Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

I'm very intrigued as to who and what Lucy is up to? Is she the Harrys love child? Why did she lie about knowing that Lorraine had also died? mmmmm very suspicous. I LOVE the Dermot, Jo,Ben and the girls/Dillons storyline. Is Jo coming back? I cannot see them getting back together and I think Dermish is gonna have a fling with Orla! I LOVE that little fella Benjamin. He broke my heart last week they way he said I want mummy :(
    Love him love him love him. Now as for that Caoimhe? Will she go down for shoplifting? I love that Decco is shocked at her antics and he's suppossed to be the bad boy, bring back Billie Meehan (or was he killed off can't remember) The soap NEEDs a baddie - a real baddie not a Barry o Hanlon baddie. Every other soap has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Anybody else think that Decco is becoming too soft? I think he is better when he has that edge about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

endakenny wrote: »
    Adultery is reprehensible but not criminal. Imagine what it will be like for Zak when other pupils start talking about one of his sisters being done for theft and handling stolen goods.

Ha! I think you'll find it would be far more hurtful to be slagged about your da shagging the neighbour than the fact your sister was caught nicking stuff from the local shop. I actually find it amazing that you think shoplifting is more damaging to a family than adultery. The fact that adultery isn't illegal doesn't mean shoplifting is worse. Thats a very bizarre way of looking at things.
    The wider community of Carrigstown won't find out about the affair between Tommy and Jo.

Oh please, its a soap. Of course they will. Also you appear to be taking this purely from a "what will the neighbours say" point of view. Its not about other people finding out. Its about how the family are directly affected and again, to have shoplifting on a more serious level than adultery is just seriously twisted logic.

Neither did Tommy.

Where did I say he did? Thats right, I didn't. You, however, are going on about the shoplifting as if it is on a par with murder. Shoplifting would not destroy a family in the same way an affair would. I genuinely hope you aren't teaching these standards of morality to anyone in your family.

max life wrote: »
    Anybody else think that Decco is becoming too soft? I think he is better when he has that edge about him.

It is love it has taken hold of him made him soft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Chinafoot wrote: »
    You, however, are going on about the shoplifting as if it is on a par with murder.
    I was not. Which do you think would be worse for you: one of your parents committing adultery or you getting a criminal record?

What is even worse than than the shoplifting is that Caoimhe let Rachel be blamed. Being falsely accused is one of the worst things that can happen to a person, especially a child. Therefore, what Rachel has suffered is much worse than your spouse cheating on you.

It's not as if Tommy put Judith at risk of contracting an infection as a result of having an affair. As for Judith believing that Zak will believe that it's OK to commit adultery if he finds out about the affair, Zak would be disgusted by it.

Furthermore, before Neasa was told the truth, she complained about her family forgetting about her birthday. At the age of 24, isn't she a bit old for that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I would defo be all over lucy after a few pints of porter, there is something about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

haha a sausage sambo without ketchup...this show is ridiculous

Not in the mood for that caoimhe tonight, might trow a chair at the t.v if i have to see anymore of her mug.

Tommy deserves a punch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Tommy has some neck on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I'm starting to like Kelly, her acting is pretty realistic.

The whole house shook when Dermot banged the door:eek:

I'm starting to like Kelly, her acting is pretty realistic.

Yeah think she is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Durv has changed her tune, hasnt she..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Come Paul .. give us one of yer "ah fer gooooood's sake" ..

No wink tonight from Paul but plenty blinks :p

Oh no, Dermot, don't go there :(

Orla and Dermot, will they wont they?

I'd say they will get together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Oh god, not sure I want to witness Dermot and Orla getting it on..

I hope they dont, Orla needs to get with Damo

I dont think Dermot will be too happy to know Orla knew about the affair

Why was Tommy angry at Orla, did he think Caoimhe did nothing wrong and it was all Orla :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I thought young Rachel was great tonight, was really funny when she said to Paul, after forgiving Orla, 'Will I forgive you too?' Once again she showinh more cop on than Paul

Jesus Caoimhe has no morals AT ALL, , she does not even have grace to be ashamed or sorry in any way. She not at all bothered by Scary Paul in her face:D

Why was Tommy angry at Orla, did he think Caoimhe did nothing wrong and it was all Orla confused.gif Today 20:27

Suspect this is my daughter could do no wrong syndrome, easier to blame Orla than take responsibility for Caoimhe s faults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Dermots weight loss is so obvious he looks great, fair play to him! Nice seeing him in a normal tshirt, out of the shirts and ties and seeing a more human side to him emotionally also.

Lisha wrote: »
    Suspect this is my daughter could do no wrong syndrome, easier to blame Orla than take responsibility for Caoimhe s faults
    I wouldn't think so. When Deegan arrested Caoimhe, Tommy told her he was ashamed to call her his daughter. He told Keith about it Orla had criticised him for damaging his family and then let Paul and Niamh think that Rachel was guilty. Orla was slow to own up because of her own selfish concerns, i.e. her career, what Esther would think.

I wouldn't think so. When Deegan arrested Caoimhe, Tommy told her he was ashamed to call her his daughter. He told Keith about it Orla had criticised him for damaging his family and then let Paul and Niamh think that Rachel was guilty. Orla was slow to own up because of her own selfish concerns, i.e. her career, what Esther would think.

He seemed more angry with Orla than Caoimhe to me could also be that Orla knows about his affair

Caoimhe shows no remorse whatsoever

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He seemed more angrey with Orla than Caoimhe to me could also be that Orla knows about his affair
    As I said, Orla had criticised him for damaging his own family but Orla didn't immediately own up when Rachel was accused of shoplifting. Hence, Orla was having double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Niamh and her take away coffees, its so celtic tiger....I'm guessing they're not skinny lattes..!!!

I love the way they are all watching the pennies but can afford vinos or da pig every day for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's inevitable that Dermish will find out that Orla knew about Jo's affair (and encouraged it), but probably not until after they've done the deed, of course. Cue more misery for Dermish and Orla's circle of friends ever decreasing, until she's eventually cast out of Carrigstown as a social pariah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

im a bit bored with the dillions desire to protect the mini ruby player zac....who has been awol for weeks anyway.... whats the big deal keeping it a secret from the boy in the family....and i heard doctor dillion ordering derv to make him food when he came in from his match...how old is he 6 he can make his own food....does this inequality still exist in familys? its pathetic its not 1950s? or even 1980s for some people it took a while to cop on.... doctor dillion is supposed to be an intelligent woman, one would imagine, but she is being portrayed as a thick 197os rural irish housewife who is clinging on to her husband in fear of what the neighbours think...and goes to bed for the day cause her 'disturbed selfish spoilt brat daughter was caught shoplifting and has no morals.... someone of her status wouldnt be behaving like this soap or no soap its a bit ridicilous....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement