Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Taken off epilim and put back on seroquel and a sleeping tablet. Really looking forward to a decent sleep tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Taken off epilim and put back on seroquel and a sleeping tablet. Really looking forward to a decent sleep tonight.

I hate the feeling seroquel gives me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I have absolutely no motivation. I got up and even got dressed and all to go into the library to do some work, but I'm still here in my house three hours later >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I have absolutely no motivation. I got up and even got dressed and all to go into the library to do some work, but I'm still here in my house three hours later >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nice for some! 400mg of Seroquel couldn't sedate me. :(

• Advertisement

Day started ok, getting lower and lower as the day goes on though. Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'd like to take something right now :/ cos its been a few years, and therapy hasn't helped. And its got worse. Just absolute, nothing ness. Nothing. Just hopelessness. That I can't beat.

Hey Cloud, hope you're doing better since you posted that.

You sound like you're in a similar situation to myself - I found that CBT etc wasn't working as I wasn't taking any medication at the time. Now I'm on meds and it has helped me a lot - I'm far from perfect believe me but it certainly took the edge off the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

jammstarr wrote: »
    Hey Cloud, hope you're doing better since you posted that.

You sound like you're in a similar situation to myself - I found that CBT etc wasn't working as I wasn't taking any medication at the time. Now I'm on meds and it has helped me a lot - I'm far from perfect believe me but it certainly took the edge off the issue.

Yeah, sounds about right.

But, to cut a long story short, I was in England last year, and I was feeling pretty low, so instead of hurting myself, I made a post on an internet forum. Then someone on the site, traced my IP, and had the police round my house at 5am, and I spent a week on a psychiatric ward before being allowed to come back to Dublin. So, not that keen on doctors since.

Yeah, sounds about right.

But, to cut a long story short, I was in England last year, and I was feeling pretty low, so instead of hurting myself, I made a post on an internet forum. Then someone on the site, traced my IP, and had the police round my house at 5am, and I spent a week on a psychiatric ward before being allowed to come back to Dublin. So, not that keen on doctors since.

Did you find the stay in hospital beneficial at all?

No, it was just boring, and I still felt like **** :( they locked the door, so you couldn't get out, but people could bring you in pretty much anything, so it was rubbish, basically. In a 5 day period, I saw a psychiatrist twice? The rest of the time, lying in a bed bored. And its all done is turn me off doctors completely.

• Advertisement

When I was really bad back in 2009 I wanted to go into hospital. My Dad is a retired psychiatric nurse and he said I'd be better off at home. From what you've just said there it sounds like he was right.

Are you totally without meds at the moment man?

Nope, not taking anything right now. And yeah, it was rubbish. If you were in that much danger of hurting yourself, maybe.

Not all hospital stays in Ireland are like this, just to make the point. I found St. Pats much more pleasant than your experience cloud.

I'm sure some are better than others like. But having the police bang on your door at 5 in the morning, then being driven in a police car and forcibly admitted to a hospital because of an internet post, certainly sours ones view of things, so to speak.

It's far from ideal but if you're in danger then it might of been best.

Maybe get an appointment with a doctor tomorrow and tell them how things are. Obviously I can't tell you to take this or that medication but I found it easier with meds. There's no shame in asking for help.

I don't doubt your right, any of you. And I appreciate you bothering with me at all :) I'm just scared that if I do, they'll put me back in a hospital again.

We're all in the same boat here - sure the specifics might be different but still affected by whatever "it" is. Personally I love getting a few things off my chest in here - just to ease the tension within.

You shouldn't be afraid to tell the doctor what's up(easier said than done I know), they're there to help you after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Can people actually do that? :eek: I'd have assumed that my friends were taking the piss if they had said that to me.

I had my first counselling session today. I thought it went fine until I was halfway home and I started having mega doubts about it. j0I didn't get to mention half the things I should have so I'm dreading the second one now :( Stupid brain. We're supposed to be trying mindfullness, some kind of meditation type thing, next week. I'm already stressing about it. I know what happens whenever I meditate and I don't like it. Once I take my mind off it, the floodgates open and that's not something I feel like I can deal with anytime soon. Or at least not right now.

Aoifums wrote: »
    Can people actually do that? :eek: I'd have assumed that my friends were taking the piss if they had said that to me.

Apparently :/ I've still got my account on that website, haven't used it since mind. And it's great you've started counselling, doesn't matter if you missed s few things out, great start :)

• Advertisement

Ok, that is terrifying!! Yeah, I wouldn't have used it either. I'm guessing they thought it was the right thing to do, just in case. Like if you had died then whoever tracked the IP would have felt responsible if they had done nothing.

I had my first counselling session today. I thought it went fine until I was halfway home and I started having mega doubts about it. j0I didn't get to mention half the things I should have so I'm dreading the second one now :( Stupid brain. We're supposed to be trying mindfullness, some kind of meditation type thing, next week. I'm already stressing about it. I know what happens whenever I meditate and I don't like it. Once I take my mind off it, the floodgates open and that's not something I feel like I can deal with anytime soon. Or at least not right now.

I was going to see a guy (not sure if he was a counsellor or psychotherapist or what). We'd do some hypnotherapy stuff and I'd have an aul cry too. Not too sure what to make of it all still - it was kinda awkward at the time but good to think out loud for a change.

I was going to see a guy (not sure if he was a counsellor or psychotherapist or what). We'd do some hypnotherapy stuff and I'd have an aul cry too. Not too sure what to make of it all still - it was kinda awkward at the time but good to think out loud for a change.

Crying??? :eek: Fair play :) I think that's a couple of steps away from me yet.

Crying??? :eek: Fair play :) I think that's a couple of steps away from me yet.

I was mortified to say the least.

I was mortified to say the least.

It's hardest the first time. The strategically placed box of tissues on the desk always made me laugh a little before it happened for me. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34 creation mark

WOW congratulations on coming off tabs after all those years.

I forget how the years go by, Was only talking with my psych earlier today, have been on tabs three yrs.
    But now I'm feeling much better in myself since the start of the year I'm actually happy to stay on a low dose, would be scared to go down hill again, and see my whole life go down hill, just when its on an up.

Sorry to here bout your job, hope your mood evens out soon ;-) and who know hopefully leaving your job wouldnt be the end of the world, look on it as an opertunity, to get out nad about and ecercise during the day or something, look on the bright side eh ;-)

Thanks thrilledskinny, fair play to you, i had started on the lower dose myself, down to 5mg (from 25mg to 10mg) for a couple of months,i was doing great, felt positive then got mugged & stabbed over a parking space, long story, but that knocked me for six, back to square one but i was adament i was gonna try come off them, just leaving the hospital & my missus decided to tell me we were going to have our first baby.

Best thing thats ever happened to me, Abigail was born 18th October just gone,was very emotional for a while, i'm a stocky guy, shaved head, tattoos long goatee & was crying like a baby haha.
    Anyway, got let go from the job,a days notice after 17 years, that rattled me but have decided to follow the positive path & start up my own plumbing business, i'm already flat out with job offers starting next month...its all good for now lol.

You're dead on about the excercise, best advise to give, natural anti depressants!! i felt exactly the same as you going onto the lower dose,I was crapping it that i'd slip back into the gloom, just take the good with the bad, Best of luck on your lower dose, no bother to you!!

Sorry about the essay guys,stay strong me hearties!!:cool:

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Comfortably numb from the valium,still feel I can't cope with things at the minute.

Had a few hours of feeling really good* last night. T'was nice. :)

*Not really good for any bipolar people reading this. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

nesf wrote: »

Its a constant struggle isnt it ? ;-(

My mistake thinking you were a mod on here 'category moderator' confused me, anyway I'm sure you do a good job in politics and parenting?

And like I said your posts on here help folks a lot too ;-)

• Advertisement

Its a constant struggle isnt it ? ;-(

My mistake thinking you were a mod on here 'category moderator' confused me, anyway I'm sure you do a good job in politics and parenting?

And like I said your posts on here help folks a lot too ;-)

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement