Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah try bigger ones

if you're really being careful there's no reason for them to be thin, mine turn out like the picture

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

awec wrote: »
    Cookies stay whatever thickness you put them on the tray do they not?

they flatten out, especially if there are higher amount of sugar in the recipe

you are supposed to place the lace cookies i make sometimes sort of ball-like on the tray, then they flatten out into thin cookies

jane for the other cookies you are talking about, you are balling them up on the tray, right?
    they're not supposed to "rise", they're supposed to go round->flat

maybe if you make them again take a picture so i can see whats going on

this was my first batch using the recipe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00319.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00318.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    But they're like really flat.. They don't seem to be rising even a little bit. Maybe I need a different recipes. They're just not what I thought they should be but that could be my fault.

Edit: Yeah that's what I mean Dolorous. Recipe says a quarter of a cup per cookie and that's what I used. I'll try bigger next time and see what happens. They're turning out not even a centimetre thick. In my head cookies should be kinda big. I could be just being picky though.

Just admit it, you’re trying to make my choc chip Rusks aren’t you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Different styles of cookies turn out differently, some are meant to be thin and crispy, some are meant to be big fat monsters, adjust them to whatever way you like them, it's flexible enough on most recipes. The more sugar the more chewy the cookie, crispier cookies have less sugar.

I went for an hour long walk in the sunshine with the dog, undoing all that hard work now with some of the yummy semifreddo :)

• Advertisement

i thought thinner ones had more sugar since the sugar thins them?

well, we're using a monster recipe anyway
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Big-Fat-Chewy-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie/Detail.aspx

bluewolf wrote: »
    i thought thinner ones had more sugar since the sugar thins them?

Sorry I wasn't really talking about how thick or thin they are, just using sugar to show how recipes differ, and the more sugar in a cookie the chewier it is, that's why the best ones are the worst for you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ooh, the Leinster team for tomorrow is giving me the motions. Going to be a cracking game.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Return of BOD tomorrow against Ospreys :)

• Advertisement

Who yous got?

We're away to Treviso on saturday, should win that.

I'm sure Munster said the same thing about Aironi two weeks ago, ha ha!

BOD back, Leo back, Thorn starting. God I love rugby.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'm sure Munster said the same thing about Aironi two weeks ago, ha ha!

BOD back, Leo back, Thorn starting. God I love rugby.

It's amazing to read a post and have no clue what any of it means.

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's amazing to read a post and have no clue what any of it means.

Haha was just thinking the same :)

Have you decided where you're going for brunch and tapas yet?

Kiera wrote: »
    Haha was just thinking the same :)

Have you decided where you're going for brunch and tapas yet?

Nope, probably Herbstreet for brunch because it will suit our friends really well, undecided about tapas, will probably decide when we are bored off our faces on the bus to Dublin :)

Nope, probably Herbstreet for brunch because it will suit our friends really well, undecided about tapas, will probably decide when we are bored off our faces on the bus to Dublin :)

I think Maple said the Port House for tapas. I heard its fab in there. We need more tapas places in Dublin!

Are you up here for wedding stuff?

I think Maple said the Port House for tapas. I heard its fab in there. We need more tapas places in Dublin!

Are you up here for wedding stuff?

Going to Coronas gig, won tickets few weeks ago :) Going trying on dresses Monday purely because I might as well do it while I'm in Dublin instead of making a trip up especially. Going to one dress shop then off to Ikea with my friend and her giant jeep, woohoo!

Going to Coronas gig, won tickets few weeks ago :) Going trying on dresses Monday purely because I might as well do it while I'm in Dublin instead of making a trip up especially. Going to one dress shop then off to Ikea with my friend and her giant jeep, woohoo!

Oh nice one. One of the girls in work just bought a lilac wedding dress :)

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, I've just remembered I'm on the block for our baking morning in work tomorrow.

So not in the humour of baking tonight :mad:

Oh nice one. One of the girls in work just bought a lilac wedding dress :)

Oh....lovely :o (lilac should be eradicated as colour IMO)

• Advertisement

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, I've just remembered I'm on the block for our baking morning in work tomorrow.

So not in the humour of baking tonight :mad:

Make chocolate biscuit cake, dead easy...does it count as baking?

Edit: I just put a collar on the kitten, she doesn't like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

She will get used to it. Funny watching them trying to get it off.

Make chocolate biscuit cake, dead easy...does it count as baking?

I made that the last time I was on duty. Correction, chocolate ginger nut cake. Makes alllllll the difference!

I'm going to do banana & peanut butter muffins and a caramelised onion quiche, cause I like savoury things!

She will get used to it. Funny watching them trying to get it off.

I know, the older cat has had a million collars, this is her first one and the bell is driving her cracked, she doesn't know whether to play with it or kill it. She broke the bell off the older cat's collar, so now she has her own one!!

I made that the last time I was on duty. Correction, chocolate ginger nut cake. Makes alllllll the difference!

I'm going to do banana & peanut butter muffins and a caramelised onion quiche, cause I like savoury things!

Oh that sounds good, gimme.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sounds like you might have a slow puncture in there. You tried replacing the tube?

Yeah changed it twice and it repunctured a mile later, twice...

Think I'll get someone else to do it, must be missing something in the tyre.

I meant make it for me but I suppose the recipe will have to do :rolleyes::p Thanks! :)

Oh....lovely :o (lilac should be eradicated as colour IMO)

Yeah she’s a little “out there”. She’s also having a silent disco for 2 hours instead of a dj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Yeah she’s a little “out there”. She’s also having a silent disco for 2 hours instead of a dj.

Is she actually going to get a full silent disco gig or is she just telling everyone to bring their own ipod?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement