Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Pippy12

kyra123 wrote: »
    I finally got my medical records from <snip> because I went to the Dublin office and demanded them.
    When They were opened the before and after photo s of my breasts were missing. I ask where they were and I was told by the staff that they did know they were nt in my original file. I call them yesterday to follow up, They had not done a thing to locate them. A follow up sheet from July 2009 when I visited them with the complaint of pain in my breast was also missing.
    :(

Thanks for bringing that to my attention Kyra. I hadn't even thought about the before and after pictures! They weren't with my records either! I'll ring <snip> on Monday and enquire as well. I also returened to <snip> a year after my op about discomfort and rippling and there is no record of this visit in my records either.

There was a copy of their current price list included in my records with other patients info (obviously another mistake on <snip>'s behalf!). For the rep of Ireland:
    Price List Price list less 10%
    Implant removal : 5245 4720.50
    Change of implants : 6390 5751

By the looks of it <snip> are offering to replace their dodgy implants at a discount of 10%!! Pathetic! And they are not even FDA approved implants they are replacing them with!
    I went to <snip> for free consulation and they said it would be 5500 for replacement implants whose manufacturers are FDA approved and the implants are currently undergoing approval. How can <snip> justify charging so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Be very careful out there girls going for consultations, especially with regard to the last sentence "whose manufacturers are FDA approved and the implants are currently undergoing approval"
    I much prefer the sound of FDA APPROVED manufacturer and FDA APPROVED implant.
    Again here we have another cosmetic crowd offering to "help" at a cost of €5500, that's €2000 more expensive than <snip>? Their implants must be made of gold are they:confused: Capitalists the bloody lot of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Pippy12 wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention Kyra. I hadn't even thought about the before and after pictures! They weren't with my records either! I'll ring <snip> on Monday and enquire as well. I also returened to <snip> a year after my op about discomfort and rippling and there is no record of this visit in my records either.

There was a copy of their current price list included in my records with other patients info (obviously another mistake on <snip>s behalf!). For the rep of Ireland:
    Price List Price list less 10%
    Implant removal : 5245 4720.50
    Change of implants : 6390 5751

By the looks of it <snip> are offering to replace their dodgy implants at a discount of 10%!! Pathetic! And they are not even FDA approved implants they are replacing them with!
    I went to <snip> for free consulation and they said it would be 5500 for replacement implants whose manufacturers are FDA approved and the implants are currently undergoing approval. How can <snip> justify charging so much!!

my god pippy you are joking! You are the second girl on the board to say that other patients details were mixed in with their from <snip>. The complete lack of regard for our confidentially:mad: have they ever hear of the protection and Data and information act jesus.... we all need to start complaining about them to data protection.
    strange that your follow up records were missing too emmmm.. I was ther is 2009 eight months before the final recall of PIP emmmmm.. What year were you there?
    I was at <snip> too, if I had the money I would be booked in next week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Hey Ladies, and people in general out there,

This thread has had 18,527 views since it began.

If only all you people out there who are reading this thread would sign our petition and like our facebook page, it would make such a difference and really help our cause.

So please do sign up and help us, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

No before or after photos in my <snip> records either and my surgeon now has his own clinic in <snip> so I guess my photos are in a photo album there :(.

Re the whole FDA approved implant discussion - please be aware that only the Allergan Natrelle and Mentor MemoryGel implants are FDA approved. Both companies make other implants eg. Allergan CUI etc which are not FDA approved so don't just assume because you are getting an Allergan or Mentor implant, that they are FDA approved.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ImplantsandProsthetics/BreastImplants/ucm259866.htm

• Advertisement

Pixiejane wrote: »
    I much prefer the sound of FDA APPROVED manufacturer and FDA APPROVED implant.
    Again here we have another cosmetic crowd offering to "help" at a cost of €5500, that's €2000 more expensive than <snip>? Their implants must be made of gold are they:confused: Capitalists the bloody lot of them!

Definitely capitalists out for what they can get!! It is very difficult in America to even get a trial for FDA approval, so that is a very positive sign. I think there are actually only about 2 FDA approved implants. <snip> are using a cheaper form of the FDA approved implants! While it is made by the same company, there are a couple of different types of implants and I would not be visiting <snip> for my surgery as I would not be comfortable having their implants! If you check out the list that is posted a few pages back you can see the diff brands and types of implants. Still don't see why we should have to pay anything to have them replaced though! If a child's car seat was recalled, would the government leave the people who had already purchased them to take a chance and put their kids in and hope that there wasn't an accident!!I don't think so! Don't know who to trust at this stage.

kyra123 wrote: »
    strange that your follow up records were missing too emmmm.. I was ther is 2009 eight months before the final recall of PIP emmmmm.. What year were you there?
    I was at <snip> too, if I had the money I would be booked in next week:(

Had my operation in 2006, so would have revisited sometime in 2007. Ragin I don't remember exact date! suppose I never thought this was going to happen! I was really happy with guy in <snip> to but like you i'm stone broke! unemployed student!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

No before or after photos in my <snip> records either and my surgeon now has his own clinic in <snip> so I guess my photos are in a photo album there :(.

Re the whole FDA approved implant discussion - please be aware that only the Allergan Natrelle and Mentor MemoryGel implants are FDA approved. Both companies make other implants eg. Allergan CUI etc which are not FDA approved so don't just assume because you are getting an Allergan or Mentor implant, that they are FDA approved.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ImplantsandProsthetics/BreastImplants/ucm259866.htm
    Did everyone ekse notuce that pip implants were also marketed under another name i saw this in the imb report cant remember the name right now but il find out so there cud b other women out there with unsafe implanys and they dont even realise so mad about all this i tell u!!!!

Same boat as you evergreen girl absolutely crazy!! I had checked out that website as well thanks for reposting it I think everyone should have a proper read before they rush into anything!

Rang Lavelle Colleman today apparently the fee can be paid in installements and we have until next year to pay. all well and good if I had money to use for installements! Don't know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jessiebelle

Hey everyone,

After reading a lot of the posts here I decided to call a solicitor. She said that she will get my medical records for me from <snip>. After reading the recent posts, I realise the "no win, no fee" isnt really what it seems. I most def would not be able to afford a solicitor. I mean it starts off at E750 but then what else.I know in the long run if the case was successful then it would be fine but how long would that take and how much to get there.
    I don't mean to sound negative about it but everything just seems to be getting worse instead of better.
    Sorry maybe I'm just having one of those days!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sunny130

Hi lillzo, I also got mine done in <snip> which went bust. Do you have the liquidators address? I need to get my medical records too. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hi everyone,

Just a note, you can mention clinics etc for the purpose of highlighting the issue to others and aiding them in seeking results, but please be aware that any potentially libelous or derogatory comments will be removed.

All the best,

S

Hey everyone,

After reading a lot of the posts here I decided to call a solicitor. She said that she will get my medical records for me from <snip>. After reading the recent posts, I realise the "no win, no fee" isnt really what it seems. I most def would not be able to afford a solicitor. I mean it starts off at E750 but then what else.I know in the long run if the case was successful then it would be fine but how long would that take and how much to get there.
    I don't mean to sound negative about it but everything just seems to be getting worse instead of better.
    Sorry maybe I'm just having one of those days!:confused:

Hi Jessiebelle
    If you send a written letter to <snip> requesting your records they have to send you a copy. I sent mine by registered post so they couldn't say they never received it! I got the records within about 10days then. I rang the solictor today as I had much of the same questions that you have. She said there would be no fee on their behalf besides the 922(fee including VAT) I then asked what would happen if we lost, who would pay the defendants costs and she said that they wouldn't leave it come to that point where we would loose money!! I don't know really it's all a bit much! Between the original price we paid for the surgery, an MRI scan, solicitor fees, and removal and replacement a lotto win wouldn't even get a look in!

If only all you people out there who are reading this thread would sign our petition and like our facebook page, it would make such a difference and really help our cause.

Hi, do you have a link to your Facebook site? I just saw this forum and I had implants done with <snip> years ago. Not sure if they were PIP, as I still need to get my medical records. I'll sign the petition anyway. Thanks :)

sunny130 wrote: »
    Hi, do you have a link to your Facebook site? I just saw this forum and I had implants done with <snip> years ago. Not sure if they were PIP, as I still need to get my medical records. I'll sign the petition anyway. Thanks :)

Hi Sunny,

The facebook page is called Removal of toxic PIP implants in Irish women
    search it under communities. The search will come up 0 found but if you click on the 0 found it will be there. Hope to set up a facebook community at some stage this week then people could leave posts on the page, but am not the best with computers so bear with me:(

Please 'LIKE' the page and 'share' it with others.

Great to see new girls on the board, thanks for helping

link to the petition
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/removal-and-replacement-of-pip-breast-implants-in/

Facebook page
    Removal of Toxic PIP implants in Irish women
    search under communities- it will come up zero found, click on the 'zero found ' and it will come up:)

Thanks Kyra... thats done :)

jeano8 wrote: »
    Did everyone ekse notuce that pip implants were also marketed under another name i saw this in the imb report cant remember the name right now but il find out so there cud b other women out there with unsafe implanys and they dont even realise so mad about all this i tell u!!!!

Hi Jean08,
    might save you from reading the report again :) - from what I've been reading, the affected implants other than those produced by PIP are as follows:

Rofil-M implants (PIP implants rebranded by a dutch company)
    TiBREEZE implants (a german implant manufactured using PIP silicone)

jeano8 wrote: »

Hi Jean08,
    might save you from reading the report again :) - from what I've been reading, the affected implants other than those produced by PIP are as follows:

Rofil-M implants (PIP implants rebranded by a dutch company)
    TiBREEZE implants (a german implant manufactured using PIP silicone)
    Thanks for that evergreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 russellsarah

Hi

I got my Implants done in <snip> which have gone into liquidasation, I am very concerned. I had them done in August 2005 in <snip>. I have no records at all to tell me the make of the implants, i am very concernered they could be PIP. I am not sure who i can contact to even get my records or even if they exist anywhere. I feel so stupid for not having any info. Please please if anyone can help, please email or post something on the forum. Thankyou

• Advertisement

Hi

I got my Implants done in <snip> which have gone into liquidasation, I am very concerned. I had them done in August 2005 in <snip>. I have no records at all to tell me the make of the implants, i am very concernered they could be PIP. I am not sure who i can contact to even get my records or even if they exist anywhere. I feel so stupid for not having any info. Please please if anyone can help, please email or post something on the forum. Thankyou

Hi Sarah,
    there are a couple of other girls on this thread in the same boat as you who also had their surgery with ACS. Applejam had posted this previously in response to another girls query which might be of help to you.

"The liquidators for ACS are Smyth Williams and Freeny, they should have your medical records on file, I spoke to them this morning and have sent a letter in to request all records they have on me.
    01-6142500

ACS were supplied mostly by Teckno Surgical, and there implants are Eurosilicone and so far they are amongst the safe group ( I have these implanted by ACS in 2002 ) they are surgical grade silicone.
    01-6754800

Give the Irish Medicines Board a call, they will tell you what implants you have or at least they will tell you the company that ACS bout their implants off at the time of your surgery and you can work from there
    "

Best of luck, hopefully you don't have PIPs!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

Hi Ladies we cant stress this enough but if everyone could sign the petition and like the facebook page we have a chance to get somewhere with this, family and friends can help too we need to get as many signatures as possible!!! At the minute signature count is 255 so we really need more help.

link to the petition
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/r...t-implants-in/

Facebook page
    search under communities- it will come up zero found, click on the 'zero found ' and it will come up:D

Russellsarah hope you get sorted re medical records

Hows everyone today, hope you are all doing well!

ilmm2012 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies we cant stress this enough but if everyone could sign the petition and like the facebook page we have a chance to get somewhere with this, family and friends can help too we need to get as many signatures as possible!!! At the minute signature count is 255 so we really need more help.

link to the petition
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/r...t-implants-in/

Facebook page
    search under communities- it will come up zero found, click on the 'zero found ' and it will come up:D

Russellsarah hope you get sorted re medical records

Hows everyone today, hope you are all doing well!
    Hi girls the new facebook page is up ajd running its under the name pip action group and the link to the petition is up there also so please like the page and post if u like ajd share the petition with everyone u can as this wud really get the numbers moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bettylil

Hi girls
    My friend is going for removal/replacement this thurs with <snip> at <snip>. same surgeon and free because she has rupture and leakage. worried sick about the whole thing and also worried in case they insist on her signing disclaimer re compensation because she feels very strongly they have been negligent in the extreme. even if they take them out she is left wondering what harm they have done already and will do in the future. she has been treated so bad like all of you - if she had listened to her surgeon she would not have gone for the scan and found out she has rupture and leakage-ladies beware- dont go by surgeon examining you!!!they will tell you anything.

Have any of you been through this stage already? she is afraid if there is any hitch as she cannot afford to pay for op elsewhere and is also worried about what implants they will use. due to see the surgeon tomorrow and dreading it . she has no computer access but I keep her up to date with your advice

have got a few more people to sign the petition . Will see who else I can ask tomorrow. good luck everyone

Bettylil wrote: »
    Hi girls
    My friend is going for removal/replacement this thurs with <snip> at <snip>. same surgeon and free because she has rupture and leakage. worried sick about the whole thing and also worried in case they insist on her signing disclaimer re compensation because she feels very strongly they have been negligent in the extreme. even if they take them out she is left wondering what harm they have done already and will do in the future. she has been treated so bad like all of you - if she had listened to her surgeon she would not have gone for the scan and found out she has rupture and leakage-ladies beware- dont go by surgeon examining you!!!they will tell you anything.

Have any of you been through this stage already? she is afraid if there is any hitch as she cannot afford to pay for op elsewhere and is also worried about what implants they will use. due to see and also she could try to ape the surgeon tomorrow and dreading it . she has no computer access but I keep her up to date with your advice

have got a few more people to sign the petition . Will see who else I can ask tomorrow. good luck everyone
    Hi bettylil
    just to put ur mind at ease i had that surgeon and he is actually brilliant my only problem is with the inferior product they used she should firstly bring someone supportive to her meeting tomorrow and she should ask what implants they will be using and researchthem to see if they are fda apprived and safe she could also contact the imb to see if they list this new implant as safe she should also not sign anything without having a solicitor look over it first and if money is an issue there she could contact the free legal advice centre flac if u google it there is a number she could also try to get advice from an independant surgeon about the new implants any helath implications hope this puts her mind at rest and tell her best of luck with it all and a big thabks for supporting the petition let us know how she gets on

Hi girls,

Just to let you know we now have a PIP Action Group twitter account:

@PIPACTIONGROUP

Please follow and contribute, lets get this big ball rolling and get tweeting, you never know we might start a trend on Twitter.

More to come.

Hope all are doing well today, forum very quiet.

Stay strong.

ilmm2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bettylil

My friend had her pre op meeting today before the remove and replace on Thurs. took her sister who was great for moral support -went in with her and also read over the paperwork with her - one clause said something like " I hereby agree that I will not hold HMG responsible for anything that happens during the procedure", wasnt very keen to sign that and queried it with nurse who said it is normal part of consent form. asked if she could take it home to think about it and bring it with her on Thurs but was told no they have to have it before then. on back ofpaperwork it said" this is not a legal waiver" so reluctantly signed. new implants will be Allergan so intends to read up about them between now and thurs. Her surgeon (Mr V)- is that the surgeon you think is brilliant?- was not particularly warm or friendly but as long as he does a good job she can deal with that. Because she has rupture and leaks he will have to try and get as much of that away as possible. Says there can be very small particles which the human eye cannot see but these will be excreted by the body.

relieved to have that part over - totally exhausted. thanks for all your advice Jean -have passed it on to her.

Bettylil wrote: »
    My friend had her pre op meeting today before the remove and replace on Thurs. took her sister who was great for moral support -went in with her and also read over the paperwork with her - one clause said something like " I hereby agree that I will not hold HMG responsible for anything that happens during the procedure", wasnt very keen to sign that and queried it with nurse who said it is normal part of consent form. asked if she could take it home to think about it and bring it with her on Thurs but was told no they have to have it before then. on back ofpaperwork it said" this is not a legal waiver" so reluctantly signed. new implants will be Allergan so intends to read up about them between now and thurs. Her surgeon (Mr V)- is that the surgeon you think is brilliant?- was not particularly warm or friendly but as long as he does a good job she can deal with that. Because she has rupture and leaks he will have to try and get as much of that away as possible. Says there can be very small particles which the human eye cannot see but these will be excreted by the body.

relieved to have that part over - totally exhausted. thanks for all your advice Jean -have passed it on to her.

Bettylil your poor friend I hope all goes well for her on Thurs with her operation, she's right to question everything, we cant take any chances with these guys!
    These articles make for some interesting reading ladies....
    French officials knew about defective PIP #breastimplants in 1996,
    revealing problems with medical device regulations.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/world/europe/france-knew-of-breast-implant-problems-in-1996.html?_r=1
    Authorities in Germany have officially declared #PIPImplants as
    unsafe, but the debate continues across Europe
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/240984.php
    Hope everyone is keeping well there isnt much activity on here for the last few days
    Sarita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sfberry

Hi I'm new to this forum and I was just wondering does anyone know the clinics that have been using the PiP implants in Ireland? I got my implants in 2005 with the Advanced Cosmetic clinic in Dublin and they have since closed and I cannot get any information from anyone regarding what type of implants I received. It has me very worried. Would appreciate any info.
    Regards

• Advertisement

QUOTE=evergreen girl;76916071]
    there are a couple of other girls on this thread in the same boat as you who also had their surgery with ACS. Applejam had posted this previously in response to another girls query which might be of help to you.
    "The liquidators for ACS are Smyth Williams and Freeny, they should have your medical records on file, I spoke to them this morning and have sent a letter in to request all records they have on me.
    01-6142500
    ACS were supplied mostly by Teckno Surgical, and there implants are Eurosilicone and so far they are amongst the safe group ( I have these implanted by ACS in 2002 ) they are surgical grade silicone.
    01-6754800
    Give the Irish Medicines Board a call, they will tell you what implants you have or at least they will tell you the company that ACS bout their implants off at the time of your surgery and you can work from there
    "
    Hi there Sfberry this is from an earlier post hope tihs helps!
    Best of luck, hopefully you don't have PIPs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement