Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PIPdrama

Well Said :) I do not see the point in people unaffected by this to pass any comment, especially negative comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 caroline offaly

SBJ wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my first time posting, I had PIP implants in 2008 via <snip>. I got a referal letter from Harley for an MRI which I had done on Monday in <snip> and I have a rupture in both implants. I am booked in for surgery on the 29th February and just feel so depressed and scared :(

Hi SBJ, I finally got letter from <snip> confirming that I have PIPs but they never gave me a referral for a scan, I had to go thru my doc for that and pay privately, only getting scan done this friday in <snip>......am really nervous now and terrifeid of the news I will get...can I ask, did they tell u staight away after scan if there was a problem? Also did u have any symptoms that they were ruptured....god i cant believe that both have ruptured on u, thats awful, can blame u for being so scared, i am very anxious too about getting more surgery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Hi girls,

The Ray D'arcy show are going to be talking about PIP implants tomorrow morning on Today FM.
    I hope to be talking to them about 9.30am about the whole issue, our action group and the petition:eek: ( am so nervous)
    Hope you can all listen in I ll do my best to get all our points out there, high light the whole issue and get us some support.

Please Please text in your comments to the show,
    Chat to you all tomorrow,
    Kyra

Hi girls.

I received a letter today from 'The Former Management' at <snip> stating that I do not have PIP implants. As you can imagine I'm absolutely thrilled. The ones I have are brand name Allergan and they gave me my serial numbers. For anybody else who had their op in <snip> it looks like the IMB might be right in saying that <snip> only used PIP implants from 2007 onwards as I had mine done in 2005.

I would just like to add that you all have my full support and I am 100% behind the cause. I have sent the link to the petition on to all my friends and family and most have already signed.

I think this is a terrific thread and has been an absolute Godsend to me in my personal hell over the last few weeks. Thanks so much to ye all and I wish ye all the best of luck with everything. I will continue to follow this thread in the hope that you will get the justice that you all so greatly deserve. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That is great news, I am delighted for you.:) Don't forget to go out this weekend and enjoy yourself

SBJ wrote: »
    Thanks Jeano8, I am going with <snip> as they are doing it foc but I am nervous and I cant afford to go down any other route, the soonest date for surgery they could give was 24th Feb but I cant do that day and so the next available was 29th feb.

Does anyone else feel silly for wanting implants in the first place? I went from an AA cup to a C up and all I wanted was to look like a woman and not a boy! At the time some people told me I was mad but after my surgery I developed a new confidence and have excelled socially and in my career, but now I feel like I'm being laughed at beacause it has all gone so horribly wrong:(

Hey SJB,

So sorry to hear you need sugery, but the best of luck to you. I totally understand your comment above about feeling silly, I had the same converstion with my mum yesterday, but as she said to me -up to now and before all these PIP issues came to light, I was very happy with my decision. None of us took the decison for surgery lightly. Look at the positives it has given you, don't let anyone that that away from you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

kyra123 wrote: »
    Hi girls,

The Ray D'arcy show are going to be talking about PIP implants tomorrow morning on Today FM.
    I hope to be talking to them about 9.30am about the whole issue, our action group and the petition:eek: ( am so nervous)
    Hope you can all listen in I ll do my best to get all our points out there, high light the whole issue and get us some support.

Please Please text in your comments to the show,
    Chat to you all tomorrow,
    Kyra

GOOD LUCK KYRA , I AM ALREADY TUNED IN !!!! xxxxx

Hey SJB,

So sorry to hear you need sugery, but the best of luck to you. I totally understand your comment above about feeling silly, I had the same converstion with my mum yesterday, but as she said to me -up to now and before all these PIP issues came to light, I was very happy with my decision. None of us took the decison for surgery lightly. Look at the positives it has given you, don't let anyone that that away from you:)

Don't be judging yourself please ,you did what is right to do !!! I was very happy with my decission then , what I am not happy now is faulty product they used and the harm they did to us ...thats what I am not happy about not about my breasts !!! I hope you ok and don't worry !!

jeano8 wrote: »
    Hi sbj thats awful news i hope u are ok u poor thing why do u hav to wait so long for surgery and are u going with <snip> again? If u need anything just pm me

Awww I am so sorry to hear !! I had my scan and also was bad news :( they told me I have leek in my left breast I know how you feel , its hard to stay strong , but pls do ...your nightmare will be over soon !! I had them done with <snip> in 2007 . and I hated idea of going back to them to remove , so I didn't , I went to <snip> as they were the cheapest and it cost me 3500euro and the implant I used now is Nagor- High quality FDA-approved .For anyone who is going for <snip> they are using ALLERGAN IMPLANTS AND NAGOR IMPLANTS ! But implant choice is your choice I am just informing what was my choice !

Nagor Silicone Implants Feature:
    Nagotex® surface texture
    Integral high performance silicone elastomer textured surface to disrupt alignment of collagen matrix within the capsule.
    `Non-foam` design to reduce potential risk of infection due to entrapment of tissue exudate which can occur in open cells and large interconnecting pores.
    Barrier Shell Technology
    Restricts gel permeation through the entire implant surface
    High performance silicones
    Maximises strength and durability and retains soft, pliable characteristics to facilitate insertion
    Extensive selection of profiles and sizes
    Offers wide range of options to accommodate individual patient requirements
    High quality FDA-approved

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

That is great news, I am delighted for you.:) Don't forget to go out this weekend and enjoy yourself

Ah great news, so relieved and happy for you.:) Keep supporting us, thanks.

Hi SBJ, I finally got letter from <snip> confirming that I have PIPs but they never gave me a referral for a scan, I had to go thru my doc for that and pay privately, only getting scan done this friday in <snip>......am really nervous now and terrifeid of the news I will get...can I ask, did they tell u staight away after scan if there was a problem? Also did u have any symptoms that they were ruptured....god i cant believe that both have ruptured on u, thats awful, can blame u for being so scared, i am very anxious too about getting more surgery!

Hi there Caroline,
    You're doing the right thing by going for the scan in <snip>. Best of luck with it tomorrow, the staff there were lovely I have to say. Have a chat with the radiographer about anything relating to your breasts while he/she is performing the ultrasound. It'll take your mind of what they're actually doing, it's not uncomfortable in any way. Yes you will get your results immediately, they'll be able to tell straight away from the scan and they'll give you a copy if you request same and send a copy to your GP. You can then make the next steps to take. Try remain calm and think positive:) let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

saulite wrote: »
    GOOD LUCK KYRA , I AM ALREADY TUNED IN !!!! xxxxx

Hey Kyra,
    Can I just say a massive well done to you for speaking out so confidently on the show this morning. We're all so proud of you, and will support you all the way. It's a road we're all travelling together, and we will get there. Lots of hard work and sheer determination has been done so far, so keep it up girls. Feedback from Ray was great too, nice to have his support too.

Great way to start the day on a positive note Kyra:D

Hi Girls,

Thank you all for your support this morning when I was on thr Ray D'arcy show. I was very nervous so I hope I reflected everyone s feeling correctly. The coverage has been great the group (PIP Action Group) are
    getting an influx of e mail from women effected.

The Petition numbers have jumped from 276 yesterday to 471 -in only two hours since the interview:D. So thank you all.

Hi Girls,

Thank you all for your support this morning when I was on thr Ray D'arcy show. I was very nervous so I hope I reflected everyone s feeling correctly. The coverage has been great the group (PIP Action Group) are

The Petition numbers have jumped from 276 yesterday to 471 -in only two hours since the interview:D. So thank you all.

You were so great and he was very supportive , huuuuge respect !!!!
    And thanks to everyone who supporting us !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SBJ

Hi SBJ, I finally got letter from <snip> confirming that I have PIPs but they never gave me a referral for a scan, I had to go thru my doc for that and pay privately, only getting scan done this friday in <snip>.....am really nervous now and terrifeid of the news I will get...can I ask, did they tell u staight away after scan if there was a problem? Also did u have any symptoms that they were ruptured....god i cant believe that both have ruptured on u, thats awful, can blame u for being so scared, i am very anxious too about getting more surgery!

Hi Caroline,

I insisted <snip> provide me with a referal letter for an MRI as my health insurance will cover the cost of an MRI but not an Ultra Sound. I had the MRI done on Monday but there was no breast doctor available to give me the results so I contacted <snip> on Tuesday and and got my results faxed to them straight away.
    I have had some mild symptoms in my right breast for the past few weeks, muscle soreness and my nipple has become hyper sensative but no symtoms at all in my left breast.

I am so anxious about the surgery but I have to keep positive, this time next month these implants will be gone and all I can do is hope there has been no longterm damage from the ruptures, luckily I have no leakage so I have to keep positive or I'll crack as you can probably tell from my previous posts I have now gone into practical mode to try stop myself from totally freaking out.

I hope you scan goes good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kiwi44

Hi I too have been told I have pip implants.I had mine done in <snip>.I went to meet with the doctor today and he is sure my implants are intact but I'm going to <snip> for my scan nxt week.He told me if they are ruptured they will be removed and replaced for free if not it will cost 1300 for removal only 1800 for removal and replacement and 2000 if I wanted Fba approved implants.If mine are intact he said there is no need to do anything I asked what if I have problems in the nxt few years he told me they will be removed and replaced free of charge once my implants are less than 10 years old.I asked about removing implants and gettiing a lift instead( I'm not sure ether I trust any implant inside me now)but he said as I had quiet large implants he wouldn't suggest this as I would not be in proportion with the rest of my body he suggested a lift with a small implant if I wanted to go down this route he would not charge me for the implant but the surgery would cost 7350!! the implant only costs 650!so I wnt be going down this route!!So now I don't know what to do.I'v been on to a solicitor <mod snip> and she sent me out the consent form but I dnt know whether to go down the legal road or not there is no fee at the moment but I'm not sure what the story is later on and I dnt wnt to be left with a huge solicitors bill as well as hving to pay for replacement implants.I'd appreciate any suggestion girls.First time on here so sorry for the waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Well, I got the results of my MRI this evening and it says that there is no evidence of rupture which is good.

However it does say I have a very small bulge in my right implant which they think is probably a small external silicone leaking which is not good:(. Thankfully there is no evidence of silicone in my breast tissue or swelling of my lymph nodes. Well not yet anyway!

Don't really know what to do now. Don't know if there's any point contacting <snip> if my report doesn't say I have a confirmed rupture. Although I also don't understand how I can have a probable silicone leak if I don't have a rupture? Possibly its a gel bleed through the shell of the implant but the report doesn't specify how it might have happened.

Anyways, I had kind of decided prior to my MRI that I would have them replaced in May by <snip> but my hubby thinks it madness to pay out thousands of euro to another company if <snip> will do them for free.

Has anyone else been identified as having a probable leak but no rupture? And if so did the offer by <snip> still apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Hi Girls,

Just listened to your interview on podcast (missed it this morning). It was a really great interview and you came across very well.

For anyone else that missed it, click on the link below, select ray d'arcy show and click PIP implants podcast.
    http://media.todayfm.com/podcasts/popup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 catch1

Hi Girls,

WOW !!! You were amazing!! Well done you did us all so proud...Thank you XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jessiebelle

Kyra

I just listened to the Today Fm podcast.You were brilliant.You really did us all proud. Wish I was as brave as you! I still haven't told a lot of my friends yet.

I still haven't heard anything from <snip>. I'm trying to sort out my MRI. I had gotten an app with <snip>, but my boss wouldnt give me the time off work.I felt like walking out but my husband is unemployed so I'd no choice but to stay. I read on this that some of you have gotten app with <snip> so I called them last night. They do MRI at weekends so I faxed my GP ref letter today so hopefully I get an app soon.

Hope everybody is keeping their spirits up xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oriel33

Hi ladies,

Received my MRI results today and have been told that I have a total of four ruptures in my right breast. Smallest leakage is 1cm and the largest is 3cm.

I knew there was a chance that I would have a rupture but I'm still in absolute shock!
    Its a little bit worse that I am in Australia without the support of friends and family back home!

Sometimes all you want is a hug! Ha!

Also I am now in no-mans land because I doubt <snip> are going to pay to have my replacement surgery done here and I really dont have the funds to fly home!

I cant get in contact with them from over here as I dont have <snip> number so I have had to request a call back on their website and now have to wait on them to get in touch!

Stressful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Oriel33

By the way Kyra I'm listening to the ray d'arcy podcast, you did so well, u really have done us all proud! xox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SBJ

Oriel33 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Received my MRI results today and have been told that I have a total of four ruptures in my right breast. Smallest leakage is 1cm and the largest is 3cm.

I knew there was a chance that I would have a rupture but I'm still in absolute shock!
    Its a little bit worse that I am in Australia without the support of friends and family back home!

Also I am now in no-mans land because I doubt <snip> are going to pay to have my replacement surgery done here and I really dont have the funds to fly home!

I cant get in contact with them from over here as I dont have <snip> number so I have had to request a call back on their website and now have to wait on them to get in touch!

Stressful!

Hi Oriel33 - so sorry to hear your news, the <snip> number is
    <snip> ask to speak with <snip>, she has been extremley helpful and very supportive everytime I have rang so hopefully she will be able to stir you in the right direction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

Hi ladies,

Stressful!
    You poor thing hope ur doin ok like sjb said ring <snip> in <snip> surely they will have to accomodate u over there do u hav any support network over there? Just to let u know there is also a facebook pagge with info and links its called pip action group there is also links to te twitter page and website and there is a petition i hope u are ok if u need anytging just pm me

kiwi44 wrote: »
    Hi I too have been told I have pip implants.I had mine done in <snip>.I went to meet with the doctor today and he is sure my implants are intact but I'm going to <snip> for my scan nxt week.He told me if they are ruptured they will be removed and replaced for free if not it will cost 1300 for removal only 1800 for removal and replacement and 2000 if I wanted Fba approved implants.If mine are intact he said there is no need to do anything I asked what if I have problems in the nxt few years he told me they will be removed and replaced free of charge once my implants are less than 10 years old.I asked about removing implants and gettiing a lift instead( I'm not sure ether I trust any implant inside me now)but he said as I had quiet large implants he wouldn't suggest this as I would not be in proportion with the rest of my body he suggested a lift with a small implant if I wanted to go down this route he would not charge me for the implant but the surgery would cost 7350!! the implant only costs 650!so I wnt be going down this route!!So now I don't know what to do.I'v been on to a solicitor <mod snip> and she sent me out the consent form but I dnt know whether to go down the legal road or not there is no fee at the moment but I'm not sure what the story is later on and I dnt wnt to be left with a huge solicitors bill as well as hving to pay for replacement implants.I'd appreciate any suggestion girls.First time on here so sorry for the waffle

Hi there Kiwi,
    Ok first of all it's good that he thinks your implants are intact, so go for your ultrasound in <snip> next week and see how you get on from there. Staff there are lovely so ask the radiographer any questions you may have while the scan is being done. You'll get your results there and then, copy will be sent to the surgeon and your own GP also.
    Totally your own decision as to what to do after that. FDA approved is the way to go, that's just my opinion.
    Be careful what you're signing from legal people, always check it twice and quiz them about fees etc, no win no fee, but are there any other hidden costs to pay upfront? what's their fee if it's a win situation? what percentage will they take? ask for it in writing;) So you're right you don't need a big solicitors bill when it's your health that comes first.

Have a look at our website, www.pipactiongroup.com it has all the links to twitter and facebook, and don't forget to sign the petition, thanks. <snip> have been showing much more support than <snip> so let's hope they continue to do so.

Hi ladies,

Stressful!

my god you poor girl, Jesus look for the PIP support group over there they will help you and give you some support I promise you.
    I will send you a private mail now with <snip> number on it now,
    If there is anything i can do mail me. Try to stay strongx

Hey all out there,

Are there any Clane PIP girls out there I would really love to speak with you so that we the group PIP Action Group Ireland are reflecting your experience correctly, please mail me.

Thanks all for all the support,

Kyra

Hey all out there,

Are there any CLANE PIP girls out there I would really love to speak with you so that we the group PIP Action Group Ireland are reflecting your experience correctly, please mail me.

Thanks all for all the support,

Kyra

Yes missing you all :( all here on my own and believe me I really need your support more than ever now

Hi ladies,

Stressful!

Hi Oriel,
    I see some of the other girls have replied to you also....just want to say sorry to hear your news, so giant hugs being sent your way. You sound like a strong girl, so please stay that way. Don't rule out <snip> just yet, keep stalking them on an hourly basis if you have to. I do hope they contact you soon and in the meantime we are all here to help and support you. Only this week have we got websites, facebook page, twitter etc up and running, which is brilliant. We have our network and all are working hard going forward. So don't hesitate to contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Upset lady

Hi Girls,

Hi Kyra

Heard your interview on the podcast last night ...well done you came across very well and represented us very well and don't
    worry your head about any negative comments.
    I haven't posted much but read the forum everyday :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Upset lady

Well, I got the results of my MRI this evening and it says that there is no evidence of rupture which is good.

However it does say I have a very small bulge in my right implant which they think is probably a small external silicone leaking which is not good:(. Thankfully there is no evidence of silicone in my breast tissue or swelling of my lymph nodes. Well not yet anyway!

Don't really know what to do now. Don't know if there's any point contacting <snip> if my report doesn't say I have a confirmed rupture. Although I also don't understand how I can have a probable silicone leak if I don't have a rupture? Possibly its a gel bleed through the shell of the implant but the report doesn't specify how it might have happened.

Anyways, I had kind of decided prior to my MRI that I would have them replaced in May by <snip> but my hubby thinks it madness to pay out thousands of euro to another company if <snip> will do them for free.

Has anyone else been identified as having a probable leak but no rupture? And if so did the offer by <snip> still apply?
    Hi Evergreen

Sorry to hear about a small external leak ....did anyone explain the results fully to you. Hope your OK ....your advice to me when I first posted here
    really got me through a bad patch when first found out I had PIP's. Try and stay strong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement