Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

nesf wrote: »
    No, basically what happens is that most of the people who get side effects bitch about them online and very, very few of the people who get no side effects make any comment about the drug's lack of side effects. In my experience anyway. Side effects or the lack thereof don't have anything to do with whether the drug is working or not.

Yep, I've been on 150mg of Effexor for over 18 months now, and I haven't had any side effects at all, well apart from the usual ones you get when you start taking a new drug. I'm like you were nesf with missing a dose though; if I forget to take it one day, the next day I feel like my head has been hit by a bus. At least it's an incentive to make sure I take them.

Have fun in China Captain Graphite! One of my best friends is thinking of heading there too. And well done on getting accepted to the masters!

I've had a pretty meh day today. My mood has been both good, and really bad. And I didn't get out of bed until 9pm :/ My best friend came over to cheer me up, which was really nice of her, but then she started saying how she might have to move back home to live with her mum (which is the opposite side of the country) because of a lack of money... That really upset me because she has been my absolute rock this past while, like I've lived with her for most of the past five years :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bah. Can't sleep. Too low and ruminating far too much. Not even a favourite piano concerto can distract my mind for long. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Im sleeping ok but when Im low as I am now my sleep can go downhill
    very fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

My father texted me to say happy birthday. It's not my birthday. I don't know why but it's really getting to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

My father texted me to say happy birthday. It's not my birthday. I don't know why but it's really getting to me

Feck that sounds like a right dig when your already feeling down.

Went to Aware last night. It was good to get talking and get talking. Others were offering ideas and opinions but I just wasn't in the right mind to be trying out stuff. Anyone else go to support groups?

• Advertisement

it's what's got me down really. a fairly **** father all round, but I thought he'd actually know our birthdays. I didn't answer his text. I got two phone calls from him (highly unusual) and a voice message, I assumed he realised he got it wrong, but no the voice message just said the same thing. so I rang him back, I told him it's not my birthday and he went on about how he always gets me and my cousin mixed up (it's her birthday today). no apology. though I'd never ever get one of them no matter what he did. I know it's not a big deal, it just is coming from him.

I've been to Aware meetings, found them no good tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Trying to beat depression seems to be like a fighting a losing battle. Someone was saying to me that once you accept you have it it's easier to deal with but I can't accept this at all. The meds I'm currently on have had the best affect over the others but this is still so far away from being a normal life.
    Is it just a case of getting used to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Have felt sick with nerves for most of the day. No real reason to be though which is bugging me. Sleeping loads though, that can't be good!

There's no reason for this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No. It gets better. It has to. And I'm sorry to hear that stupidusername. Don't let it get you down.

jammstarr wrote: »
    Trying to beat depression seems to be like a fighting a losing battle. Someone was saying to me that once you accept you have it it's easier to deal with but I can't accept this at all. The meds I'm currently on have had the best affect over the others but this is still so far away from being a normal life.
    Is it just a case of getting used to it?

Nah, it does improve. Can take ages though.

• Advertisement

Mood flitting around the place all day, sometimes low, sometimes approaching ok. Annoying, I hate changeable days.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 creation mark

Week 3 off the Lexapro pills after 6 years....was in great form yesterday but anxious & jittery today....loosing the job didn't help either lol, tis great craic!!

Week 3 off the Lexapro pills after 6 years....was in great form yesterday but anxious & jittery today....loosing the job didn't help either lol, tis great craic!!

Christ, that's lovely timing isn't it? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Mood flitting around the place all day, sometimes low, sometimes approaching ok. Annoying, I hate changeable days.

This weather doesnt help ;-( makes ya feel like its the middle of winter again.
    Hope ya got out for a walk before it rained.

PS you have to consider you role as moderator on here as you achieving something everyday.
    You do a great job ;-)

PS you have to consider you role as moderator on here as you achieving something everyday.

No, I only notice it when someone is giving me grief or abuse. Otherwise I feel nothing about doing it.

WOW congratulations on coming off tabs after all those years.

I forget how the years go by, Was only talking with my psych earlier today, have been on tabs three yrs.
    But now I'm feeling much better in myself since the start of the year I'm actually happy to stay on a low dose, would be scared to go down hill again, and see my whole life go down hill, just when its on an up.

Sorry to here bout your job, hope your mood evens out soon ;-) and who know hopefully leaving your job wouldnt be the end of the world, look on it as an opertunity, to get out nad about and ecercise during the day or something, look on the bright side eh ;-)

No, I only notice it when someone is giving me grief or abuse. Otherwise I feel nothing about doing it.

Well its a pity we dont post a 'thank you' every tiem you say somethting v worth while.
    If i'm anyhting to go by, I take a lot of positives and encouragement out of things you say,

so like I said 'good job and well done', and try to remember that when your feeling low, or bad about yourself and your inability to do things,

'you do something good on here daily'

Well its a pity we dont post a 'thank you' every tiem you say somethting v worth while.
    If i'm anyhting to go by, I take a lot of positives and encouragement out of things you say,

so like I said 'good job and well done', and try to remember that when your feeling low, or bad about yourself and your inability to do things,

'you do something good on here daily'

Ah you meant on this thread? I'm not a moderator in this forum, I moderate Politics and Parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cangirl86

Having such a low day today. I want to scream, shout, cry all at the same time, but I can't. Although when I was in the car today, comfortably numb started to play and I did laugh at the coincidence of it. It's just so hard sometimes. I'm actually too afraid to go back on meds cause the withdrawals from the effexor was so bad (People thought I looked like I was coming off heroin too). Btw, did anyone coming off effexor feel like they were being shocked by electrical currents? I think I'm going to bed now.

have you come off them by weaning off or just cut out?

I had to cut mine out completely in one go because I'd developed an allergic reaction to something and we needed to figure out what it was to, and so my doctor advised it. unless your doctor has said to do that, it is not a good idea. I got horrible brain zaps with the withdrawal, couldn't even keep my eyes open because it'd make it so bad. i only lasted a day, had to go back on them then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 cangirl86

Was weened off. It was still hell coming off.

well what I did was switch to another, and came off that one. it was much easier.

if you're having that hard a time with it, you should talk to your doctor about what your options are.

I'd like to take something right now :/ cos its been a few years, and therapy hasn't helped. And its got worse. Just absolute, nothing ness. Nothing. Just hopelessness. That I can't beat.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'd like to take something right now :/ cos its been a few years, and therapy hasn't helped. And its got worse. Just absolute, nothing ness. Nothing. Just hopelessness. That I can't beat.
    Do you mean take an anti-depressant? Or something else? Maybe a chat with your doctor would be a good idea. Tablets can help lift your mood so that the therapy works a bit better. It only started making me feel better when I'd been on the tablets a while, before that it was a case of going to see the counsellor at college every day just so they could make sure I didn't hurt myself. I pretty much lived in there when I was at my worst :o

And you can and will beat it. We all will, someday.

Whatever will help me. Cos right now, I'm desperate. I feel like giving up. Or crying. Or hurting. Or all three. It's just so low. Then an occasional 'ok' bit, then right back down. God, I can't do this :(

First thing you should do when you get up is make an appointment to see your doctor. Explain to them how you've been feeling lately. They'll be able to help. And make sure and don't bottle things up - post in here, or over in C&H, or wherever. We're all in this together, so don't ever think you're alone.

Seriously, I've felt the way you describe in your post so many times over the past few years. And I'm still here. You're a really strong person (don't forget your Jizzler win :pac:), you've made it this far and you will be able to keep going. I know it feels impossible right now, but it'll happen xx

I know your right :/ but I spent some time on a psychiatric ward last year, and I dont want to go back :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

It's just been one of those evenings. None of my usual distractions have worked so I've been dwelling all evening. I wish boards had a stressed smilie. It would really come in useful right about now.

Cloud493, I wish I knew what to say but I'm shite at expressing stuff. Just talk to your doctor or your counseller since you said you are/were seeing one.

Aoifums wrote: »
    It's just been one of those evenings. None of my usual distractions have worked so I've been dwelling all evening. I wish boards had a stressed smilie. It would really come in useful right about now.

Cloud493, I wish I knew what to say but I'm shite at expressing stuff. Just talk to your doctor or your counseller since you said you are/were seeing one.

Yeah Il try :) thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Had to take a few weeks off work. Just put on valium by my doctor so at least I won't be so anxious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement