Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Foley Ireland Shows

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'll probably go to this even after the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

How was he the last time? I haven't seen his show, went to see JR in NOLA but wouldn't go again, 50/50 on going to this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

He needs to bring Mr. Socko to deal with any hecklers like there was last time.

I wasn't there the last time, but I really hope that BS doesn't happen this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just to show that this forum isn't completely Dublo-centric, Mick Foley is also doing a show in Cypress Avenue in Cork Nov 13th.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

He needs to bring Mr. Socko to deal with any hecklers like there was last time.

A few punchlines wouldn't go astray either!! I can't believe he's coming back, after cursing to himself finishing the set last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

gimmick wrote: »
    Just to show that this forum isn't completely Dublo-centric, Mick Foley is also doing a show in Cypress Avenue in Cork Nov 13th.

More expensive in Cork too, Langer tax.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wish they would have given more time before tickets go on sale. Although cant see it selling out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wish they would have given more time before tickets go on sale. Although cant see it selling out

What kinda of numbers were at his last gig. Vicar street is a fairly "small" venue but I'd say it has a fairly hefty capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Does he do audience Q&A?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    What kinda of numbers were at his last gig. Vicar street is a fairly "small" venue but I'd say it has a fairly hefty capacity.

No idea what the turn out was like for his other gig. Think Vicar St is about 1000 sitting i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The **** with hecklers won't be an issue this time, vicar street staff will be on them in the drop of a hat - one warning then turf them out, they have seen enough comedy shows in their time to know how to deal with the worst offenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Got me ticket in the second row

Look forward to it, more and more experiance should be a good night and reasonable price aswell

Got the VIP tickets for myself and 2 friends. Plus its the day before i head to Amsterdam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The **** with hecklers won't be an issue this time, vicar street staff will be on them in the drop of a hat - one warning then turf them out, they have seen enough comedy shows in their time to know how to deal with the worst offenders!

Comedians are meant to be able to deal with hecklers.

Mick isnt a comedian though, hes incredibly unfunny in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braniganl

Will be hilarious if he throws another tantrum again because he's doesn't have the ability to control a crowd like an actual comedian should. His last gig was in the theatre of Belvedere College (seats about 500) beside Temple Street if I remember correctly, whole thing was a shambles. Good luck to him in Vicar Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

What happened last time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

What happened last time?

He was heckled and took it quite personally. Think he said he'd never come back to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braniganl

Mick's never been one to stick to his principles when there's money involved!

Ageyev wrote: »
    He was heckled and took it quite personally. Think he said he'd never come back to Ireland.

By "heckled", a couple of happy drunk lads called out things they'd like to hear about (e.g. "hell in a cell! undertaker!") that kind of thing. Mick couldn't deal with the nicest hecklers in the world. I really hope he's improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Is he bringing any of his family with him? Asking for a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Pentecost wrote: »
    Is he bringing any of his family with him? Asking for a friend.

Lets just cut to the chase, is his daughter going to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope not. She's the worst.

Hope not. She's the worst.

Go on

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Bolomaster

Good heavens, Mick Foley was a childhood hero of mine (and hero still, I suppose).

Should I go if I'm don't want my idea of him shattered? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Well this is news to me. Rather than tell career stories etc - you know, things people would gladly pay to hear - Foley does stand-up comedy? That sounds terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Go on

Good looking girl but easily the most annoying personality with any connection to wrestling bar maybe her clown boyfriend. You can't get away from her either. Mick is weird anyways but he's accomplished things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

May have four tickets for the Dublin show for a reduced price if anyone is interested? Bought them before the Galway show was announced.

Pm me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bolomaster wrote: »
    Good heavens, Mick Foley was a childhood hero of mine (and hero still, I suppose).

Should I go if I'm don't want my idea of him shattered? :(

Go for it if you can I say.

Piper was mine and I had a blast when I went to see his show last year and did the meet and greet he was sound put me in a sleeper hold for the photo and let me try on his HoF ring. I've been a fan for over 30 years and when I met him I was like that 10 year who saw him on the tv all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

He will be in Galway too in the Róisín Dubh on the 10th November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got tickets for the Galway show, hoping he tells more wrestling related stories then some random jokes.

Advertisement