Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

<<<<Thats my happy face.

Oh I see... So then the happier you are the more wrinkly? I don't think that's how it works on all levels :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Misticles wrote: »
    Oh I see... So then the happier you are the more wrinkly? I don't think that's how it works on all levels :P

There are different types of happy face Misti.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Misticles wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

I've been following this (and the last) thread since the start. It's great to get the insights from everyone else's experiences so I thought I'll stop lurking and post something.

I've been online dating for over two years now. I've had crap dates and excellent dates, met up after two days of messaging and met up after a month. I've had several (short) relationships from it and one of those is still one of my best friends now. I dont think its possible, for me at least, to know if I'll get on with the girl until we actually meet up regardless of how well we get on over email. I very rarely ever send the first message because I got sick of putting in lots of effort only to be ignored so now I tend to just chat with whoever messages me.

Over the weekend I was bored and brought my answered questions up from around100 to almost 500 on OK Cupid. I sent a message to my new highest match and have been getting on incredibly well over email and we're meeting up tomorrow night. I'm actually starting to think there might be something to the match system but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

There are different types of happy face Misti.

:pac:

Is there a montage of all of these faces?

/ leaves before I pull the tone waaaay down and Otis has to talk in bold to me

:PAC:

• Advertisement

Fail! They are the same faces with the same amount of happy lines!

You can't dupe me Otis!

Hmmm,I reckon the montage may be better left to the imagination so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Every cute guy I get chatting to ends up being a boardsie. :pac: Seriously, OKC and Boards need to do some sort of mega-merge!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Every cute guy I get chatting to ends up being a boardsie. :pac: Seriously, OKC and Boards need to do some sort of mega-merge!

Guys don't like to be called cute. :p

• Advertisement

I'm from Sligo. It's different to Dublin meaning! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

mood wrote: »
    Some people just don't have the time. And I've gotten abuse and pestered for sending a polite no thanks. I'm sure some guys have had the same experience.

Overall though, it is politer to just reply saying thanks but no thanks, you're not my type. I've ignored a few people who've messaged me, and they continued to message me, so I had to mail them to put them out of their misery :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Couldn't just block'em no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

missbelle wrote: »
    Overall though, it is politer to just reply saying thanks but no thanks, you're not my type. I've ignored a few people who've messaged me, and they continued to message me, so I had to mail them to put them out of their misery :p

Some of them men creatures are persistent little buggers! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

In a message:

me: You're cute
    him: I choose to take that as a compliment.

So yeah, why are guys iffy about cute. Cute is a good thing- where I am from at least. What's the Dublin meaning that Chaterpillar is talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    In a message:

So yeah, why are guys iffy about cute. Cute is a good thing- where I am from at least. What's the Dublin meaning that Chaterpillar is talking about?

Cute often gets used by girls to describe men they are not attracted to in a relationship way, they say the guy is cute like a little brother or good friend relationship. If a guy is attractive to a woman they are more likely to be called handsome or good looking rather than cute.

That's the generalisation anyway. One step up from cute is adorable, worst thing to hear from a woman you are interested in.

Maguined wrote: »
    Cute often gets used by girls to describe men they are not attracted to in a relationship way, they say the guy is cute like a little brother or good friend relationship. If a guy is attractive to a woman they are more likely to be called handsome or good looking rather than cute.

That's the generalisation anyway. One step up from cute is adorable, worst thing to hear from a woman you are interested in.

I was thinking it's a very feminin type of compliment more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I've a very bad habit of saying guys are pretty :o

Pembily wrote: »

I'm not too sure which'll be worse :confused:

Just don't use'em together :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I was thinking it's a very feminin type of compliment more so.

Feminine is good. Dudes need to connect more with their feminine anyway. ;)
    Pembily wrote: »

Although I don't think it's a bad habit. I think guys should appreciate and even own this- it makes you more 'relatable'. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Although I don't think it's a bad habit. I think guys should appreciate and even own this- it makes you more 'relatable'. :)

Don't want to start a war on this thread but any woman I have ever met that says guys need to connect with their feminine side I have always found they eventually dumped their boyfriends for not being "man enough". Be careful what you wish for! :P

I'll let a woman have a feminine side and I'll connect with that thank you very much. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I asked her on a second date ..... she said yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

kingtut wrote: »
    I asked her on a second date ..... she said yes :D

Woohoo go you!! :D

In a message:

Maguined wrote: »

OK well "adorable" is definitely friend-zone territory!

I think that maybe the Dublin - well, Irish - meaning of cute, is similar to "adorable" - cute like a puppy dog! I don't mean it that way though, if I describe someone as cute, it means I think they're hot/rideable/yummy/etc. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

if I describe someone as cute, it means I think they're hot/rideable/yummy/etc

So if Jackie Healy-Rae is a cute Kerry hoor, then you think he is hot/rideable/yummy or is this an etc?

Couldn't just block'em no?

Hm never thought of that - very direct way that of letting someone know I'm not interested :o

I don't mean it that way though, if I describe someone as cute, it means I think they're hot/rideable/yummy/etc. :pac:

Me too! I tell guys they are cute, means I like them, but am too shy to say they're gorgeous or gimme butterflies in the tummy feeling :o
    I'm a shy girl around guys I fancy :P

ardmacha wrote: »
    So if Jackie Healy-Rae is a cute Kerry hoor, then you think he is hot/rideable/yummy or is this an etc?

Jackie Healy-Rae is certainly cute, but definitely falls into the "etc" category of the definition! :pac:
    missbelle wrote: »
    Me too! I tell guys they are cute, means I like them, but am too shy to say they're gorgeous or gimme butterflies in the tummy feeling :o
    I'm a shy girl around guys I fancy :P

God, this shyness thing, I really need to learn it! I really don't know how to be shy ... I have no shame! If I fancy a guy, he knows it! :o

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,572 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement