Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunphy describes Ireland as a Kip, a Dump.

Options
  • 28-01-2012 12:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭

Was he correct to describe our little country as a dump?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

If it doesn't have a licence...it's an illegal dump...but tell that to the b*stard county councilors and politicians who let a mass illegal dump thrive just outside Naas...Co Kildare...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Iaarlaaand is teeerible, baby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Was he correct to describe our little country as a dump?

No i dont like it dont like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

He's hating it. Ba da ba ba ba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

He was right it is and will be for the foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

he likes big butts and he cannot lie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I prefer the word shíthole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Couldnt give a shyte what he says. Fooking leather faced cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

It's a good country, not a great country Bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

In comparison to what? I think there are a lot more of bigger "dumps". Beside I think the corruption that stained ireland for a long time is cleaner now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

He also admitted to being a sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

No.

A dump is useful.

Ireland is not an international country, Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

This is the KIP he makes his money in. As i understand it, he has a second home in France,where I presume he pays his property taxes.
    Au Revoir

Whatever you think about Dunphy, it has to be said that he comes up with some hilarious shit..

"Kilbane's head is better than his feet. If only he had three heads, one on the end of each leg."

" Hartson is not a 7million pound player....its a disgrace, a shambles!
    This is the state of football today Bill. I have a clip here of why Hartson is NOT a £7million player....Roll it there Bill!
    OKAY, HOLD IT THERE BILL!!! (draws a circle around Hartson's arse) Bill, that is NOT the arse of a £7million player!''

Eamon Dunphy: "Look at Graeme, he won four Champions Leagues."
    Graeme Souness: " Three."
    Dunphy: " He won four league titles."
    Souness: "Five."
    Dunphy: "It's not bloody Mastermind."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Dunphy gets paid for being a gob****e. An entertaining gob****e but a gob****e none the less... Ireland isn't perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than some countries that are a whole lot worse... something he would see after living there and then maybe he wouldn't be so dramatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

People who stay here, enjoy benefits of living here... in his case plenty... and call here a dump tend to be insufferable.
    I'm not talking about criticism of here involving a bit of thought - but the "It's a dump!" stuff is what privileged teenagers say. At least they've the excuse of just being kiddies though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

This is a first-world country: objectively speaking, it's far from a dump.

Sure, things aren't perfect here, but you can pick holes in any first-world society: nowhere's perfect.

I'd much rather be living here than have to worry about famine, starvation, war, natural distasters and extreme weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

He's right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Thought it was pathetic. If he thinks it's such a dump then he can leave. Nobody is keeping him here. Going on about our education and health systems as if they're 3rd world. They aren't perfect, but they're far from that. Combined with his sizable income (which he can thank the taxpayer of this "kip" for), I'm fairly sure his kids won't have to worry about the seemingly decrepit state of our public education system. Daddy/Grand-daddy will pay for theirs.

Incredibly awkward watching 2 people discuss the hardships of this recession and how the country is a kip, when they are having their massive wages paid for by the taxpayer of said country.

TheZohan wrote: »
    He's right.

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

How?

We're up to our necks in shìt. Where else would you get that only in a dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

Classic drunken ranting. I don't think he'll ever beat this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBDlJEabiI&t=2m55s

"left his missus for a young wan!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

He's a lardarse, the smartest lardarse in our fair isle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Oh FFS

Ireland is not at war
    Not in immense poverty
    We are not struck by natural disasters killing millions of our people
    You don't have to walk miles and miles to a water supply
    Our country isn't ruled by dictators willing to kill their own people
    etc. etc.

We are in a recession. Get over it. Ireland is not a dump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Self flagellation seems pretty prevalent here though...

A dump is a strong turn of phrase to use when describing ones country. The situation is dire but civilisation here hasn't started crumbling just yet. We are very lucky in some senses, if you look at the news and see the suffering and oppression people have to deal with on a day-to day basis then Ireland is very lucky in comparision. We're not the only ones up to our necks in **** either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

He's a class act who stands up to bullys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭couldntthink

I'm sick of all the people on here, and in the real world, who keep going on about how Ireland is a dump and it's fcuked blah blah blah blah.........

If you don't like it, F*** OFF. Let the rest of us get on with it, we don't want you here, bringing the rest of us down.

Looking forward to all the smart arse replies..................:D

Advertisement