Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Fecking hell! Just heard a child was knocked down and killed over at Clarehall shopping centre. Anyone else hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Johntegr wrote: »
    Should have brought black jacks! €60 for front wheel alignment. :eek:

How much did you spend on the first two garages who couldn't get it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

I have no idea what the going rate is but if it is done right then I would not have an issue with price.
    Rolli wrote: »
    Fecking hell! Just heard a child was knocked down and killed over at Clarehall shopping centre. Anyone else hear this?

Nothing on the news, shocking if it is poor family :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Last time I got balancing and tracking done it was €80 for all four corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

What car have you got?

Its the same machine that does all cars, even if your car only has front adjustment, all 4 still need to checked as they can still be off.

Did you have it done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The bridge centre?
    http://www.bridgecentre.ie/

The poor ginger on Take me Out is being given a hard time :(
    Fellas should be given an award for going on that show!

mrs crilly wrote: »
    The poor ginger on Take me Out is being given a hard time :(
    Fellas should be given an award for going on that show!

Especially given the state of some of the yokes pressing the buttoms:eek:

Especially given the state of some of the yokes pressing the buttoms:eek:

Totally I am no oil painting meself but dear lord :o

Oh and the word is buttoNs..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Jimdagym wrote: »
    How much did you spend on the first two garages who couldn't get it right?

Wasn't on this car but €20 in both garages. Last time was in Balbriggan Service Centre but they've since gotten a 3d machine for it.
    I have no idea what the going rate is but if it is done right then I would not have an issue with price.
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Last time I got balancing and tracking done it was €80 for all four corners.

I just had tracking done.
    What car have you got?

Its the same machine that does all cars, even if your car only has front adjustment, all 4 still need to checked as they can still be off.

Did you have it done?

DC5. I said I didn't need the rear done, there was no deviation on the rear when it was NCT'd.

I checked my receipt and I was charged for all 4 corners.

• Advertisement

Wasn't on this car but €20 in both garages. Last time was in Balbriggan Service Centre but they've since gotten a 3d machine for it.

I just had tracking done.

DC5. I said I didn't need the rear done, there was no deviation on the rear when it was NCT'd.

I checked my receipt and I was charged for all 4 corners.

And how is the car now?

And how is the car now?
    Before hand I had to have the wheel slightly right for it to go straight. Now with it straight it's going slightly right. :pac:

I'll check the tyre pressure in the morning but I only did it 2 nights ago so it'd still be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Before hand I had to have the wheel slightly right for it to go straight. Now with it straight it's going slightly right. :pac:

I'll check the tyre pressure in the morning but I only did it 2 nights ago so it'd still be fine.

You sure it's not the road camber putting it off?

Well I saw the car in but I wasn't near it myself so I don't know what the camber/castor etc where but if wither was slightly off it can cause what you describe.

Do you have the same tyres all round?

Doing only front wheel tracking on a car like a DC5 is pointless IMO.

You sure it's not the road camber putting it off?
    Positive. Road was leaning left, I let go and start going right. Took the bend perfectly. :D

It's not pulling, so it's fine. If it passes the re-test I don't give a monkeys, I can live with it. :)

Well I saw the car in but I wasn't near it myself so I don't know what the camber/castor etc where but if wither was slightly off it can cause what you describe.

Doing only front wheel tracking on a car like a DC5 is pointless IMO.
    Ah it's fine. It's kinda like Dyno V Dyno. There's always going to be deviations between these kinds of machinery. The NCT machine said the rear was fine but front was off but if your machine said the rear was off aswell then maybe it was.

So long as it passes the retest, I don't mind. The car is driving fine and it's not pulling the arm off me.

If you say it's best having all 4 done regardless of what the NCT says, then I'll take your word. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Look at the size of these!! - off Harry Metcalfe's (Evo) Countach
    AoIvMpWCMAQslsV.jpg

Ah it's fine. It's kinda like Dyno V Dyno. There's always going to be deviations between these kinds of machinery. The NCT machine said the rear was fine but front was off but if your machine said the rear was off aswell then maybe it was.

So long as it passes the retest, I don't mind. The car is driving fine and it's not pulling the arm off me.

If you say it's best having all 4 done regardless of what the NCT says, then I'll take your word. :)

See this is the problem...the NCT didn't test your alignment, they just test the side slip, which, if off, could be caused by several things.

Although the NCT slip test said your rear axle didn't 'slip' to one side, doesn't mean the wheels are aligned correctly so that's why we'd always align all 4, and the fact that a car like the DC5 is all about handling.

See this is the problem...the NCT didn't test your alignment, they just test the side slip, which, if off, could be caused by several things.

Although the NCT slip test said your rear axle didn't 'slip' to one side, doesn't mean the wheels are aligned correctly so that's why we'd always align all 4, and the fact that a car like the DC5 is all about handling.
    I watched that bit being done. So if your wheels were wet enough, they could actually slip while it's throwing it side to side and that'd mess up the readings?

Anywho, shall check the tyre pressure tomorrow to be double sure.

Don't suppose ye have a wrench in there that'll fit BuddyClub coilovers? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Well, the Corsa is gone, the VRC is posted and I have €400.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    I have €400.

Loadsa drinking money for tomorrow :cool:

I watched that bit being done. So if your wheels were wet enough, they could actually slip while it's throwing it side to side and that'd mess up the readings?

Anywho, shall check the tyre pressure tomorrow to be double sure.

Don't suppose ye have a wrench in there that'll fit BuddyClub coilovers? :pac:

I've a couple of coilover wrenches in work alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Loadsa drinking money for tomorrow :cool:

Nah,I need a new pair of glasses and enough cash to see me till the end of the month. Needs must.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Nah,I need a new pair of glasses and enough cash to see me till the end of the month. Needs must.

Yes, sun glasses really are a necessity.

Yes, sun glasses really are a necessity.

He said glasses, not sunglasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

RoverJames wrote: »
    He said glasses, not sunglasses.

Good spot:)

Speed reading does not work for me! My apologies poster.

Ah I know that feeling.

I had €200 saved up for the household charges that I needed to pay but my camera broke so I had to go and buy a new one. The HHC is now being paid by dd mandate instead :D

Would ya not consider laser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Just spotted Limericks mans and Colm Mcm's promotions.

Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

TheBazman wrote: »
    Look at the size of these!! - off Harry Metcalfe's (Evo) Countach
    AoIvMpWCMAQslsV.jpg

Bloody hell, they look like two wheels stuck together :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Happy day of drunken idiocy lads and lassies! I'm away up The Cooleys to leave the madness behind! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement