Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

All I can say is that i hope Lori's baby is still born and we get an re-enactment of that famous Alien scene

Hyzepher wrote: »
    All I can say is that i hope Lori's baby is still born and we get an re-enactment of that famous Alien scene

"When Jesus talked about the resurrection of the dead, I thought he had somethin different in mind" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

"When Jesus talked about the resurrection of the dead, I thought he had somethin different in mind" :D

Haha loved that line:Dlove hershel hope he never dies. Think hes turned out to be one of the most complex,interesting and unannoying characters on the show. Really thought he was gona bite it when the zombie was coming up behind him and I was actually shouting at the telly for him to get out of the way:p. Like maggie aswell, she was annying at the beginning but now I really like her:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hyzepher wrote: »

Haha:D But on a more serious note does anyone else think the baby might be born a zombie and maybe kill lori ? I think that definitely a possiblity.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Haha:D But on a more serious note does anyone else think the baby might be born a zombie and maybe kill lori ? I think that definitely a possiblity.

We can hope can't we?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

feeney92 wrote: »
    I think it could go either way!! At the end of the day they carry the disease so it could be born a zombie or be born a person thats not affected by them i.e the zombies cant smell or see them.....

I'm a bit lost on what the zombies can or can't do in this show but I'm pretty sure they're not blind to things they don't want to eat. and don't they attack anything that moves like cows and dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

feeney92 wrote: »
    I think it could go either way!! At the end of the day they carry the disease so it could be born a zombie or be born a person thats not affected by them i.e the zombies cant smell or see them.....

taking a major example, HIV/AIDS, it's not certain that it gets passed from mother to child. Without preventive steps, there is a 25% chance of a baby getting HIV/AIDS from the mother, with preventive steps it's 2-3%.

Who knows what the writers will do but logically there's no reason the baby has to have it. The fact the virus might be airborne means the baby will catch it anyway but i wouldnt hold any high hopes for any Alien style birth scene!!

Chances are Herschel will use his ninja Vet skills to deliver a normal baby. If the baby was somehow "immune" to the virus then that would be a game changer in a respect and provide "hope" for humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I really enjoyed seeing Dale get bumped off. He was spoiling all the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Great last episode. I'm bummed Rick has become a psycho he was such a great good guy character :( Andrew Lincoln is an impressive actor!

When is season 3 out?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

MungBean wrote: »
    And comparing calling her badass based on that 5 seconds screen time to the complaints about the poor writing throughout the first two series is just stupid.
    Well it seems to me that every little decision the group has taken so far has led to someone on the net calling the characters or writers stupid. From Lori going for a drive into town to find her husband, Dale going for a strole at night, to Rick deciding to save a kids life. None particularly galling to me. So I can only imagine what people would have said if Miconne never existed in the comic, and in the show Andrea suddenly decided to chop up a couple of zombies and chain them to herself to mask her smell and go for a walk through the woods, and not only that but it actually worked and she became a sort of robed ninja with a sword? Well the makers would be laughed at all over the net. But as I said TV and Comic's are very different medium and what works in one won't work in another.
    bb1234567 wrote: »
    Hahabiggrin.gif But on a more serious note does anyone else think the baby might be born a zombie and maybe kill lori ? I think that definitely a possiblity.
    Well if it died in the womb, presumably it would turn. But it wouldn't have any teeth or nails so we wouldn't have an alien type scene for certain. Might just kill Lori slowly unless Herschel performs an undead abortion...? Might be a tad dark... Dale would have certainly been pro-choice but presumably Herschel would be pro-(un)life. Hmmmmm, this is sounding quite good now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Well it seems to me that every little decision the group has taken so far has led to someone on the net calling the characters or writers stupid. From Lori going for a drive into town to find her husband, Dale going for a strole at night, to Rick deciding to save a kids life. None particularly galling to me. So I can only imagine what people would have said if Miconne never existed in the comic, and in the show Andrea suddenly decided to chop up a couple of zombies and chain them to herself to mask her smell and go for a walk through the woods, and not only that but it actually worked and she became a sort of robed ninja with a sword? Well the makers would be laughed at all over the net. But as I said TV and Comic's are very different medium and what works in one won't work in another.

Yeah but none of that happened did it :confused:. All that has happened is a new character appeared that we know nothing of, I havent read the comics so I dont know who she is or what her story is I can only comment on what I have seen which is a hooded figure chained to a couple walkers with a sword, theres nothing to say she's a ninja ffs. So me saying she seems badass based on what I saw is not at odds with me criticising poor writing in other parts of the show.

Yeah but none of that happened did it :confused:. All that has happened is a new character appeared that we know nothing of, I havent read the comics so I dont know who she is or what her story is I can only comment on what I have seen which is a hooded figure chained to a couple walkers with a sword, theres nothing to say she's a ninja ffs. So me saying she seems badass based on what I saw is not at odds with me criticising poor writing in other parts of the show.
    Well now I'm confused too. Sorry wasn't quoting you at all when I mentioned 'badass.' Must have picked up your use of it sub consciously, and it has been used a lot on this thread. I was just referring to nit pickers in general who seem to have a disconnect to what is sensible and realistic between the show and the comic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Well now I'm confused too. Sorry wasn't quoting you at all when I mentioned 'badass.' Must have picked up your use of it sub consciously, and it has been used a lot on this thread. I was just referring to nit pickers in general who seem to have a disconnect to what is sensible and realistic between the show and the comic.

Well I'd be a nit picker in general but the comic doesnt come in to it. Most of the criticism in this thread has little to do with the comic and only relates to what is sensible and realistic in the context of the show, the show isnt the comic. The bits you mentioned that people were criticising are not at odds with liking or being intrigued by this new character so I still dont understand what they have to do with one another.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A strong ending - albeit off the back of a very basic plotline. I actually think throwing in the mysterious pals of Randall would have made the episode more interesting, rather than the prolonged zombie carnage we got. Not that I'm complaining mind you, a little action and tension did the series a world of good. That being said - a bit galling they merely bumped off characters nobody knew the names of.

The last episode did make me realise that I'm glad Hershel is alive - to be fair to the writers he was a good character, strongly acted too & deserved more time; I would have been annoyed were he killed in the last story. I'm going to guess he will now replace Dale as the voice of humanity & reason in the third series.

All that said - maybe the fans of the comic are salivating at the prospect of Michonne (sp), but as an introduction I actually laughed out loud. It was obviously a piece of fan-service, but the scene just felt utterly ludicruous, like we'd suddenly stepped into another genre altogether. The hood, chained zombies & samurai sword? Good god that was hilariously awful. Give the character a chance I know, but yeesh - cheestastic.

So I can only imagine what people would have said if Miconne never existed in the comic, and in the show Andrea suddenly decided to chop up a couple of zombies and chain them to herself to mask her smell and go for a walk through the woods, and not only that but it actually worked and she became a sort of robed ninja with a sword?
    Yeah but none of that happened did it :confused:All that has happened is a new character appeared that we know nothing of, I havent read the comics so I dont know who she is or what her story is I can only comment on what I have seen which is a hooded figure chained to a couple walkers with a sword, theres nothing to say she's a ninja ffs
    Well it's the only possible explanation I can think of that she would look like that. Unless she was a dominatrix in her previous life and they were her pet gimps that she liked to keep chained up behind her. But when the zombie apocalypse happened she fled but not before her gimps were attacked and disarmed but she lost the keys to their chains so now she has to walk around with them all of the time. Yes I made up the ninja bit, but it was a joke on how she was introduced, like some sort of Jedi. As the poster above said, it was like a different genre (pretty much agree with everything else also, particularly Herschel)
    Well I'd be a nit picker in general but the comic doesnt come in to it. Most of the criticism in this thread has little to do with the comic and only relates to what is sensible and realistic in the context of the show, the show isnt the comic. The bits you mentioned that people were criticising are not at odds with liking or being intrigued by this new character so I still dont understand what they have to do with one another.
    So yes I found her few seconds so far unrealistic in the context of the show, much more so then a lot of things that the show has previously been criticized for. I think they will tone her down next season, or at least I hope they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Well it's the only possible explanation I can think of that she would look like that. Unless she was a dominatrix in her previous life and they were her pet gimps that she liked to keep chained up behind her. But when the zombie apocalypse happened she fled but not before her gimps were attacked and disarmed but she lost the keys to their chains so now she has to walk around with them all of the time. Yes I made up the ninja bit, but it was a joke on how she was introduced, like some sort of Jedi. As the poster above said, it was like a different genre (pretty much agree with everything else also, particularly Herschel)

So yes I found her few seconds so far unrealistic in the context of the show, much more so then a lot of things that the show has previously been criticized for. I think they will tone her down next season, or at least I hope they do.

I'm struggling to find what's unrealistic considering you only saw her for a few seconds? Is there any bit of elaboration as to why it's unrealistic?

Michonne-Walking-Dead-Danai-Gurira-1024x576.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

killshane.jpg
    killshane2.jpg
    killshane3.jpg
    writingfictionfordummie.jpg

:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm struggling to find what's unrealistic considering you only saw her for a few seconds? Is there any bit of elaboration as to why it's unrealistic?

Michonne-Walking-Dead-Danai-Gurira-1024x576.jpg
    It's a question of tone I think, rather than realism: let's ignore for a moment the fact she's a character from the comic, has great popularity etc etc. Considered by those who don't know or care about the comics, her appearance - and more specifically the manner in which she's presented - is jarring against the rest of the series & the tone it conveyed throughout. The darkened, hooded cloak; the samurai sword; the dramatic pose: it just felt like someone from a Grindhouse film appeared to save the day.

Like I said myself, foolish to read too much into a fleeting appearance, but just it's tone was all wrong. Almost comic-book like in fact (yes yes, I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

pixelburp wrote: »
    All that said - maybe the fans of the comic are salivating at the prospect of Michonne (sp), but as an introduction I actually laughed out loud. It was obviously a piece of fan-service, but the scene just felt utterly ludicruous, like we'd suddenly stepped into another genre altogether. The hood, chained zombies & samurai sword? Good god that was hilariously awful. Give the character a chance I know, but yeesh - cheestastic.

You'd swear this was war and peace we are looking at.

Its a fictional account of a zombie apocalypse for gods sake - lighten up people.

And in that fictional zombie apocalypse, I would expect all manners of human nut cases to be doing all sorts of crazy stuff considering civilization at large has fallen apart.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im sure she'll be less comic-y in the next season, we were just seeing andreas shock/omgyousavedmylife through her eyes and to be fair if someone did save your life in that manner, you would see them as a god damn badass.. at least for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Almost comic-book like in fact (yes yes, I know)

And its good night from him....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Keyzer wrote: »

Its a fictional account of a zombie apocalypse for gods sake - lighten up people.

so if in season 3 the star trek enterprise beamed down commander worf and lt data to single handedly save earth from the zombie threat, you'd be cool with that?

It's a question of tone I think, rather than realism: let's ignore for a moment the fact she's a character from the comic, has great popularity etc etc. Considered by those who don't know or care about the comics, her appearance - and more specifically the manner in which she's presented - is jarring against the rest of the series & the tone it conveyed throughout. The darkened, hooded cloak; the samurai sword; the dramatic pose: it just felt like someone from a Grindhouse film appeared to save the day.

Like I said myself, foolish to read too much into a fleeting appearance, but just it's tone was all wrong. Almost comic-book like in fact (yes yes, I know)
    The cloak can be explained as they hadn't cast the role yet so obviously couldn't show a face, I genuinely don't see what's unrealistic about a sword in a zombie show, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

so if in season 3 the star trek enterprise beamed down commander worf and lt data to single handedly save earth from the zombie threat, you'd be cool with that?

FFS, use spoilers man!!!

Mr SmartAss ;)

How can two people singlehandedly do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mr SmartAss ;)

How can two people singlehandedly do something?

Data single handedly saves them. Worf suggests things and the crew ignore him. That is the way of trek. :)

And in that fictional zombie apocalypse, I would expect all manners of human nut cases to be doing all sorts of crazy stuff considering civilization at large has fallen apart.
    And its good night from him....

Jesus, this argument is getting tiresome on this thread by those trying to forgive any kind of wobbly logic that appears int he show; this idea that just because the show features zombies, that suddenly anything goes and we should just shut up if things seem a little off. I'm guessing then if Rick appears next season riding atop of a dinosaur that's ok - it's not like it's War and Peace eh? Maybe next season we'll learn that T-Dog can fly. But that's ok! Sure it's only a show with zombies in it!
    The cloak can be explained as they hadn't cast the role yet so obviously couldn't show a face, I genuinely don't see what's unrealistic about a sword in a zombie show, but that's just me.

That's not my point. It's the tone; her appearance was silly & cheesy in its execution. Silliness and cheesiness did not appear to be the tone they were going for up until that point. Like I said, not wanting to overanalyse, it was just dumb.

Kirby wrote: »
    Data single handedly saves them. Worf suggests things and the crew ignore him. That is the way of trek. :)
    Jesus, this argument is getting tiresome on this thread by those trying to forgive any kind of wobbly logic that appears int he show; this idea that just because the show features zombies, that suddenly anything goes and we should just shut up if things seem a little off. I'm guessing then if Rick appears next season riding atop of a dinosaur that's ok - it's not like it's War and Peace eh? Maybe next season we'll learn that T-Dog can fly. But that's ok! Sure it's only a show with zombies in it!

That's not my point. It's the tone; her appearance was silly & cheesy in its execution. Silliness and cheesiness did not appear to be the tone they were going for up until that point. Like I said, not wanting to overanalyse, it was just dumb.

Are you honestly comparing a woman who's backstory you know nothing about carrying a sword, to T-Dogg flying?

I honestly think you're reading too much into the apparent "tone" of it, let yourself enjoy the badassness of a heroine with a sword instead of being so serious.

• Advertisement

Are you honestly comparing a woman who's backstory you know nothing about carrying a sword, to T-Dogg flying?

I honestly think you're reading too much into the apparent "tone" of it, let yourself enjoy the badassness of a heroine with a sword instead of being so serious.
    Uhm, no, I don't think you're actually reading my posts. I'm mocking the previous poster who seems to think that because the show features zombies, anything goes & we should just wave it away no matter how jarring it might appear.

And I already said it's foolish to read too much into her appearance, I'm just criticizing the silly shift in tone during the episode. I didn't watch the show for bad-assery tbh, so you'll forgive me if I didn't squeal with excitement because oh look - a chic with a sword! :):rolleyes:

Advertisement