Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Foley Ireland Shows

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Any chance of this selling out lads? Can you buy tickets at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭saladtime

Cheers Xenji!

So the entire thing including the meet n' greet was finished around 10.30.
    Perfect should be find then.

Should be a great night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looking forward to tonight although the devil inside me would love to see mick explode if he was to be heckled again

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ricero wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight although the devil inside me would love to see mick explode if he was to be heckled again

Chances are it'll be just an average show, but you know.....it could be a bloodbath! *fingers crossed* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Never been to a wrestling event like this no idea want to expect but I've me lumberjack shirt on (red and black of course). Cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

show was fun but meet and greet was a bit of a mess. spent 15 minutes queuing to get wristband when I came in and then over an hour after the show before getting to meet foley. didn't feel like much of a vip experience when the whole ground floor seemed to be queued back in the bar. On top of that due to the late start time for the show and meet and greet missed last bus out to the house. Staff were all friendly and Mick still seemed chipper but just thought it was poor planning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

jmolloy wrote: »
    show was fun but meet and greet was a bit of a mess. spent 15 minutes queuing to get wristband when I came in and then over an hour after the show before getting to meet foley. didn't feel like much of a vip experience when the whole ground floor seemed to be queued back in the bar. On top of that due to the late start time for the show and meet and greet missed last bus out to the house. Staff were all friendly and Mick still seemed chipper but just thought it was poor planning

Not sure what other way you expected it to work? There were 250 vip tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ripped trousers? Is he that broke??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Heres my thoughts on the show.

The opening act was fairly enjoyable. Ross knew his audience and did a very entertaining routine and real did a great job of warming up the crowd.

The Foleys act was split into 3 stages: His storytelling routine, Q and A and the meet and greet.

The first stage was a bit of a let down. While Foley is a likeable guy, a great speaker and has lead a fairly interesting life, this segment felt very under whelming. His stories while humorous to a degree and fairly well delivered, lacked any real substance. He seemed to ramble at times and go off into tangents at times with unnecessary details, but overall I guess this a little bit of a let down. Mick seemed to rely on name dropping for pops than actually telling intriguing stories, but I guess thats expected. .

The Q and A was hit and miss, depending on the questions, which is no fault of Micks, but Foley seemed to be a lot more comfortable answering questions and it was quite enjoyable hearing Micks takes on certain topics. This seemed to fly by and even though it was given ample time, I wish it continued longer. I would have gladly had a longer Q and A session than his pre planned stories in the previous stage.

I was on the balcony so I couldn’t get a question in as Mick was only taking questions from lads on the ground floor with Mics, though one lad on the far side of the balcony wasn’t put off by having no mic.

Overall it was enjoyable and Mick seemed to excel in the 2nd stage.

The meet and greet was a bit of a let down too. While Foley was polite and pleasant, he looked like he wanted to be any where else but meeting fans. He lacked enthusiasm, which may be fair for someone whos done this a millions times pervious, but he just looked disinterested and went through the motions which kind of took the fun out of meeting him.

The crowd was fairly good, popped for everything and there was a few arseholes shouting out random abuse.

Overall I guess it as enjoyable overall. it wasnt terrible but it wasnt blow away great either. 4/10

Also, I did see Jay Hunter enter for the meeting and greet but he left as quick due to the massive queue.

Also Mick called Becky Lynch "Becky Smith" ... a simple mistake he was aware of straight away , first Flair calling Fergal "Fit Finaly" now Mick. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It might have something to do with it being his 4th show in 6 days, he said in Galway he was in Nashville Saturday night for a show, then flew back to NY on Sunday and then on to Dublin on Monday and drove down to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I really enjoyed it and was quite shocked at how much it was good. The venue was superb i thought. I enjoyed the first part rather than the q and a.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I went to the Galway show on Tuesday and would echo the same sentiment as beakerjoe, especially about the rambling and tangents. Mick's a nice guy but not nearly as funny or as good a storyteller as he thinks he is. That being said, it was better than I thought it would be after hearing some of the reports from his other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Also, I did see Jay Hunter enter for the meeting and greet but he left as quick due to the massive queue.

*audible gasp*

beakerjoe wrote: »

Lol, I love how I get a bullet point in the write-up! Shame I didn't get to say hello mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I followed WWE a lifetime ago, when I heard Mick Foley was coming to Galway I figured I should take a trip down memory lane.

The one theme that stayed with me after was Money. He spoke about meeting Tiger Woods and his lasting memory was being envious of marketing power and earning ability. He mentioned a Commissioner role return to WWE being unlikely because (among other things) the money wouldnt be great.

Call me naive, but I'd have thought his money would be made and he's just in it for the fun and passion now. It just took the prestige off it a bit.

I dont mean to upset Foley fans, just some thoughts I had.

He is, set money-wise (his frugality is well-documented), he's just looking to make the most money/best value of his time.

The above reminds me of a Mr. Burns quote: "I'd trade it all...for a little more"

23113926915_39760f8e69_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Lol, I love how I get a bullet point in the write-up! Shame I didn't get to say hello mate!

I was too far away to yell at ya. Nice to get a mention in your own write up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Jay needs to start doing his own meet and greets by the looks of things.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Jay needs to start doing his own meet and greets by the looks of things.

Oh stop it you!
    22754485259_cf229109ed_o.png

Advertisement