Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Foley Ireland Shows

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Going to see this. Anyone know if there's a meet and greet ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ricero wrote: »

The "VIP" tickets come with the meet & greet. If you just got the regular tix (~20 odd) then it's unlikely.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The "VIP" tickets come with the meet & greet. If you just got the regular tix (~20 odd) then it's unlikely.

Any chance ya could pay on the night ? Be nice to meet the man

I'd think that the promoters & Mick would love more cash but it's probably a time constraint. Best to just e-mail them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Meet and Greet is included in the ticket price for the Galway show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Just back from the Belfast show and it was absolutely fantastic. Not a heckler in sight. Far exceeded my expectations.

Since our show was the originally planned and an extra show was put on last night he said that he was giving us the A show because we're the hardcore fans who snapped the tickets up.

He spoke extensively about KOTR 98 and during the q and a someone asked a fanstastic question that I had never even pondered which was that since the bump through the cage was not planned then what was plan A for the match.

Spoilered for consideration of people attending shows just in case.
    The plan was to create a hole in the cell at the top so that at some point Mick could dangle through it and take a somewhat safer bump on to his hand and knees. He joked that him and taker thought it would take 4 or 5 chokeslams to create the hole, nope!

Did he mention the Dublin show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I do remember him mention something but it wasn't anything bad just sort of matter of factly mentioned it.

There was a guy at Wednesday night show who had one too many shandys and during the q and a rambled for a couple of minute and instead of actually asking a question simply stated that Heenan was the best announcer of all time and got a bit mouthy when Mick respectfully disagreed and said JR was. So the warm up guy asked us to be respectful during the show and during the q and a.

On another note fair play to Mick for staying to the death for the meet and greet afterwards. It was at no extra cost and I'd say 98% of the crowd stayed for it. The queue was that big that me and my mate didn't join so stayed by the bar. By the time we were ready to leave it had dwindled so we jumped in. He saw everybody and was there to after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

ShagNastii wrote: »
    What kinda of numbers were at his last gig. Vicar street is a fairly "small" venue but I'd say it has a fairly hefty capacity.

1,050 is official capacity. It's a tough pace to make look full when sales aren't great. There aren't many places you can step down to for comedy though, so hopefully for his own sake it sells well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The Laughter Lounge would probably be a good fit for him. I saw Jello Biafra in there before. I was at the show last night in Belfast. I second pretty much everything Andy said there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andy_rse wrote: »
    I do remember him mention something but it wasn't anything bad just sort of matter of factly mentioned it.

There was a guy at Wednesday night show who had one too many shandys and during the q and a rambled for a couple of minute and instead of actually asking a question simply stated that Heenan was the best announcer of all time and got a bit mouthy when Mick respectfully disagreed and said JR was. So the warm up guy asked us to be respectful during the show and during the q and a.

On another note fair play to Mick for staying to the death for the meet and greet afterwards. It was at no extra cost and I'd say 98% of the crowd stayed for it. The queue was that big that me and my mate didn't join so stayed by the bar. By the time we were ready to leave it had dwindled so we jumped in. He saw everybody and was there to after midnight.

Mick's take on it posted on his Facebook page. :)
    NAME YOUR TOP 5 ANNOUNCERS OF ALL-TIME Last night, the Q&A session at the “#FiftyYearsOfFoley” show threatened to get ugly, when a lad, with the help of a few too many pints took great exception to my oft-stated stance that #WWEHOF announcer Jim Ross is the best wrestling announcer of all time. The lad was a little tough to understand…sometimes a few extra pints will do that to a guy. But in the end with great concentration I grasped the point he seemed to be so desperately trying to make: my belief that JR is the greatest Wrestling commentator of all time was downright offensive to him and his earnest belief that the duo of Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon were the greatest announcers of all time. I broke the tense standoff the only way I knew how. “Dude”, I said. “These are OPINIONS. They’re not facts. You are entitled to your opinion – and I’m entitled to mine, right?” Thankfully, the guy calmed down, apologized for creating a disturbance. I shook his hand and headed back to the stage. I heard him call out to me. “Mick?” “Yeah?” “Do you think Eric Bischoff was underrated as an announcer?” I had him thrown out of the building immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm delighted I got my photograph from the meet & greet and don't look like a complete jabroni.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Glad Foley had a good sense of humour about the incident, and Mick was right anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

Tinie wrote: »
    Comedians are meant to be able to deal with hecklers.

Mick isnt a comedian though, hes incredibly unfunny in my opinion.

This.

I think that underneath the veneer, he is a very narcissistic and self-absorbed person who takes himself WAY too seriously.

He was a **** wrestler who was incapable of having a good match without a gimmick to fall back on.

Seriously. How many good matches has he had that didn't have a gimmick?

The HIAC match with Undertaker is talked about like a classic.

It was barely even a match. It was two spots with dreadful wrestling and psychology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

jaykhunter wrote: »
    By "heckled", a couple of happy drunk lads called out things they'd like to hear about (e.g. "hell in a cell! undertaker!") that kind of thing. Mick couldn't deal with the nicest hecklers in the world. I really hope he's improved.

That got Foley bent out of shape? I can't imagine what would have happened if they were yelling "You suck." or something that remotely resembles heckling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

Mick Foley: Stand Up UK Tour 2011

I don't understand that.

Why the hints of snideness and belligerence about Irish people taking offense to being lumped in with the UK from Americans?

A second date has been added in the Roisin Dubh on the 9th of Oct, the first date sold out very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Anybody who bought VIP tickets for the Dublin gig can they confirm where they're sitting please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

If Wardy2 sees this, I can't pm you about the Mick Foley tickets, I think you need to change your pm settings.

Yo lads, there's a thread for selling tickets (and other wrestling items) here:

PW Adverts thread *Sell Tix etc here* http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057514832

Please don't ask for/sell tickets outside of this - we don't want to hand out bans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So is many going to the Dublin show thsi week? Totally forgot about it until now?

What are the odds of someone politely heckling him this year?

Yup im going. What time would mick come on stage at ?

Didnt go to the last one was the heckling very bad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yup im going. What time would mick come on stage at ?

Didnt go to the last one was the heckling very bad ?

Read some of the previous posts from Jay and the likes. It wasnt really heckling, just a few sauced lads asking Mick to speak about a variety of things during his act. They werent the worst but they did enough to ruin the gig. Mick didnt handle them well and it died a death as a result

No idea what times hes on at TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ant feedback from Galway?

Also what time did the meet and greet start?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Aiken Promotions
    This Thursday! We join Mick Foley at Vicar Street on his latest journey down life’s highway – an eclectic trip into the surreal world of the days in his wrestling past.
    For all those heading along please note the following times:

8.30pm - Ross Browne || 8.45pm - Mick Foley

Fantastic show tonight by Mick, the other half has never really been into wrestling but loved it, one dick in the crowd but Mick handheld it like a pro, even referenced the notorious Dublin gig.

The q&a was awful though, somebody asked about Shawn and Sunny having an affair, Mick refused to answer and gave a classy reason as to why, the others were bland and boring, I got the last question in and asked about IWA Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BonBon101

Missed out on getting a ticket for this,do you think i would be able to pick one up outside the door this evening in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭saladtime

Anyone heading tomorrow?

Is the meet and greet before or after the show?
    Any idea when it'll start? Dam trains :(

• Advertisement

saladtime wrote: »
    Anyone heading tomorrow?

Is the meet and greet before or after the show?
    Any idea when it'll start? Dam trains :(

Its after the show, finished in Galway around 22.30.

Advertisement