Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Yeah its all about making the doctor look silly at the moment , i reckon she will have a nervous breakdown soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

Thanks to the moderator for pointing out to some posters that the quality of some comments are in poor taste. Angel, you gave excellent advice earlier. I think that there is a development of crude, unfunny and insensitive posts evident on this thread by some individuals. Could those people just stop spoiling the Fair City thread please. I have not made as many comments here recently and I think I will discontinue posting if the standards are falling.

Can i have a sererate thread where i am allowed joke and criticise fair city , i love the show but i like criticising it too , i wouldnt mind if dean dowling made a thread about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Keith was very funny tonight acting as the D4 head taking a driving lesson from Ray. :D
    I noticed tonight's episode was written by Kate Thompson who (as an actress) was Dick Moran's bit-on-the-side on Glenroe many moons ago. After being in Glenroe she went on to become a writer.

She also had a part in Fair City.

Playing Wayne's ex Justine.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Can i have a sererate thread where i am allowed joke and criticise fair city , i love the show but i like criticising it too , i wouldnt mind if dean dowling made a thread about me.

If the moderators allow your 'jokes' and 'criticism' who am I to object.
    On the other hand if they don't and warn you about it, then I think if you want to continue posting you should take their advice.
    It is your choice.

• Advertisement

There are protests all over the internet tonight about freedom of speech , are you suggesting the moderators should not let someone criticise fair city ,fair citys actors or rte in general.
    North Korea is a lovely country .

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

angel01 wrote: »
    Just after re-reading it, sorry not into making jokes regarding his disability myself..

I wonder by the end of the year, will there be any actors left in the show.. we have lost:

Mark
    Denzo
    Dean
    Barry
    Possibly Robert
    Jo (maternity leave)
    Eileen
    Philip

Maybe I am forgetting some but that is quite a list within a small period of time :(:(:(
    Louie to get killed off next month.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

ameliajane wrote: »
    On the other hand if they don't and warn you about it, then I think if you want to continue posting you should take their advice.
    It is your choice.

are you the Ameila Jane from the Enid Blyton books?

rogercar wrote: »
    Louie to get killed off next month.;)
    Yeah i think louie is a real lump of dead wood lately , even the affair with carol storyline was ruined by him being in it, hes as wooden as a timber frame house.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If the only posts that were allowed on this thread were complimentary ones, then I doubt we'd have moved beyond the first page. Part of the fun of watching Fair City is to point out the inconsistencies that occur all the time and then commenting about them here. I don't think that's been banned yet.

• Advertisement

It is your choice.
    Do you remember saying this about danas husband?
    I hope her husband goes to Specsavers soon.

that was kinda mean amelia , im shocked you havnt banned yourself what with your views on stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Keith was very funny tonight acting as the D4 head taking a driving lesson from Ray. :D
    I noticed tonight's episode was written by Kate Thompson who (as an actress) was Dick Moran's bit-on-the-side on Glenroe many moons ago. After being in Glenroe she went on to become a writer.

Haven't been able to watch for a while but am delighted to hear Kate wrote an episode, it might mean she's making an excellent recovery from her illness.

Take your frustrations to the moderator who warned you about your posts cloptrop. As you are aware, my powers here to control posts = zero.

I am no longer a member of the Fair City thread. I wish to thank angel for highlighting the issue and I also wish to apologise to anyone offended by my comments in relation to Dana's husband.

Kind regards to all. All the best. Ameliajane.
    19th January 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I find it very sad that someone has been hounded out of this thread and ended up closing their account because of what they felt were nasty posts (which I agreed with) :(:(:(

There have been way too many personal comments about the actors looks, weight and much more besides and to see someone leave like this has upset me.

This thread was always a fun place to be, well not anymore. The posts last night have just re-inforced this belief. Thanks for ruining a good thread and all because you want to have a few laughs at peoples expense.

Over and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I don't understand how anyone can be personally offended on behalf of actors - it makes no sense to me:confused: Surely half the fun of this thread is being able to comment on the (many) inconsistencies in the soap etc? Those on TV are open to criticism about their appearance in every show I've ever seen - look at all the criticism Keith Duffy has gotten on the internet because of his new teeth!! It's part of their job to take the bad comments, with the good.

Keep in mind angel, that all those of us who are fans of FC are included in their viewing figures week in, week out and there are many of us who watch it because it's 'so bad, its good'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I noticed that tonight as well. Not being upperclass and not having skis, the storage of them has never been a problem for me but I doubt that people would just leave them stacked up in the corner of their living room but maybe I'm wrong?
    I suppose its the same as the morons who keep golf clubs just inside the front door.

I am no longer a member of the Fair City thread. I wish to thank angel for highlighting the issue and I also wish to apologise to anyone offended by my comments in relation to Dana's husband.

Kind regards to all. All the best. Ameliajane.
    19th January 2012.
    Woah that was weird, i wonder has the fact it was half 3 in the morning got anything to do wioth it. Has amelia jane been at the fizzy drinks.

i just wish fair city was on the rte player its clashes with emmerdale on a thursday tho i watch fair city and catch up emmerale online

yeah i always wondered why it wasnt on iplayer, probably due to the fact its on everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Fittle wrote: »
    I don't understand how anyone can be personally offended on behalf of actors - it makes no sense to me:confused: Surely half the fun of this thread is being able to comment on the (many) inconsistencies in the soap etc? Those on TV are open to criticism about their appearance in every show I've ever seen - look at all the criticism Keith Duffy has gotten on the internet because of his new teeth!! It's part of their job to take the bad comments, with the good.

Keep in mind angel, that all those of us who are fans of FC are included in their viewing figures week in, week out and there are many of us who watch it because it's 'so bad, its good'.

Excellent post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

cloptrop wrote: »
    Woah that was weird, i wonder has the fact it was half 3 in the morning got anything to do wioth it. Has amelia jane been at the fizzy drinks.

I think that remark is totally unnecessary.

I find your posts weird tbh.

[/U][/B]

I think that remark is totally unnecessary.

I find your posts weird tbh.
    You are really hurt this person closed her account and made me and half the other people that post here look like bad people because we have a laugh at fair city. This person was so outraged that fair city was taking a bit of stick , most of it friendly.
    If you go to her other threads she is slating dana saying her husband should have gone to specsavers.Now what is worse Slating the potential president of ireland on her looks and saying her husband must be blind. Or poke a bit of fun at a soap .
    This is whay i thought there may have been alcohol involved. When she closed her account at half 3 in the morning in a case of mock outrage to make me look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread closed temporarily, pending review.

Busy today, so I'll post my thoughts later.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK guys, it's a shame that ameliajane felt the need to close her account, but that's her decision.

I think that cloptrop's posts are no worse than low level trolling, and he/she has been infracted for the personal attack on ameliajane. Next offense will be a ban, and so on.

I'm not going to pretend I understand the love-in for Fair City in this thread (and the aggressive defensive posture taken if anyone has a bad word to say), but I don't follow the soap so I can't comment. If everything was sunshine and lollypops here, then it would be pretty unbalanced. Negative opinions are present on all TV threads, and that's what makes these threads interesting and engaging. Sure, some of the comments are a little cruel, and some have been OTT (and dealt with as such), but for the most part this thread has a great group of loyal supporters and good banter. It's a shame to see people leave (or threaten to leave) but that's up to them.

I know I've said this a few times, but if a post offends, please report it! I get the impression that some of the posters here would let posts get under their skin and irritate them more and more over time rather than report them.

Finally, I've put in a request for dedicated mods for this forum - people who are regular posters here and would be in a position to reign things in before they get out of control. Please note that I have no control over who they will be (there is a process that Category Mods go through to select potential mods), so don't contact me to ask if you can be mod.

Thanks for reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Thanks for reopening! Over sensitivity is the problem here, fat people don't like fat jokes, skinny people don't like skinny jokes etc but thats the point of freedom of speech and boards.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,425 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sometimes this thread is worse that the Dail :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sometimes this thread is worse that the Dail :p

exactly, you cant please everyone there'll always be somebody in the shadows with a puss on their face!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Well ive missed out on a lot over the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thanks for re-opening. I think that it is good to have both positive and negative comments, it shows where the show is good at or where it can improve. The only issue I have is when the comments get a little personal and taking the piss out of someones looks or size. That is what I have an issue with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement