

For the past couple of months my day to day vape has been either a DCC or a Smokeymizer, at different resistance so I am used to switching between a hot and a somewhat cooler vape. The 3 ohm Boges do not produce a hot vape but "sucking on an icecube" might be using some literary license, but they do work on on 510 & Ego batteries, and are advertised all over the web as such, but I do note that a lot of vendors and manufacturers describe their use on a standard 3.7 volt battery as "mellow". I find it is a pleasant vape at this voltage, but does perhaps lack the "hit" that I would get from a DCC. I'm also surprised at how well they work on some tobacco flavours, but do think they work better on fruity type flavours. As part of my experimenting, I also tried various juices by dripping on a 510 atomizer and Boge 3.0 ohm and alternating between the two, and in fairness there is a BIG difference in taste. This may be another one of those "horses for courses" discussions.

dripping directly onto an atomiser will always give better flavour, it's just messier, fiddlier and you have to carry a bottle around with you at all times. plus you have to drip more juice in after every 3-4 inhales.

i honestly dont understand how you can be happy with a 3ohm carto on an ego battery, it's just awful.

Maybe my taste buds are getting hammered? I've been experimenting with lots of different flavours over the weekend, everything from Old Holborn, Chocolate, Golden Virginia, Irish Coffee, Menthol, Apple, Cinnamon and a couple of others I've already forgotten about. Strange really, when I smoked, I ONLY smoked Old Holborn for 27 years, and would drive 40 mile return trip, if my local shop had run out.

But with vaping there is so much choice (too much maybe?) But getting back to Boge 3.0 ohm on a 3.7 volt battery, that's what I'm doing now as I write and it really is pleasant. But to further my research, tomorrrow I will leave the Boges aside for a day, go back to my DCC, and then revert to Boge again on wednesday, and see what I think then.

Maybe it's time for me to try a variable voltage device?

• Advertisement

maybe, but if a boge 3ohm is enough for you on an ego battery the more power to you and maybe you're better off not messing with a good thing

i just think you're insane
    :)

viks75 wrote: »
    Irishvapers seem to be out of stock on these. Anyone else knows some irish suppliers for IMIST? :rolleyes:

http://www.e-cigshop.eu/ and http://www.bargainvapour.com/

Think that new vendor Bargainvapour.ie supply them.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Imist_atomizer/p1274299_5879043.aspx

Nice kit but mine always gave a burnt taste. Must buy another though because most people seem to have had good experiences with them.

Try the ego-c either. Might be cheaper in the long run with 5 heads for 23 Euro and an LR option from The Vapour Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'd like add http://e-smokeireland.eu/ .

Seem really competitive with their kits but the juice is outstanding.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I'd like add http://e-smokeireland.eu/ .

Seem really competitive with their kits but the juice is outstanding.:)

Must find out if their eGo batteries are genuine and regulated voltage, €11 for 900mah is very decent inc. delivery !

I don't think Biansi batteries are regulated are they, anyone know?

Actually just spotted something, i know who to ask :)

hah, would you look at that. it is one of our own :)

Who is it??

i recognise the name, but im only 90% certain I can tie it to an ID as I deleted the relevant pm's.
    im sure they'll let us know themselves if they want people knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I'm guessing Wingnut? Because of "Wingnut's Kentucky Blend"

• Advertisement

rofl
    didnt even cop that
    yeah :)

Advertisement