Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Foley Ireland Shows

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Off his comedy tour Facebook,very much looking forward to this!

The DUBLIN show on 2nd March will take place at the fantastic O'Reilly Theatre on the grounds of Belvedere College. Tickets should be on sale next week. Check back here, follow @FoleyStandUpUK on Twitter and keep an eye on the official tour website. http://mickfoleystandup.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just Googled Belevedere College to see where it is, look at the name of the Headmaster on the right hand side of the page, you just can't make this stuff up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belvedere_College

His cousin probably cut him a nice deal to rent the place out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Off his comedy tour Facebook,very much looking forward to this!

The DUBLIN show on 2nd March will take place at the fantastic O'Reilly Theatre on the grounds of Belvedere College. Tickets should be on sale next week. Check back here, follow @FoleyStandUpUK on Twitter and keep an eye on the official tour website. http://mickfoleystandup.co.uk/

Lovely, just around the corner from me da's gaf. We can all crash there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Details on the BELFAST show for 3rd March will follow as soon as we have them. Watch this space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Details on the BELFAST show for 3rd March will follow as soon as we have them. Watch this space.

belfast empire comedy club

tickets for the belfast show went on sale yesterday from ticketmaster outlets and from the venue itself (ask at the bar)

i got mine today :D

We're happy to say that the final venue for the 2012 tour is now on sale. Get your tickets for Friday March 2nd in DUBLIN right here. Ticket price includes the pre-show meet and greet with one signed item of your choice and a photo opportunity. Come and see Mick in the city where he made his 2011 WWE return.

https://tickets.ie/event.aspx/tickets/mick-foley-oreilly-theatre-dublin-02-March-2012/FJGDA

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Just booked my tickets on tickets.ie, meet and greet included in ticket price for 26.50

Should be a good night

Anyone else from here going to the Dublin show next Friday?

Couldn't convince even one of my non wrestling fan friends to accompany me so,I'll be going on my own like a saddo!

• Advertisement

all details are up on the official site for each date in the tour about the meet and greet and photo opportunities with the man himself, different times etc for them all.
    some before the show some after etc, i will be at the Belfast one and will be in awe all night long, FOLEY IS GOD

Pity this is on a friday night :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Got tickets for myself and my finaceé, cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

He's on Sky Sports News at half 3 today (they just said).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Going to this myself. Should be good! Hope to shake his hand and that. Going by myself though :(

Anyone here going to it up to meeting up for a pre drinks and have some wrasslin and general chat?? I doubt ill be staying around after it though, ill prob be hitting twisted pepper or the button factory right after it that night and getting my skank on! Your welcome to come along though if anyone wants to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Maps2011

Hi,
    I read you can get an 8x10 signed at the meet and greet.
    Is that an 8x10 of me with Foley?, or just foley?

You can get one piece of your own merchandise signed by Foley,plus any other stuff that you buy at the gig according to reports of his shows in England.

Going to get my copy of Tietam Brown signed by him,if the lines aren't that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Does he just chat about wrestling, or about his life in general?

He apparently just switches between telling random wrestling storys to his standup routine with no real theme.Supposed to be good craic for wrestling fans.Quite looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Looking forward to tonight, myself and my finaceé are both heading, she is dying to get a hug from Mick at the meet and greet!

If anyone spots me do say hello, it's hard to miss my beard and it would be great to finally meet some Boardsies!

• Advertisement

Anyone know what time to get there for the meet and greet at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭a7k10rf6z8buel

Tickets.ie say the meet and greet is on at 6 so probably between half five and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Enjoyed tonight. Support acts were top class. Mick was great. It's just a pity that some WrestlIng fans / event goers in Ireland are annoying losers and at times it can be mortifying to be Irish.

If there's anyone in wrestling that should have earned a bit of respect, it's Mick Foley. From what he's done inside both inside and outside of the ring. It couldnt have been made any clearer throughout the show that irrelevant and attention seeking yelling of random shíte was not wanted. Yet still, undeterred.. The idiots had to wreck everyone's buzz...

However he felt about it afterwards, mick was dead right asking said people to leave. Nobody paid to hear a bunch of eegits shouting out stuff like "Vader's gay". So yea, sarcastically slow claps all round to those guys if you're reading this.

Still a good show despite the shower of ruiners

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

However he felt about it afterwards, mick was dead right asking said people to leave. Nobody paid to hear a bunch of eegits shouting out stuff like "Vader's gay". So yea, sarcastically slow claps all round to those guys if you're reading this.

Still a good show despite the shower of ruiners

Dear God. What happened? Like, how did he handle it?
    *Facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

CMpunked wrote: »
    Dear God. What happened? Like, how did he handle it?
    *Facepalm*

CMPunked.... gotta say but tonight was totally a let down but not by Mick or by the warm ups acts but all the muppets in the crowd. Maybe about 5 or 6 altogether.

We had 4 total twats in the row behind us (1 in a pantera shirt,1 in an NWO shirt,1 ginger guy that was probably a girl and a guy with a crap moustache) and from the first time the compare chris came out they just roared and shouted the whole time and so you missed alot of the jokes and punchlines cos of these guys.

I have to say that Mick was a total gentleman and deserves so much respect for the enjoyment he has give us all over the years but tonight has really shown a bad light on us Irish fans. You could see how upset and annoyed Mick was.

To answer CMpunked's question,Mick was very quiet when he was trying to handle the situation. He spoke to these muppets in the crowd,he asked them if they didnt want to be there then to please leave and let everyone else enjoy it but as the night wore on the muppets kept shouting more and more. After about 4 or 5 times of asking people to be quiet he singled out afew people (including the twats i mentioned) and pulled out his wallet and offered to give them their money back if they would leave but of course the chickens wouldnt say anything and just kept muttering under their breath.

I gotta ask,why was there no security to deal with these people? I mean,if your in a cinema and people are talking then staff would come and chuck you out so you dont spoil it for everyone? These assholes that were shouting were doing it from before the first warm up act,why were they not chucked out or told to wise up then?

I was there with 4 friends and we all sat afterwards in fibbers in pretty much disbelief as to the lack of respect that was shown and to make things worse,the 4 assholes that were sitting behind us shouting all night were in the bar and were laughing about it! So if these guys are reading this then cheers for wrecking a night i was looking forward too for ages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Absolute pleasure and an honor to meet Mick Foley and get two of his autographs tonight. And regarding the show, the two support lads for him were great, and Mick himself was fantastic. But that pack of absolute f*u***ng MONGOS ruined a lot of it. They were sat 6 feet behind myself and my mates on the row behind us, and were trouble from the start.

Bunch of absolute wannabe tough guys. Then they decided to strut their stuff about Fibbers like they accomplished something fantastic.

Lads, yer a bunch of disrespectful thicks.

Cheers.

Even leaving the venue, the whole place was in absolute awkward silence. Everyone felt terrible. I was annoyed but more so just upset that Mick tried his best and because of 5 or 6 thicks it ruined his night, which he pretty much stated himself. At first I thought it was him just taking the piss but as the night went on and the retards went on and on he got more fed up, as anyone normal being would.

The 90% of the crowd that actually gave a **** like myself stuck by him and applauded him throughout all of this but it's a complete shame and I'm still raging over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Was it well attended? Foley was stressing over ticket sales here vs. the UK.

rovert wrote: »
    Was it well attended? Foley was stressing over ticket sales here vs. the UK.

It was actually pretty packed out yeah. There was one or two empty seats but it was fairly packed out from what I could see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I think I was about 2 rows in front of the arseholes. Just terrible. Mick isn't the best comedian, he needs a receptive audience for the material, and some cockbag behind me kept saying 'Tori Amos' for a solid five minutes before Mick used it as a punchline. Awful, awful arseholes.

Advertisement