Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    right so emailed the person who sent me the link and i know someone working there who said it happens and they should be able to sort it out, wont know till the morning though, ugh, I need a drink. am sitting here in a suit feelin classy lol

Have a straight brandy to match your look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I use St.Ives apricot scrub, I've heard some things that it's too harsh, so should I switch to something else?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Links234 wrote: »
    I use St.Ives apricot scrub, I've heard some things that it's too harsh, so should I switch to something else?

I've been using it for years, not too harsh at all. Just make sure to moisturise well afterwards. Love that freshly scrubbed feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

It's hard to say links without seeing your skin. I like st Ives for body products but I hate those brands, garnier, st Ives, ect for face... Even simple which are the best of a bad bunch. Generally unless you're very oily all over and not at all sensitive, I'd stay away from a harsh scrub, and those who say it's suitable as a facewash/cleanser, ARAGGH!!!

I honestly do believe you need to invest in your skin. And find products that work for you... I LOVE dermalogicas daily microfoliant (it's got licorice and rice bran) which gently exfoliates and brightens the skin right up, and when I sub tutored a class in September, I recommended it to a girl with really bad acne, she went and bought it, wary of the price, but within a week, was converted.

There are loads of testers for dermalogica too!! Get yourself off to a dermalogica skin bar and they'll give you heaps of freebies.

I like dermalogica a lot (it's one of the products I'll stock in my salon) but that's got to be my favourite product.

You don't even need to use it every day, but I'd be of the opinion I'd rather use cold water on my face and no product rather than stuff you'd buy in the chemist, but when I say that... Horses for courses... People will swear by it. I personally wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm starting to get the (really very lovely) feeling that the travellers on Big Fat Gypsy wedding are taking the absolute piss out of Channel 4. There's palm tree & pineapple and cat themed dresses on it this week. I like thinking of them sitting around together planning something really, really insane to suggest to telly people as wedding clobber & hopefully Ch4 paying for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whiskey and Cigar!!!Also if you were to post a pic suited and booted in the KYLT I don't think there'd be complaints!!! :D

there ya are, well this is robbed from v2 of this thread ages back when I first bought le suit for my friends wedding

s402ky.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Thanks for the skin advice Storm, my skin is horribly oily and covered in spots (not helped by going on, then coming off, the pill) and I just don't know what to do with it anymore. I might save up for some Dermalogica :)

I hope I'm wrong, but Ithink I feel tonsillitis coming on. Pleeeeaaase let me be overreacting; I had it this time last year and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (well, :rolleyes:). Just too much work to do without this.

Yeah, I'm a moany whingebag tonight. Doesn't help that I'm tired and miss my bf, who I haven't seen in two weeks.

Boo :(

(Hope everyone else is doing alright!)

Look at you looking dapper!!

Look at you looking dapper!!

*swirls whiskey*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Nice Krudler!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

A driver deliberately swerved at my Dad tonight when he was coming back from his walk. He had to jump into the ditch to not get hit. The jeep clipped his shoe. He's in shock now. :( He knows the guy and is deliberating on what to do next.

OMG seomra that's terrible.

I hope a trip in person to an gardai siochana is next. Your poor father, some fright to get I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Storm I'd never go out if it took me 3.5 hours to get ready, fair play to you. An hour tops for me, I get bored after that.
    Finally getting around to watching my big fat gypsy wedding. Love it!!

I have to say I hated the new episode, and I loved it before now. Two reasons for this - 1. It's all very well to laugh at them when they're English but now they're showing Irish ones it's too close to home and just embarrassing, and 2. I dealt with some travellers here a few weeks ago who ruined the so far impeccable experience I'd had with them, made me scared and angry all at the same time so I don't like em anymore.

OMG seomra that's terrible.

I hope a trip in person to an gardai siochana is next. Your poor father, some fright to get I'd imagine

He's not sure what to do, proof would be an issue. He just nearly collapsed there and is now evacuating his stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got some news tonight about dad, been pretty upset since then.

I know it's for the best and it's what dad needs, doesn't make it any easier though, it's still scary and hurtful. It's so hard watching him go through this.

Boyfriend and I have finally booked our flights for going, excited and nervous about going over. It will be wonderful to see everyone though.

Had a nice dinner, roast garlic spuds, carrots, pork chops with paprika, chillie, garlic, salt and pepper and mushrooms cooked with the chops. Was a bit of an odd mixture, absolutely delicious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

A driver deliberately swerved at my Dad tonight when he was coming back from his walk. He had to jump into the ditch to not get hit. The jeep clipped his shoe. He's in shock now. :( He knows the guy and is deliberating on what to do next.

Jesus! That's... attempted murder.. :eek:

I know it'd be a case of his word against someone else's, but I'd still report it. Even if it's just to keep on record in the event of other similar things happening (though hopefully they don't!) that they'll have something to build on?

(I don't know much about how the law works but I'd not just leave it be)

In any case, I hope your dad is ok... I can only imagine the shock it must have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

The Lovely Muffin and Seomra, I hope you both and your dads are okay x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jesus! That's... attempted murder.. :eek:

I know it'd be a case of his word against someone else's, but I'd still report it. Even if it's just to keep on record in the event of other similar things happening (though hopefully they don't!) that they'll have something to build on?

(I don't know much about how the law works but I'd not just leave it be)

In any case, I hope your dad is ok... I can only imagine the shock it must have been.

Only just saw your post Seomra, sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he is/will be okay.

He should definitely report that drive, what an evil thing to do to someone.

Even if your dad can't prove anything, at least the guards would have it on record. And if there were any other complaints made against this drive, the more complaints the guards have the better.

He knows the guy, he's a local and a fúcking idiot, evidently. It wouldn't have been personal. He would have also had some drink on him. It's actually not safe to walk on roads these days, I always feel on edge when I do!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thank God he's physically okay.
    That's terrible!! :(

• Advertisement

robbed from the bawwww thread

In my bedroom now, about to get into bed with my new pillowcases and two day old new 'silentnight' pillow. Yay. Oh, wait...
    Hmmm, what's that on the pillowcase? Erm.. Oh right, it's BLOOD.
    My feckin' new ear piercing apparently bled all over the pillowcase last night when I slept and now my new pillow is ruined.

Aaaaargh.

The best thing about that is that people didn't think it wasn't worth all that for one little puppy (which is something I've heard from people before, and can never understand) *tears up*

oh my god I just burst into tears! :(

The best thing about that is that people didn't think it wasn't worth all that for one little puppy (which is something I've heard from people before, and can never understand) *tears up*

I dont want to meet the person who'd just leave an animal to die in a pipe like that, hes an adorable little puppy too, they're so cute and squashy looking when they're that young

I just had to give my dog a hug after watching that. I love her so much :o

Links234 wrote: »
    oh my god I just burst into tears! :(
    I didn't...

....erm, I do have something in my eye though. :o

I'm so glad all their rescue efforts paid off. :)
    I would love to work with animals, like with the DSPCA or something but they have to deal with the aftermath of terrible cruelty and see distressed/hungry/neglected animals every day and I just don't think I could handle that- in fact I know I couldn't. :(

I did raise almost €1,000 last year for an animal charity when I did the mini marathon though, so at least I feel I did something small to help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Aw I love the MHS! I'm forever watching Animals Cops with my mam, they're awesome people. It's sickening the condition they find some animals in though!

The best thing about that is that people didn't think it wasn't worth all that for one little puppy (which is something I've heard from people before, and can never understand)
    I dont want to meet the person who'd just leave an animal to die in a pipe like that

It may sound like I'm over exaggerating, but I honestly don't think it's a big step from 'just a puppy' to 'they're just animals' to 'just a child' to 'just a homeless person' (for example) to essentially having no respect for any other living beings.
    I know some people are dog people over cat people or vice versa or prefer small pets like hamsters and there are people who adore babies and those who aren't 'child people' but anyone who just dismisses any life as unimportant or worthless frankly worries and dismays me. :(
    Even people who kill insects without batting an eyelid upset me. :o

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    It may sound like I'm over exaggerating, but I honestly don't think it's a big step from 'just a puppy' to 'they're just animals' to 'just a child' to 'just a homeless person' (for example) to essentially having no respect for any other living beings.
    I know some people are dog people over cat people or vice versa or prefer small pets like hamsters and there are people who adore babies and those who aren't 'child people' but anyone who just dismisses any life as unimportant or worthless frankly worries and dismays me. :(
    Even people who kill insects without batting an eyelid upset me. :o

Nope, not an exaggeration.

It really bothers too when people say things like "You wouldn't even treat a dog like that"... which always sounds to me like they're saying "you wouldn't even treat something this pathetic and insignificant like that" :mad:

To be honest I think a decent gauge of people's character is seeing how they treat animals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement