Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Sad to see Dean go, but absolutely gutted to hear about Robert. He is one of the best characters in FC. I think we should launch a campaign to keep him.We could stage a sit-in at McCoys. I nominate JonathonAnon to make the posters !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Eradicate wrote: »
    Who? Robert or Dean? Sad to see both of them go if this is true. 2 of my favourites.

Dean.. for a phone company I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Dean does a radio ad for the one in two campaign, its cringeworthy. Meant to tug at the heart strings but i literally want to pull the radio out of the car everytime i hear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Getting rid of good actors and bringing back that fool David.. :mad: Oh FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

closeline wrote: »
    Getting rid of good actors and bringing back that fool David.. :mad: Oh FFS
    dean wanted a new contract but his expectations were out of reach , davids werent , thats what i heard anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

cloptrop wrote: »
    dean wanted a new contract but his expectations were out of reach , davids werent , thats what i heard anyway.

That is a load of crap. David is only back for 2 weeks so where are you getting that nonsense.

Fair City seem to be doing little more than cutting too many staff. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LOL
    angel01 wrote: »
    That is a load of crap. David is only back for 2 weeks so where are you getting that nonsense.

Fair City seem to be doing little more than cutting too many staff.

I think he is joking Angel at least that is how I picked it up

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Dolores and Petes "few days away" seemed to turn into a few weeks! Where has laura Halpin gone, did she go back to Galway with Mark that time??

Going to miss Dean when he leaves always enjoyed his scenes and was hoping Tracey would come back and they could pick up where they left off, always thought they made a great couple

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    LOL

I think he is joking Angel at least that is how I picked it up

Just after re-reading it, sorry not into making jokes regarding his disability myself..

I wonder by the end of the year, will there be any actors left in the show.. we have lost:

Mark
    Denzo
    Dean
    Barry
    Possibly Robert
    Jo (maternity leave)
    Eileen
    Philip

Maybe I am forgetting some but that is quite a list within a small period of time :(:(:(

Robert's exit hasnt been confirmed by the actor himself it just states in spoilers for next week he is offered a job in Limerick he might not go we can hope

Decco leaves also next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Robert's exit hasnt been confirmed by the actor himself it just states in spoilers for next week he is offered a job in Limerick he might not go we can hope

Well i won't miss Decco! Hope Zumo follows him out the door also!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭FionnB

Dr. Dillon wasn't setting much of an example to her patients last night - she was completely drowning her toasted sandwiches with salt and pepper!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

So sad to hear about Dean leaving, I was hoping aswell that Tracey would come back and maybe he would be torn between her and Sash, would have been another interesting triangle. Although I dont want to see Sash get hurt, whereas with Kylie that was a different matter!Would hate to see Robert leave also, really miss him from the show the last few weeks, want to see his reaction to Dean and Sash.Well done to Dermish for losing the few pounds, he looks well. Orla never learns - I presume Dermot doesnt know that she knew all about the affair and so she is bound to lose him as a friend shortly aswell when that gets out, she should tell him before he does find out from someone else.Leo and Val are on a rocky road I'd say, he is just having some fun as he says to the lads, can see her getting hurt!

For good?

Seriously this show is becoming ridiculous, will there be any cast left?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Hold on! Is this all just speculation? Has anyone any concrete proof that the said people are leaving?

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Hold on! Is this all just speculation? Has anyone any concrete proof that the said people are leaving?

RTE Guide

RTE has cleared the way for 186 staff to leave in a bid to slash €10m from its payroll costs -- and has not ruled out more exits.

It has been confirmed that another 96 employees have been officially approved to take an exit package that has already been accepted by 90 staff.

A total of 243 workers applied for the severance deal, which allowed them to leave without suffering any reduction in their pension due to pay cuts.

RTE initially sought 100 voluntary redundancies and early retirements but decided to extend the scheme.

High-profile names who have already left include newsreader Anne Doyle, western editor Jim Fahy and 'Nationwide' frontman Michael Ryan.

Those who applied, in the latest round of offers, were informed last week as to whether they were successful or not.

Sources at RTE said those who had been approved for redundancy work across a range of areas, with no one section standing out more than others.

RTE denied that some sections had been targeted over others for approval of applications.

Late last year, RTE director general Noel Curran said the huge response to the voluntary scheme gave RTE an opportunity to increase the number of redundancies.

He said further substantial cost reductions would be required this year to break even in 2013.

Staff have already had pay cuts of up to 12.5pc as part of payroll savings but rejected plans agreed with unions to slash holidays by two-and-a-half days.

The cuts were agreed to compensate the station for agreeing to resume paying increments to more than 600 staff.

Meanwhile, a new state-of-the-art studio is to be opened by the state broadcaster at the start of March, which plans to have a 9am TV news bulletin.

No wonder, Fair City are losing the cast :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

angel01 wrote: »
    No wonder, Fair City are losing the cast :(:(:(

Any link to that story. Sounds old.

I heard dean got a job on the new mission impossible being tom cruises nipple double in all the topless scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Angel- I doubt that any of the actors are RTE staff. They are more likely to be contract workers and therefore not included in staff cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I heard dean got a job on the new mission impossible being tom cruises nipple double in all the topless scenes

Stop posting unfunny nonsense on this thread. First, last and only warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

When did Caoimhe and Decco get back together?? Did I black out and miss an episode :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Sash's hair looks awful. It SO doesn't suit her

yesterday

has anyone noticed the skis up against the wall in the dillons to show how upperclass they are. Like the skiis are to hand whenever they feel the need , to spend the morning in the pyrenies .
    decco and caoimhe are irritating the hell out of me
    ray isnt really the type of person i think would be a good driving instructor

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

has anyone noticed the skis up against the wall in the dillons to show how upperclass they are. Like the skiis are to hand whenever they feel the need

I noticed that tonight as well. Not being upperclass and not having skis, the storage of them has never been a problem for me but I doubt that people would just leave them stacked up in the corner of their living room but maybe I'm wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Keith was very funny tonight acting as the D4 head taking a driving lesson from Ray. :D
    I noticed tonight's episode was written by Kate Thompson who (as an actress) was Dick Moran's bit-on-the-side on Glenroe many moons ago. After being in Glenroe she went on to become a writer.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Keith was very funny tonight acting as the D4 head taking a driving lesson from Ray. :D
    I noticed tonight's episode was written by Kate Thompson who (as an actress) was Dick Moran's bit-on-the-side on Glenroe many moons ago. After being in Glenroe she went on to become a writer.

Wasnt she Wayne's cougar missus as well the one with the wig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

caoimhe is just such a nasty piece of work! i wouldn't have time for someone like that in real life! would love it if she met her match :D:D

i think it was pretty stupid of the dillons to pay off decco. did they really believe he'd leave her alone for a few grand? waste of money - makes them look silly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement