Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,740 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A girl messaged me "Hi how u"
    That doesn't usually warrent a response from me, I had a look at her profile anyways. My god but some people need a good shake sometimes!
    First off..txt spk..she's mid 20's, grow up.
    Second off, (now bear in mind it was written in txt spk but this is pretty much what I could make out)..she wants someone to be with her all the time and when he is not with her, to be emailing and texting her, and wait for it...thinking about her when she's not with him.
    I mean for effs sake, Needy MacNeedyson! "G'wan out of that" says I..to aul Mr Brennan..(rant)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

God, this shyness thing, I really need to learn it! I really don't know how to be shy ... I have no shame! If I fancy a guy, he knows it! :o

Ah no, you're just right, I think I'm just afraid of rejection or being laughed at, even if it's plainly obvious they like me too! I guess my body language would give off signals though.. Sometimes after they hold my hand or kiss me I tell them... :D

awec wrote: »
    :eek::eek: :pac:

What? :confused:
    I sometimes do just mean they are cute, nothing more! I meant if I'm with someone in person, not over messages!

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh for gods sake, just got another mad message...:rolleyes:

OMG!!!!! u r such an existing angel on earth, how are u? I liek ur pet, watz de name?
    Hope u r taking gud care of it?

This time its from a guy in the USA.

• Advertisement

Ack you didn't get the in-joke. :o

When you were critiquing my okc for me you said my photo was "cute". :pac:

Haha yea I thought that when I was replying, I was thinking I'd said cute... it is cute, but I need an older man :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Date moved to today. In a few hours to be exact. I don't really fancy the dude. He's funny and cool though so I thought, why not? Still, I am so effing nervous. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

This thread is awesome. Now could you all put links to your profiles in your sigs for the chronically curious lurkers among us? *Not me* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

First profile view by a guy, is this normal :D ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This thread is awesome. Now could you all put links to your profiles in your sigs for the chronically curious lurkers among us? *Not me* :D

If you want to check some of us out, just ask ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

If you want to check some of us out, just ask ;P

My boyfriend is surely already thinking: "Why does she spend so much time reading a thread about online dating?" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

My boyfriend is surely already thinking: "Why does she spend so much time reading a thread about online dating?" :D

Well then its "Know your clubbers" for you as well so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Date moved to today. In a few hours to be exact. I don't really fancy the dude. He's funny and cool though so I thought, why not? Still, I am so effing nervous. :eek:

Bit late, but hope it goes well!! :)

Does my picture still show in that thread? When I go to it I can't see it? :(

Yeap

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I find it quite ironic that I'm writing a thesis based around love...

*Dips in to bucket of ice cream. Nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

long time lurker :o

ok feck feck feck... I've done it..

I swore I'd never go back to it..

Just signed up again..

Jaysus here goes nothing and everything..

The fact that I'm a bit older makes it a bigger quagmire than for you youngsters.. :p

Wish me luck and hope I can entertain you with my experiences..

I'm terrified already..

• Advertisement

foxinsox wrote: »
    long time lurker :o

...first time caller?

:pac:

g'luck :)

OMG..

Ok forget this dating lark..

On the site I signed up to, first thing I spot is free download of retro games..

Sonic the Hedgehog :eek:

Men on site may have to wait for ravishing..

Apologies for double post..

But..

Only one hour in and I got me some winners :rolleyes:

"hello!! princes!how are you doing?"

princes ????????????

20yr old from Spain

64yr old from Oz

53yr old from UK

28yr old from Waterford

19yr old from Laois

58yr old from Germany

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

First profile view by a guy, is this normal :D ?

Only your first? Dispite only seeking women I get about one e-mail a month or so from guys looking for "straight" guys because its more fun which is pretty weird when you think about it.

Aaaannd cue a load of guys staring disappointingly at their screens.

I see OKCupid has changed their site a lot. Apparently I get 13 views a week. Not bad, I guess, considering I barely go on there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Just got back from the date. He was exactly what I expected. Funny and cool and I still don't fancy him. :-( Now I don't know what to do. He was so nice and when he asked me if I wanted to go out again, I said yes. :o He was so nice- I couldn't say no. Now I feel like a ****ty person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Just got back from the date. He was exactly what I expected. Funny and cool and I still don't fancy him. :-( Now I don't know what to do. He was so nice and when he asked me if I wanted to go out again, I said yes. :o He was so nice- I couldn't say no. Now I feel like a ****ty person.

Imo I wouldn't go out with him again, it's not fair to string him along I think. Not your fault if you don't fancy him though!

I hate being asked that at the end of dates though, I mean you sort of have to say yes then don't you?
    (Or at least if you're cowardly like me you do... :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Puts you on the spot a bit. Would ask in a text later / the next day.

Definitely! would be unfair to ask them on the spot at the end of the date imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement