Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Registrar doubling as the Sheriff
    I always thought that the Courts Service was part of the executive? And that County Registrars and the Master are part of the Courts Service? Might be on some shaky ground, but I don't see that it would formally count as the judiciary encroaching on an executive function - it's all the executive.

Now, having the executive perform both a quasi-judicial function, in cases where liberty is granted to enter final judgment, and executive in organising execution, or having dealt with the paperwork in advance of the Court granting an order for possession is far from ideal. Would the Supreme Court invalidate the scheme on that basis? Doubtful.

Honestly, these guys are as bad as the "elites" they bang on about, knowingly lying to people so as to snare them into their belief set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I'm not sure this man is a freeman but the garda in the video takes no crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Why wouldn't he get out of the car??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Finnbar01 wrote: »

He's not a Freeman, he seems to be just a bit of an asshole.

MagicSean wrote: »

You can tell the difference???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

MagicSean wrote: »

But, it sounded like he was using some "freeman" phrases, like going about his business, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He was deliberately being belligerant and obstructive. He was asked to move over so oncoming traffic could get by and his response was "I'm just going about my business" :rolleyes:

I love how he tried to claim "I didn't hear you!" after the Garda had asked for licence yet he expected the Gardai to hear him say his window was broken, through his own closed window.

He totally deserved everything he got. The kind of guy who'll put himself through a world of pain on some misguided point of principle. I bet he sits on all his invoices and doesn't pay them until he gets a phone call asking why he hasn't paid yet. Then goes ballistic when he gets cut off. Strikes me as that kind of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

Definitely not a freeman, just a protester with an stubborn attitude (i.e.: if I barracade myself inside my car then it will lead to a confrontation which I can record).

I understand the frustration the members felt at this, but it would appear that the force used was somewhat excessive, even with the drivers failure to follow lawful direction. I would hope that he would simply be charged with obstruction, but the use of force plays right into the driver's hands, although he was acting unreasonably.

Has anything ever come out of stacks of complaints the Garda Ombudsman's received from the protesters? As I often predicted that what went on up there will eventually fill the pages of the next Morris Tribunal.

One sided, but an extensive record of events:

What happened to your man, SNIPPED who was the public order expert? Apparently he seems to have resigned from the gardai and gone into private security. I know a lot of complaints were directed at his handling of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just being reading this thread, there is one person I know where I have heard all this stuff, gets a bit head wrecking after a while.

He reckons he has "seen the light" and can't believe he was "so bloody stupid" before opening up his mind to the Freeman stuff. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

The first thing I thought with the Mayo video was 'Freemen' due to the driver's phraseology.
    That said, if the video can be taken at face value, it would appear that the Garda's use of force was disproportionate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

What amazes me is why anyone would be driving around making video recordings anyway?

If you're going about your business surely you would rock up the check point say 'how ya Gaurds, ****ty enough weather how can I help you' they say 'miserable enough isn't it, have you your licence' you show it to them have a bit of banter and off you go whistling away to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It did sound freemanish tbh.

Did anyone see that video on youtube of the freeman guy in England who made the cop sign a contract to pay him 20,000 pounds to exit his car? He might have had a shock if he came up against this Robo-cop from Belmullet and his truncheon, I don't think it'd be 20,000 euro he'd be getting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

This has been circulating around Facebook:
    397082_2916889954852_1038836661_32266537_348702788_n.jpg

I emailed McCann Fitzgerald who (to their credit) gave me a quick reply:
    "Dear Lockstep

Thank you very much for getting in touch and bringing this email to our attention - a number of people have done so. The email did not originate with this firm and does not express any legal opinion from this firm. We are investigating how our name has come to appear on the email.

Thank you again."

It annoy me that someone made up this piece of crap. Granted, the flat household charge is rubbish (although the government have said they plan on introducing a progressive charge) but for someone to spread this pseudo-legal rubbish and to attach a law firm's name to it is really suspect. I hope noone took this seriously.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Robbo wrote: »
    That led me to watching some of this:

So we have crude, animated versions of Einstein and wartime Churchill discussing Freeman guff. Fast forward to 3:00 or so where they disclaim the whole thing. It's like some bizarre Keats & Chapman where the punchline never arrives.

Skeleton's Paradox:

What if you don't consent to the law of fremenism?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Lockstep wrote: »

It annoy me that someone made up this piece of crap. Granted, the flat household charge is rubbish (although the government have said they plan on introducing a progressive charge) but for someone to spread this pseudo-legal rubbish and to attach a law firm's name to it is really suspect. I hope noone took this seriously.

That is actually an interesting development, insofar as someone somewhere felt the need to attach some sort of legitimacy to this argument by linking it to a top law firm.

Who and why are the questions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

Lockstep wrote: »
    397082_2916889954852_1038836661_32266537_348702788_n.jpg

That's actually frightening how someone actually went as far as putting out a reputable firms name on this piece of freeman waffle which has done the round extensively on facebook, in print, and spread orally during public meetings on the various charges.

The reliance of someone on this, acting in good faith that it did in fact come from MF would be a serious issue.

On Grolshevik's note, it's an interesting development which shows how inconsistent their approach is, as if you "contract" with a member of the BAR or Law Society, you're doomed in their belief system. Hence, why they refuse representation in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

Finnbar01 wrote: »

bully boy cop no better than the freemen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Skeleton's Paradox:

What if you don't consent to the law of fremenism?

I think you just blew my mind :eek:

snow ghost wrote: »
    It did sound freemanish tbh.

Did anyone see that video on youtube of the freeman guy in England who made the cop sign a contract to pay him 20,000 pounds to exit his car? He might have had a shock if he came up against this Robo-cop from Belmullet and his truncheon, I don't think it'd be 20,000 euro he'd be getting. :)

I think the cops in the UK are copying unto the freeman crap.

If your man tries to enforce his 'bill', all the cop has to do is say he doesn't consent.

• Advertisement

bully boy cop no better than the freemen

Rubbish. You're man was begging for a response and he got it. The garda took no crap whatsoever and rightly so.

Why did he refuse to open the window and then claim it was broken? Why didn't he open the door? Why didn't he pull in when directed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

But the cop did lose it pretty quickly. Unless he suspected the guy was up to no good he didn't have the right to get as heavy-handed, even damaging the guy's property.

The guy was obviously gunning for a confrontation, so the best thing the cop should have done was not give him one. Instead he played right into his hands.

One would have thought that their training went some way towards teaching them not to lose their cool like that.

alinton wrote: »
    But the cop did lose it pretty quickly. Unless he suspected the guy was up to no good he didn't have the right to get as heavy-handed, even damaging the guy's property.

The guy was obviously gunning for a confrontation, so the best thing the cop should have done was not give him one. Instead he played right into his hands.

One would have thought that their training went some way towards teaching them not to lose their cool like that.

They are not monks, occasionally everyone gets wound up. In this instance a Garda got wound up and broke a car window after the driver refused to move his car when directed, refused to open the window to deal with the Gardai (could have also opened the door if the window was genuinely broken) and refused to produce his licence when requested.

A broken window and him dragged out and dumped in a cell for a few hours for wasting everyone's time sounds about right to me.

MungBean wrote: »
    They are not monks, occasionally everyone gets wound up. In this instance a Garda got wound up and broke a car window after the driver refused to move his car when directed, refused to open the window to deal with the Gardai (could have also opened the door if the window was genuinely broken) and refused to produce his licence when requested.

A broken window and him dragged out and dumped in a cell for a few hours for wasting everyone's time sounds about right to me.

I neither saw nor heard any evidence of window breaking or dragging out.

The guy refused to comply with requests. He refused to pull over to the side. He refused to open his window, or, if it was genuinely broken, open the door. He was uncooperative and acting suspiciously.

Based on his behaviour, I'd say there were legitimate grounds for the gardai to want to investigate further. He could have had drugs, guns or a bound-and-gagged ewe in a nightdress in the boot, for all they knew...

Just saw this. I think my head's going to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:D Had to laugh at that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

benway wrote: »

You said it yourself: don't go looking for pigs to wrestle.

That's why I don't venture into the politics forum here, and only rarely go into AH.

EDIT: Just watched that: Christian Messiah on a two-wheeled mechanical conveyance!

You can quite clearly hear the window being broken at 2:06 in.

I also hope he was dragged out.

benway wrote: »

What the hell was he trying to ask ? Where barristers got the authority to operate ?

• Advertisement

don't go looking for pigs to wrestle.
    Passes the time, brother. ;)
    MungBean wrote: »
    What the hell was he trying to ask ? Where barristers got the authority to operate ?
    I don't think he even knows himself. I don't see any mention of solicitors or firemen in the constitution either. Tbh, I think he's just trying to show off owing his superior intelligence. Pity that the last guy indulged him as far as he did.

That McCann Fitzgerald thing is an absolute disgrace as well, they ought to be ashamed for outright lying to people. This will not end well.

Advertisement