Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great to see Rick's balls finally dropping. All that was missing was him pimp slapping Lori.

tumblr_lzd79lAQQ21r5d224o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Great to see Rick's balls finally dropping. All that was missing was him pimp slapping Lori.

tumblr_lzd79lAQQ21r5d224o1_500.jpg

Think you mean his marbles dropping ... he's losing it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Naw, with bipolar Lori, his daughter Carlita and dopes like Carol 2nd guessing him, he should have shot someone in that last scene to make a point. He dragged them through 2 seasons of crap and they are still so ungrateful. Should have been a Ricktatorship long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

They need to kill Lori. Can't stand that moany high-horse bitch. She also went and got Shane killed who would have been awesome against the Governor.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

The show definitely is heading in the right direction and I guess there was a lot of zombies to satisfy a lot of viewers expectations when they started watching the show.

The most memorable scenes for me are from a comic reader is the "ninja lady" coming straight out of the comic and the last scene when they elevated the camera to see the building ahead of them.

Another tv show gone for a couple of months so probably going through the forum to find another show to watch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Block (8 wrote: »
    The show definitely is heading in the right direction and I guess there was a lot of zombies to satisfy a lot of viewers expectations when they started watching the show.

The most memorable scenes for me are from a comic reader is the "ninja lady" coming straight out of the comic and the last scene when they elevated the camera to see the building ahead of them.

Another tv show gone for a couple of months so probably going through the forum to find another show to watch :(
    game of thrones is back in 2 weeks, then when thats finnished breaking bad will be back, and not long after thats finnished the walking dead will be back and thats just the highlights:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

http://collider.com/the-walking-dead-danai-gurira/153417/

Cast members look back at the finale. Rick: Dat accent!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Good ep, who was the robed woman with 2 zombies chained to her ?

Also what was the significance of the prison at the end ? that place could be a perfect refuge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

jcf wrote: »
    Good ep, who was the robed woman with 2 zombies chained to her ?
    Those who read the comic book will recognise her immediately as she's a fan favourite. More will be revealed next series no doubt.
    jcf wrote: »
    Also what was the significance of the prison at the end ? that place could be a perfect refuge ?
    Rick says they'll camp the night where they are and in the morning search for a new place to stay which they can fortify and defend and lo and behold not 100% yards away there is a prison - all set for the next series. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/walking-dead-bad-ideas-season-finale.html

Anotehr good article about how season 2 was just bad idea after bad idea...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

zombaby.jpg
    With no teeth to speak of Ricks seems perfectly at ease with his newborn zombaby boy

carl.jpg
    Carl pops up where he shouldn't be ..... AGAIN !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

retalivity wrote: »
    http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/walking-dead-bad-ideas-season-finale.html

Anotehr good article about how season 2 was just bad idea after bad idea...
    Jesus that's some over the top nit picking in that article, a lot of the points are out of context too. I have far more of a problem with the false tension created in the finale. Characters not acting like themselves in order to push Rick into making his speech. And no way would he have explained Shane's death in that manner, almost giving the impression that he killed him in cold blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Amazing everyone got headshots while spinning around in a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Amazing everyone got headshots while spinning around in a car.

Clean head shots with a shotguns while hanging out car windows bouncing around a field at night. Gotta hand it to them, they are good.

I think that they should kill off Michonne in season 3 ... the character is so over the top in the comics that it will just look stupid on the show after a while.

That character is basically fan boy fodder and has no real place in the tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

feeney92 wrote: »
    Completly agree with that, shane turned into a nut case and he didnt want to kill him, he was pushed, but i suppose killing your best mate would change you??
    Yes that is what I'm sure the writers would say. But he seemed kind of calm when he was trying to talk to Carl before and after the Zombie attack but then a few lines of admittedly moronic mutiny talk pushed him over the edge? And yes Lori's scene afterwords was a bit of a cockup as well, it's clear she was reacting to the idea of Carl killing zombie Shane and not Rick killing Shane but it seemed off and confusing. Unless they are purposefully trying to turn Lori into a figure of hate then she is been terribly handled.
    Hygro wrote: »
    I think that they should kill off Michonne in season 3 ... the character is so over the top in the comics that it will just look stupid on the show after a while.

That character is basically fan boy fodder and has no real place in the tv show.

I know it's weird, lots on here complaining on how unrealistic the show is, how nothing would be like that in real life and how it should be more like the comics... but then the Katana wielding hooded ninja going for a stroll through the forest with two armless pet zombies is BADASS!? Whatever... The show is going to have to try an awful lot harder then the comics to be realistic. Michonne will be toned down considerably and the introduction was simply fan service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Naw, with bipolar Lori, his daughter Carlita and dopes like Carol 2nd guessing him, he should have shot someone in that last scene to make a point. He dragged them through 2 seasons of crap and they are still so ungrateful. Should have been a Ricktatorship long ago!

It trended :)http://tagdef.com/ricktatorship

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

don ramo wrote: »
    game of thrones is back in 2 weeks, then when thats finnished breaking bad will be back, and not long after thats finnished the walking dead will be back and thats just the highlights:)

You forgot Falling Skies..............:D

• Advertisement

I know it's weird, lots on here complaining on how unrealistic the show is, how nothing would be like that in real life and how it should be more like the comics... but then the Katana wielding hooded ninja going for a stroll through the forest with two armless pet zombies is BADASS!? Whatever... The show is going to have to try an awful lot harder then the comics to be realistic. Michonne will be toned down considerably and the introduction was simply fan service.

How is it not badass ? We know nothing of the character yet, all we have seen is her slicing a walkers head off with a sword with two walkers in tow. You cant compare that to what people have been complaining about which is unrealistic stupid decisions that are made to further the plot regardless of how it applies to the show or character.

MungBean wrote: »
    How is it not badass ? We know nothing of the character yet, all we have seen is her slicing a walkers head off with a sword with two walkers in tow. You cant compare that to what people have been complaining about which is unrealistic stupid decisions that are made to further the plot regardless of how it applies to the show or character.

The way I see it is, killing a Zombie in itself is badass, you don't need to be wearing a hood and have 2 Zombies on leads to be badass. B :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

You forgot Falling Skies..............:D
    :D

The way I see it is, killing a Zombie in itself is badass, you don't need to be wearing a hood and have 2 Zombies on leads to be badass. B :pac:

A hooded figure with two zombies chained to her coming out of nowhere to decapitate a walker with a sword is as badass as T-Dog firing off a shotgun in the background ? Not a chance.

This Michonne or whatever seems like a good character, there's a mystique about her and I think people will be very keen to learn about her. Unlike most other characters which are background filler and boring as fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

This Michonne or whatever seems like a good character, there's a mystique about her and I think people will be very keen to learn about her. Unlike most other characters which are background filler and boring as fcuk.

I have a feeling she'll be a showkiller for me, She was good in the comics but doubt she'll work in the show.

A hooded figure with two zombies chained to her coming out of nowhere to decapitate a walker with a sword is as badass as T-Dog firing off a shotgun in the background ? Not a chance.

the only mystique about her is that you couldn't see her face ... because they hadn't cast the role at the time of shooting ;)

feeney92 wrote: »
    Fair enough it was a world full of zombies so you cant claim it to be realistic, but up until then it was literally zombies vs humans, the fact she had zombies chained to her and they wernt attacking her was weird, maybe shows a little bit of a black magic or the supernatural world, which would completly ruin the show for me!!

don't lose sleep over them!!

the only mystique about her is that you couldn't see her face ... because they hadn't cast the role at the time of shooting ;)

No mystique about who she is, where she's from, why she had pet zombies, is she from the other group ? Is she on her own ? Is she a nutjob ? no ? We know all that do we and just havent seen her face yet ? :rolleyes:

We know nothing about the character and on her first appearance we were shown nothing about her character. Thats the mystique not the fact we didnt see her face. Even seeing her face she would still be a mysterious character.

If she turns out to be a dud then so be it but talking about killing off a character who has had 5 seconds of screen time is jumping the gun a bit. And comparing calling her badass based on that 5 seconds screen time to the complaints about the poor writing throughout the first two series is just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

don ramo wrote: »
    game of thrones is back in 2 weeks, )

game of thrones is back in 2 weeks!!!

I'm leaving this rubbish! 8)

Advertisement