Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

neemish wrote: »
    one of "those" days. Going between being completely flat and feeling despair

Ditto. Mood on a knife edge all day. Feeling like I'm tottering above the abyss and just about to fall in. At this point I just wish it happened and I could get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

nesf wrote: »
    Ditto. Mood on a knife edge all day. Feeling like I'm tottering above the abyss and just about to fall in. At this point I just wish it happened and I could get it over with.

Have taken sleeper at a "legitimate" 8.30pm. Don't usually take them, as they leave me hungover but need the rest. I know what you mean about falling into abyss. Trying to keep my reasons for being here to the forefront of my mind

Have taken sleeper at a "legitimate" 8.30pm. Don't usually take them, as they leave me hungover but need the rest. I know what you mean about falling into abyss. Trying to keep my reasons for being here to the forefront of my mind

I'd love to be able to do that but have two young kids to get to sleep and haven't had any time to myself all day so need to be awake for a while after they go to bed. Rock, hard place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brenglee

Somehow > i dont feel so alone when I know others are where I am. Thanks for this page.

I'd love to be able to do that but have two young kids to get to sleep and haven't had any time to myself all day so need to be awake for a while after they go to bed. Rock, hard place.

Nightmare. well I'm sure they're great kids, but must be difficult to mind yourself and them too.

• Advertisement

Nightmare. well I'm sure they're great kids, but must be difficult to mind yourself and them too.

You get through it. Though obviously if things get very bad, or I'm put in hospital, my wife's pretty much on her own which is hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

nesf you seem to be a really strong person. you make yourself there for so many posters in here, it's really nice to see :)

nesf you seem to be a really strong person. you make yourself there for so many posters in here, it's really nice to see :)

This is a mild depression. Believe me if it was a bad one I wouldn't be capable of posting here. That and I've been going through this crap for 16 years, I'm fairly used to it at this stage.

Ah right, sorry for if i made out like it wasn't significant. your experience is helping here though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Your experience and your presence is very much appreciated nesf :)

• Advertisement

Ah right, sorry for if i made out like it wasn't significant. your experience is helping here though

I didn't interpret anything negative about your post, don't worry. :)

has anyone tips on how to pull yourself out of the deep hole when you feel yourself sliding? Anything that has worked for you may be of help to someone reading this.

brenglee wrote: »
    has anyone tips on how to pull yourself out of the deep hole when you feel yourself sliding? Anything that has worked for you may be of help to someone reading this.

During my more pro-active times, I have a list of things beside my bed that help
    1. Meditation CD
    2. Smell of rose oil
    3. Watch half hour of comedy
    4. My favorite chapter of a book
    5. Music on ipod
    6. grounding exercises
    7. slow my breath
    8. hot shower
    9. Look at pictures of the kids
    10. ring the kids

You get the idea...if something helps, it goes on the list. If it makes things worse, I dont do it.

Actually, thanks for the reminder. Must rewrite the list and put it back up tomorrow

sorry brenglee, I've nothing. I posted in here the other day when I felt the same, but I came up with nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

sorry brenglee, I've nothing. I posted in here the other day when I felt the same, but I came up with nothing.

I'm the same Brenglee sorry man - in a bit of a hole myself at the moment. I try to get out for a bit of a walk when I'm down but it can be a bit hit or miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Whats the best anti depressant in people's views? Ive reduced my Effexor from 150mgs to 75mgs a day. Im still so low and feel life is passing me by. Ive also been on Lexapro but I came off it and went on the Effexor. Ive reduced the mg cos I felt drugged and not in touch with reality on the higher dose. Any suggestions of what I could try? My doctor is not much help.

nobody here is qualified to suggest a medication for you.

speak to your doctor and if you are not satisfied then change doctors or ask for a second opinion.

I've been in very good form the past hour. Not expected. o_O

What neemish said. Meditation can really help you not descend that spiral into deeper depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

I started taking an antidepressant during the summer that has been great for me. Made me feel so much better. Improved my concentration so much. So much in fact, that I jumped into the job-hunting process with gusto in August.

Nearly six months on... it's tough. :( My depression meant I left my last job after six months. In today's job market, that is not good. Employers don't care that you were ill. You're still going to be seen as a flight risk. Many rejections at the application stage, four interviews, none of which I nailed or even came close to as my CV is so messy due to past illnesses, so four rejections there. I don't know how I'm going to get past this, and worryingly, bad thoughts are sneaking into my head again, the kind of thoughts I feel when I feel cornered. I am still on my anti-ds. The only thing getting me through is my BF and there's not much he can do or say to make me feel better. I'm 28 in March, and have a potted employment history. I am NEVER going to get past this and I feel so low right now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I've been in very good form the past hour. Not expected. o_O

Very glad to hear this. You're so supportive here, even in spite of how you're feeling. I hope the good feeling lasts for a bit longer :)

I'm feeling quite good at the moment - very relaxed and I'm sleeping a lot which is making up for the panic and sleepless nights during the past couple of weeks. Exhaustion aside, I'm feeling good and positive that ultimately, everything's going to be okay,x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 cangirl86

Whats the best anti depressant in people's views? Ive reduced my Effexor from 150mgs to 75mgs a day. Im still so low and feel life is passing me by. Ive also been on Lexapro but I came off it and went on the Effexor. Ive reduced the mg cos I felt drugged and not in touch with reality on the higher dose. Any suggestions of what I could try? My doctor is not much help.

I'm not a doctor and it might be different for you. I just wanted to say, that I was on Effexor for 8 years at 225mg and slowly have been decreasing it for about a year and a half. I just came off of it last month and it was so hard. It really could be different for you though. But please just be careful coming off those ones.

One medication side effect I have is weird dreams. I regularly have dreams that would give Stephen Speilberg a run for his money! Then I wake exhausted and with a bloody headache :mad:

One medication side effect I have is weird dreams. I regularly have dreams that would give Stephen Speilberg a run for his money! Then I wake exhausted and with a bloody headache :mad:

I actually came off Effexor cause I was getting such bad migraines, lol! The dreams I have are insane. I always used to talk in my sleep and sleep walk too but since I've been off the meds I've stopped sleep talking and walking. I still have the scary dreams though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Better than getting no sleep at all :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

2 bad days in a row, hanging in there though.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Better than getting no sleep at all :/

yeah, during the withdrawal phase I had such a hard time sleeping, just lying in bed for hours hoping any minute might be the minute that i fall asleep. It's gotten a lot better since then, but had to take sleeping pills to get there in the beginning.

Temaz wrote: »
    2 bad days in a row, hanging in there though.

You're doing great. :)

I'm having a good couple of days. not good exactly, but I do recall feeling good for a time yesterday. though whenever I catch myself like that I can't help but think it's so superficial. And then I thought to myself earlier today that whatever happens or doesn't (with this someone) I'm not going to let it affect my confidence and being ok with things. but it's so much easier to say that in this mood.

for my own record:
    feeling reasonably motivated in terms of getting out for exercise tomorrow, and i'm heading back for another keyboard lesson.things feel ok-good for now.my mind is focused on these things that I feel I want to do.

I'm feeling pretty good today. So far anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have the most vivid dreams ever! Been on medication so long though I can't remember if I had them before, I never I must look into it. Interesting thought. Had a dream that was a mix between Jurassic Park and Predators the other night :pac:

With regards to not slipping down. I guess one thing that helps me from slipping back to feeling down is knowing my triggers. I've been to a few counselors who have been really good at helping me realise things about myself and my emotions.

In the short term make little goals for yourself. For me it used to be things like get out of bed, leave the house, eat properly for a whole day, concetrate through a whole movie! Things I used to find difficult to do. Set a few for yourself and even if you manage one it will feel like a victory.

Edit- I for example get upset by Boards! Take things way to personally. So little teary right now, gonna log off and try not to look at it for the rest of the day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement